“Excellent food, very poor organisation”
Review of More Vino

More Vino
Ranked #13 of 166 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Rome, Italy
“Excellent food, very poor organisation”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant represents a typical case where a few organisational issues may ruin the experience provided by excellent food...

I was at this restaurant with a business partner and I must say that I enjoyed one of the best sushi I had in the last months (and I tried a lot in different places of the world). Maybe a little "american-style" (in particular for what concerns the rolls), but very tasty and high quality. Tempura was also incredible. 5 stars for the food.

Two main problems occurred. First: the time for having our orders on the table was exceptionally long. And when I say long I mean more than 1 hour of waiting time... This is a real problem because I would not come back again if I'll be with partners or friends and we cannot spend so much time only for wating to eat. Second problem: even if it's not adviced at the entrance, they accept only a limited number of credit cards, and this can be a real problem if you don't have an alternative.

A final suggestion: is better to get a reservation.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jerry-Janko

“Tried to go”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just tried to go here - the place was empty - yet they turned us away - we just wanted a simple after work drink and some appetizers on the outdoor deck - they said they're still setting up outside and they have reservations (she offered us an in door seat but we did not want this) - the place was empty - so they rather make no money than take a couple hundred $ from us :/

1 Thank JevinRamjattan
Trinidad
“Great sushi but a bit pricey”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went to more vino for lunch. The sushi tastes great however a bit pricey. The location on the avenue is convenient and the service was ok. Worth a visit

1 Thank TravTrini868
Trinidad
“Great Food, Great Ambiance service could be a bit faster”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great Food, Great Ambiance, to make it perfect I would encourage a more timely service! Sushi options were w great variety and tasted excellent!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Camille T
“More liming”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Atmosphere is relaxed but decor is tasteful. Lots of choices on the menu and also the wine list. Overall a pleasant experience and a great place to kick off a night on Ariapita Avenue

• Visited February 2014