“One of my best indian food”
Review of Apsara Restaurant

Apsara Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 178 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was visiting Trinidad for a week and was told to give Apsara a try. I couldn't be happier, the food is very authentic, especially the veggie platters are very very tasty and portions are reasonable.
Just one thing, be careful with hot food, the pepper is really really spicy.
We liked it so much that went back

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This is my new favorite restaurant. I like trying new cuisine and this has got to be the best so far. I read the reviews initially about high pricing and bad customer service and I must say that our experience was totally the opposite. And that naan.... it's an experience you must have yourself.

1  Thank Ahkmad L
Reviewed 28 April 2014

great tastefull Indian food and service was good. the issue was to come here with a group and be overcharged... 70usd per person without alcoholic beverages nor desert. beware and avois asking them to pick the food for you

2  Thank marlonfl
Reviewed 13 April 2014

First and foremost....I would like to say transparency is key when operating a business. We were a party of two, visited the restaurant at the prompting of our driver. Yes, it was during Carnival season but this should not be a significant factor as to what we encountered.
We ordered 2 appetizers 2 main course a Lassi, water, and one order of bread. The food was NOT spectacular...and this is coming from someone who dines on authentic Indian (North & South) cuisine several times per month! We did notice some familiar faces from out hotel (the Hilton) departing when we arrived, however, during our visit we were the ONLY patrons in the restaurant! We should've known there was a surprise in store since the menu we were given had absolutely NO PRICES DISPLAYED! When we requested our bill...shock was not the first reaction.How is this possible? . OVER $800 TT for a dinner for two.. with NO alcohol!! I travel quite a bit for work...this was not a FINE dining experience! We read and reread the bill, The surcharges and fees were near $200 TT dollars! Again, the menu we were handed by the server did not display any PRICING! Never once did we expect to pay near $150 USD for such a simple meal.. We truly believe this was a case of price gouging, as the receipt displayed both TT and American pricing...hmph? Who ever told them we were Americans and before you suggest Americans are the majority of travelers during this time...no. This is not the case. ROBBERY! NEVER again!

2  Thank O C
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Dined at Apsara on a business dinner per the suggestion of our driver. It was a little confusing to find, as it shares space with a Thai restaurant. We didn't realize this until we were already sitting outside on the nice patio and reading a Thai menu instead of an Indian menu. However, the hostess was gracious and allowed us to order from the Indian menu, while sitting on the Thai restaurants patio.

The service was a bit slow - it took us a really long time to receive our check, but they were able to split it for us, which was much appreciated.

The food was very good. I tried the tandoori chicken, butter chicken, some sort of mushroom and pea dish, the samosas, and the naan. I was most impressed with the flavor of the mushroom dish and the naan.