“family owned restaurant with a good aerial view of Port of Spain”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tiki Village

Tiki Village
Ranked #29 of 161 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Polynesian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“family owned restaurant with a good aerial view of Port of Spain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is hands down one of the best restaurants in Trinidad. The food and ambiance are exquisite. You can see most of the magnificent 7 sites.

Visited June 2014

Trinidad
“Just right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The ambience of this restaurant welcomes you into tranquillity and rest. I appreciated the earthiness of the décor. It is well located and allowed us a beautiful view. (I even got some ideas for a room I want to create.) The food is very good and the service was highly commendable.

• Visited June 2014
United Kingdom
“Beautiful decor, very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful the decor was upon reaching. The lighting was perfect for the night. We were greeted by a group of waitresses who were very friendly and helpful all night - I am shocked at the multiple reviews of poor service! They came to check on us multiple times and we were served quick. Food was pretty good, the Tiki hot chicken and Veg noodles were excellent - however, I was disappointed by the Walnut shrimp (I ordered this upon reading a review here) - I am not a fan of creamy white sauce but they had many jumbo shrimps in there which made up for it. Drinks were great too, I had a blended fresh watermelon, papaya and pineapple juice. Prices for meat dishes were as expensive as vegan options, which did not make any sense to me. A plate of broccoli should not be the same as a chicken dish, so I did not venture on the vegan menu. I would definitely go there again to try new more exotic things, like the Polynesian curry! I was also sad there was no "outside" viewpoint because I wanted to go out and take some pictures of the capital.
You could check their menu and prices here: http://static.squarespace.com/static/51af5d0ae4b06a9242b3f9ee/t/531f3326e4b002f5b011cda8/1394553638789/Tiki_alacarte_menu%202014.pdf

• Visited May 2014
“Relaxed & Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Relaxed atmosphere makes this dining experience what it should be. Nice place to lime - decent food for the value. Good service (whenever I dined here). Clean environment. Pleasant decor, spacious dining areas, nice ambience. Get a window table if possible as there is a nice view.

• Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“Nice Ambience , Poor Service and Not up to Standard Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My Girlfriend decided to carry me here for my birthday , the ambience of he place was excellent , the food itself was horrible I ordered Polynesian curry chicken with rice and she ordered a vegetarian dish , both were very salty and tasted very unlike what we expected !!! The waitress would not even top up our water and we had to wait until we finished to get another drink , so we packed up out food and instead went to the Hyatt Trinidad Regency where the service and Food were excellent. Tiki village to me is not worth the money , prices are not that bad but for the quality of service and food , this should be your last option.