“Very good dim sum and ambience”
Review of Tiki Village

Tiki Village
Ranked #27 of 164 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Polynesian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Trinidad
“Very good dim sum and ambience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Today my family and I visited Tiki Village. In the past, we frequented the restaurant for dim sum, butter the last few years we stopped because of the price, as well as the quality (which we found fell a little). Today however, my entire family and I enjoyed the food immensely. The menu had a few unique items compared to the other dimsum restaurants and it was delicious.

We made reservations, so on arrival we were promptly greeted and then seated. It took about 5 minutes for a waiter to take our drink order and give us a menu, but after that the service delivered by Purnell was exceptional. He was very attentive, friendly and professional. Since it was my mom's birthday, Purnell organized a slice of cheesecake with a candle for her. What a very nice gesture!!

I am glad that we went, as well as I was very pleased with the service delivered - especially since i was a bit skeptical after reading some negative reviews. We will definitely be back sooner rather than later.

• Visited September 2013

San Fernando, Trinidad
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband made reservations at this restaurant for a party of 7 as it was my birthday. This was one of our favorite restaurant in Trinidad but until now it's the worse for us. As we arrived, we were seated by a hostess and given menus. We must have waited 20 minutes and not a waiter/waitress came to take our drink / food order. As we were waiting and waiting, there were other couples and families coming in and getting service before us. My father had to go to a hostess and ask if we can get some service at our table. We then had to wait another 5 minutes until a waitress came. As she arrived, her attitude was beyond aggressive. We felt as if she was angry to serve us. She asked around the table what everyone would have to drink and took all orders and never once asked me what I would have. As she was walking away, my husband called her and I told her that she didn't take my order. She actually looked at me as if I was giving her trouble with an angry look on her face...I then said that I can't have her serve me with that nasty attitude. That just spoilt my birthday. We then decided to leave because of their poor service. Once my favorite restaurant, now at the bottom of my list. I would never again recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AmaraChangoor
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and very good service.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Tiki continues to provide excellent food and good service. We frequented Tiki when we lived in Trinidad over twenty years ago and now it is on our itinerary for lunch or dinner whenever we visit. The staff are well trained and very courteous and the view is quite pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
“cool place”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

the restaurant is nice the service is good the food is tasty but i think they lack variety since they cater to an international clientele.

• Visited September 2012
“good food”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've been to this restauranton on several occassions over the years. The service is good.
If you are into Dim Sum then you can get it here, but only served on a Sunday.
Chinese cuisine can be ordered from the menu. The food and drinks are great.

• Visited August 2013