Hotel staff is very courteous and friendly. They will do just about anything for you, BUT: Check you bill and verify all charges, on my 1 night stay there was an incident of service provided with a charge that was not advised.
Not satisfied with concierge services at all, concierge did not want to provide any information prior to arrival. This hindered planning my 1-big night in town. When at the hotel, concierge provided incorrect info on steelpan yard and mascamp location and times.
We were assigned a room with ocean view. Looks like all ocean view rooms had unobstructed full water views. Great view was actually of the rode with ships at anchorage. Hotel is directly next to a container port with freighters coming and going all through the day and night. This provides nice scenery, no noise or other negative distractions. Only corner rooms have small balconies with illogical layout. Our balcony was on side towards the port and at night there was noticeable noise from air-conditioning units on rooftops of port service buildings. Try to get a balconies on the south wall facing office and government buildings instead.
Bring lots of USD $5 and $10 bills. Need a taxi to go even 2 blocks as entire Port of Spain area is determined unsafe due to armed robberies specifically after dark. All taxi rates are in USD (not in TTD $ - weird, right?). Beware: Taxies are not marked and do not have meters, to return to hotel, call hotel and request a car to be dispatched to come pick you.......
Given the Port of Spain location and all the negative crap that comes with it, the hotel itself is very nice, very clean, presents a safe and pleasant ambience, it even has a pretty cornice type walkway along the waterfront and walk to/from ferry port.
Club is very nice offering sodas all day with hot hors d'oeuvres and fine selection of wine and liquors during cocktail time. (consider upgrading!)
Lobby bar with outside terrace has live music nightly and provides a little haven of tranquility.
If I ever have the need to overnight in Port of Spain again, I will certainly stay at Hyatt no hesitation at all! If I don’t specifically need to stay in Port of Spain however, I will check out the city of San Fernando or stay a beach instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad is a high rise hotel at the Port of Spain International Waterfront Development along the waterfront of Trinidad and Tobago's capital city. This 423-room hotel offers contemporary style and a comfortable luxury for Trinidad visitors. Featured in the design is a 16,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom, a 10,000 square-foot multipurpose facility and twelve smaller meeting rooms including two boardrooms. In addition, guests can enjoy a 9,000 square-foot spa with en suite facilities and a serene rooftop infinity pool and terrace with beautiful views of the Gulf of Paria and provides a relaxing escape for business travelers. Dining options range from a fine-dining restaurant, 24 hour café, sushi bar, lobby lounge and bar, in-room dining and poolside bar. Currently the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment. There is limited access to some areas but all amenities are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Trinidad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Trinidad
- Hyatt Port Of Spain
- Port Of Spain Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad Port Of Spain