Oh wow! It was everything I thought it would be and more. From the very first greeting, to the very last good-bye.
So I had a spa appointment at Spa Esencia, which is also at the Hyatt, at 1pm. But check in wasn't until 3pm. Nevertheless I decided to try my luck. To my surprise Vincent was very willing to accommodate me at 11am. To my delight I was offered a glass of sparkling wine(I thought being my birthday and all), which was usually offered to guest when you check in...lol.
So upstairs I went straight to the gym, which was great. There were towels, bottled water and even fruit if you so desired. My work out was cut short because I just couldn't wait to get into the pool. The pool was a little crowded but overall very nice.
Ok my room was on the top floor (2222) which had the best views of the city's night lights. The bed was very, very, comfy. Almost like sleeping in my own bed. Nice and clean as was expected. I was told that there would be entertainment on the weekend which was a very nice touch to add to the overall experience. Saturday night(birthday night) when I left the hotel to have dinner elsewhere, there was a slice of chocolate cake and happy birthday written on the plate.(Awwww!)
Breakfast was buffet style which was great. Especially the omelette which chef Keron made. Not to mention a variety of fresh fruit and fresh pastries.
Check out was as smooth as was checking in. I even got to stay an extra hour. I so love this hotel. Would surely recommend and I can't wait to stay there again. Thanks Ravi, Vincent, Antonio, Dexter and Jerome and all the crew who made my birthday one to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain