“Worry-free”

Ranked #5 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Sidney, Canada
“Worry-free”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

When we settled into Thanna's this week for our stay our 23 year old son said "I can see why Thanna's gets such a high rating on Trip Advisor". It's no accident. The rooms and facilities are spotless and the owners go way out of their way to assist their guests. Anna even offered us a refund because they have a special on now that they didn't have when we booked. How many people do you meet in the hospitality industry with that kind of integrity? If you're looking for a WORRY-FREE STAY where you can trust that the accommodations will be excellent, run by people who are also highly trustworthy, you'll really enjoy Thanna's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
St. Lucia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I needed an affordable romantic getaway in Trinidad ... I chose Thanna's online. I did not regret it. Great service, really clean place, sumptuous meals ... and the Camps? So cool ... I will dffinitely go there again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arleen W
New Zealand
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Sadly I only stayed one night here, and frankly it was a privilege to do so. The place has everything you want - it's lovely, it's clean, the beds are comfortable, the wifi is good. But more than that is the kindness of the owner, Anna. To begin with she stayed up late to make me a cup of tea and settle me in after I arrived from New York. Then she cooked me a special breakfast because she knew I was a foodie, and it was terrific (see photo). Lastly she's helping me get something I left at another hotel in Tobago. I couldn't conceive of staying anywhere else when I return (which I'm certain I will), and I'm sure you won't regret staying here either.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank mealadvisor
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our trip to the Port of Spain has been a memorable one! Just got back from Trinidad and we are really missing the hospitality and our room at Thanna's Place! Mrs Anna Camps was a very helpful and loving lady who made our stay a comforting one. The room was excellent, clean and spacey, also would like to mention access to internet through wifi was really handy! Me and my husband are both vegetarians (no fish or eggs) and Anna made us the most delicious veggie breakfast with a continental twist! Our trip to the Port of Spain was mainly to go to watch a couple of Tri-Series cricket matches held this Summer, Anna had organized a taxi to the cricket stadium, also gave us information on touring Trinidad and also organized a taxi returning back to the airport, all this was extremely helpful and made our trip less stressful. Definiately a place to stay when in the Port of Spain, we hope to pay a visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Priti55
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Its proprietress, Mrs. Anna Camps, is a charming,pleasant, always helpful motherly person. It is located five minutes away from the savannah-reputedly the world's largest public park-a favourite for joggers and walkers doing its circuit. The savannah is also the location for the start of Trinidad's glorious annual carnival. You can hail a taxi passing outside Thanna's Place and be taken down Charlotte Street into the heart of Port-of-Spain for only $3TT. For trips to and from Piarco airport,or to any destination, Thanna's will arrange for you to be picked up by Mr. Omar Mohammed, who is both a taxi driver and a certified tour guide.He is a young,enterprising, gentle, courteous, honest, and soft-spoken guy. His phone number is 1-868-737-4422.Was it worth staying at Thanna's Place? absolutely! would I go again? I sure would! Its rates were certainly very reasonable for what its amenities and security.

Room Tip: Discuss it with Mrs, Camps. My room met my needs, private bath, air conditioning, and comfortable m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Kenneth A
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
We at Thanna's just love to know that our guests are happy with their accommodation choice. We thank you for taking your time to write this review and we do appreciate the comments. We have realised the tips and comments come in quite handy to prospective guests. All the best to you and we hope you would give us the opportunity to host you again.
South, Trinidad
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've stayed at many guest houses and bed and breakfasts in and around Port of Spain but by far this has to be the best. Not only was it clean, private and comfortable, the hostess Anna and her daughter Thais were friendly and extremely accommodating.

I felt like i was a member of the family, i was never rushed for breakfast, whatever time i got up there was a note and instructions to call Anna who ensured that my meal was fresh and always delicious. To top it off breakfast was fantastic everyday, something new always awaited me.

I left Thanna's very rested, happier and a few pounds heavier. I highly recommend this place and do look forward if i can get a space(lol) to visit again. Truly wonderful experience.

Room Tip: i choose the room in the picture, it is just as it looks, king size-bed excellent for a couple or an...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
It is always a pleasure having our Trinbagonian family with us. We try to provide a getaway that is homely yet with a degree of privacy, 'call us when you need us'.
Your comments are much appreciated and know that you can consider Thanna's your Port of Spain home. We look forward to spoiling you again. Best of wishes to you and family.
Oakland, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We arranged for Thanna's to pick us up on our arrival in POS, and from then on everything about Thanna's was friendly, comfortable and accommodating. We were traveling with our 2-year-old daughter, and Anna went out of her way to make sure we had a crib, a good room location, delicious breakfast, etc. She was a smiling and gracious presence throughout our stay (and followed up with nice emailed photos. We walked everywhere - to good food, the center of town, a playground. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennie M
campoac, Owner at Thanna's Place, Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you valued our service. It is always a pleasure to see families enjoy their Trini home. We are thankful for your comments as we strive to make Thannas as warm, comfortable and welcoming as we possibly can. We wish you all the best and do hope to see you again.