“fell inlove with this hotel”

Palm's Hotel Trinidad
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I came to this hotel for my birthday weekend with a very good friend of sweetheart...the staff were nice,hotel clean and 5 min for mall and airport...I had a wonderful time, being that was my first time ever in trini....I will definitely come to this hotel again...i miss it as I write..lol

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweets6

Reviewed 1 August 2009

I ended up at Palms, because my friend did not make arrangement for me in POS, however, I did enjoy my stay, very homely atmosphere, quiet, clean, not very satisfying in terms of breakfast, however, the room was very comfortable and clean, everything was so up to date, the cable, hot water, aircon, wi fi, worked perfectly, housekeeping (Cassandra) very plesant, Front desk on sundays (Pamela) as plesant as Kathy, whose there Mon to Sat., who I taught, at first was the owner, because she is so dedicated, always has this look of calm, never flustered, looks directly at you when you speak, you can see she is listening, and will make every effort, and call anyone and everyone to make sure that whatever your need is, that it is met, the staff at this small new hotel, (2 years) is what all hotel staff should be like, especially where it is said that Trini's are very hospitable people, Kathy-ann, ( Manager) Pamela, and Cassandra.
I have already recommended this wonderful little hotel to almost everyone I have met, and I will not stay anywhere else, anytime I am in Trinidad.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I just needed a place to sleep, not far from Trincity Mall and Piarco International airport and Palms Hotel was a good choice. Surveilled 24/7, the rooms are little but useful if u don't wanna spend so much and moreover if u need rooms just for sleeping.
Linen changed every day and management was ok.
I will be there in July/09 too

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2009

We found this hotl by chance and what a gem it was. The rooms were clean, modern and well equipt. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful and although no restaurant at the hotel, you could get a basic continental breakfast and the close by Trincity mall had a selection of nice restaurants. We stayed here with another couple of friends and we were all very happy.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My family and i stood at the palms one week ago and the stay was great everything looked just as it did on the website. they were 5min from the airport, and 5min from the beautiful trincity mall which had quality restaurants, cinema, and gameroom for the kids. Housekeeping was excellent and provided 5star service. only thing missing from this hotel was a pool that would of put the icing on the cake. One problem i had was the manager kathy-ann, she did not make me feel welcomed at all, her customer service was horrible, i felt like if i had a question or even just entering the vicinity that i was bothering her. I usually stay at a 5star hotel in port of spain but this year i really wanted to save i thought the hotel was wonderful but the customer service from kathy was just horrible and unprofessional. I will definetly stay there again hopefully next time she will leave her problems at home and welcome her guest more.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa G
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Hotel is approx 8 minutes to the airport and ideally located for those seasoned Trinidad travelers. The courtyard is ornate with tropical foilage and the rooms are impressively clean. The "Continental Breakfast" is limited to toast, coffee, cereal, and prepackaged muffins. The staff was very polite, friendly. Although we experienced a problem with our room reservations, the staff was able to resolve the matter satisfactorally.
We would like to see more proactive security measures in place; especially at night. During our stay there was only one front desk person on staff at a time to screen individuals entering the premises. This puts both personnel and patrons at risk. I would recommend this Hotel to Business travelers and those familiar with the area and people.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the Palms Hotel for Carnival 2008. I found the hotel to be very clean, and nicely furnished. I found the beds and the room to be very comfortable. One of my concerns about staying in Trinidad was my personal safety, and the Palms staff quickly put my mind at ease. The manager (Ms. Castillo) made my stay an enjoyable one. She was very attentive to me and my friend's needs, and she was very professional and polite. I found the breakfast to be disappointing ( little to choose from). I feel like they could offer a little more, maybe some sandwiches or bagels? A pool would also be a nice idea! :) Overall the staff was polite and professional, and because of Ms.Castillo's efforts to accomodate me on my past visit. I will be sure to stay there again for Carnival 2009!( God sparing life!)

Goodz

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank soca1
12 mi away
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Palm's Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!