“Consistently delicious authentic cuisine”
Review of Apsara Restaurant

Apsara Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Every time I visit Port of Spain on business I make a point of visiting Apsara. This must be my 6th visit and I am never disappointed. Indian food became a regular staple on a Friday night after a few pints when I grew up in London. This tastes as authentic as it did then. Of course it's not like Indian food in Mumbai but it's as delicious. Service is great, ambiance is great. I will visit again and again and again. Yummy!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent and scenic location on edge of the Savannah, it exudes a luxury dining experience. Inside is well presented and fancy, even down the chutney dishes. Menu enticing, if too broad, but plenty of appetising choices. Staff seemed a bit over bearing at first (too little to do) but it settled down. Food was superb and well presented in ample portions. Only niggle was I went to smoke outside, informed the waiter, and returned to find my table had been cleared and my half drunk beer removed. This took the shine off and meant I had to loiter to pay. Other than that error, an impressive dining experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This restaurant needs a bit of a revamp!! They claim to serve authentic Indian cuisine but that was indeed questionable. First of all, the walk from the car park to get to the restaurant was taunting. Then when we were escorted to our seats, the layout of some of the tables (like ours) was in very close proximity to another. This made us feel like our privacy was invaded by neighbouring ears.

On another note, the servers were unprofessional in some regards. There was not one specific server assigned to our table. We asked one server for the drinks list and had to ask again when a different server came to our table. Similarly, we had to ask three times for a refill of water.

Furthermore, when the server rested the condiments on our table, there appeared to be a bit of seafood at the edge of one of the containers.

For a restaurant where the prices are not cheap, I expected to get superb, effective, quality customer service but instead. This experience reminded me of a trip to the poorer parts of India, with the musty smells and tainted cookware. I would not recommend anyone to visit this restaurant. It's not worth the money and definitely not worth the unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely one of the best Indian restaurants in Trinidad I've ever been to. The food is decadent and I always find myself goin back again and again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The taste was spot on and worth the price...compared to other places in POS.
Hopefully after the rennovation the entrance and parking will be better.