Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
2,341 results
All reviewsinfinity poolwaterfront restaurantsea viewglass showersushirain showercustomer servicebreakfast buffet isbusiness tripbusiness hotellobby bartrinidadportspainshipsgymgulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Rooms are spacious, new, very clean and well maintained. WIFI and cable is fast. Good selection of cable programs. Shower is a bit strange in the middle of the room surrounded by a glass box but no trouble if yolu are on your own in the room. Sea view rooms have a gorgeous view on the water. There is an excellent gym open 24 hours a day and a nice spa and outdoor pool.

Food is very good in the Waterfront restaurant and morning buffet service is very quick and has a great selection. The hotel taxis a VERY expensive so get them to book you an olutside cab co. or have ylour host arrange this.

The one shortcoming was the laundry service. The lady who cleaned my room usually forgot to put a new laundry bag ands form in my room every night and when I called for it took them so long to deliver it that I would have to leave my room w/o them delivering it. I therefore would have to go to reception to get this. Then when I called for them to pick up the laundry it took so long for them to pick it up from my room I missed the regular service pick up time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Poleinahole
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This new hotel is right on the sea front, very near the centre of town. You can have breakfast and dinner on the terrace a stone's throw from the ocean. The sea front rooms have a great view across the bay.
The best food option seems to be the sushi bar.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PreferBlueSkies
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt in April 2011. At the time, my fiance and I were disappointed by the customer service by Hyatt staff.
Due to the inconvience at check-in, Vincent James (Front desk manager) promised that we would receive 5000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points. Five months later, no points have been awarded.

Hyatt is great, once you don't experience any problems during your stay. However, if you do, the staff's response is dismissive. I found the customer service to be particularly poor. Hyatt may be considered THE hotel in Trinidad at the moment, but I found the service at other hotels (e.g. Hilton) to be far better.

I will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Reahana19
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel is too fabulous for words! As soon as you walk in, your jaw will drop. We scored a good package with expedia that included flight, otherwise we wouldn't of had been able to afford it at their nightly rate. We got an early check in which was nice after a red eye flight but we were told that all the ocean view rooms were unavailable. We were told to come back the next day to try and switch but then were told there was still no availability for the next few days. We were okay with that since the city side view overlooks downtown and Savannah Park so we didn't push to move rooms.

The room was nice and clean. The shower and toilet area was a little different since everything was all glass. The toilet area had a glass door that didn't lock. I constantly had to hold the door while on the toilet as my toddler daughter kept trying to let herself in. There weren't enough knobs to hang stuff. We used the pool a few times but there was absolutely no where to hang up our wet clothes afterwards in our room. The fridge and coffee maker was nice and so was the complementary toiletries.

The area was nice. It's a 3 minute walk to catch the Water Taxi to San Fernando. It's good to check out for the day if you want to see a bit more of the island. It's fairly cheap, air conditioned and the company is very professional. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk to Independence Square. Just be sure not to be caught walking there at night. It gets a bit sketchy. During the day there's lots of business people walking around and food vendors. It's a good place to do some shopping too. But if you want food, there's a KFC (Trinidad KFC is the BEST!!!) and you can get Doubles, Linda's Bakery.

The food at the hotel is really expensive. They have a 24 hour cafe which sells little danties and small food items but it cost $17 for a Tuna croissant that tasted like it sat there for 7 hours. And for pop, it was $11 for a 591ml bottle. No joke. It's the tourism tax that really gets you that they put on all these food items. So buy your food when you are out and about and keep it in the fridge to eat if you are looking for a late night snack. The hotel food prices is a total rip.

The business centre was convenient but pricey as well. I used the internet for an hour and it would've worked out cheaper if I just brought my own laptop and purchased their 24 hour wi-fi rate.

The pool area was spectacular! There's also a pool bar where you can get some lunch and some other grilled items but it closes early.

Tip: Don't ask the concierge to get you a cab because you'll get "hired" service. They charge $20 to get to a 10 minute destination. Walk into Independence Square and hail a cab there. It's 1/3 the cost.

Overall, the Hyatt in Trinidad is by far the nicest hotels I've ever been at. They definitely done right with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Trinipina
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is in very good shape and located at the waterfront. It has good views, delicious food, great swimming pool. I appreciated in particular its environmentally respectful policy. If you are looking for a tourist resort, this is not the place to be but if you need to pause for a while, this is a great spot to rest and recover after a tour in the region. At the time of this review the country suffers from sky rocketing crime rates and is now under curfew. Nevertheless, the staff here is extremely helpful, responsive and nice and can recommend touristic attractions nearby. I recommend Susan Nicholas-Glasgow's fantastic concierge attentions, Aneil's excellent service at the reception and the great driving skills of both Sookesh Harricharan and Dwayne Daniel with the St Christopher taxi company. Wishing them all good luck.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo