“Great”

Chaconia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maraval
“Great”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The service was an overall "family" type of interaction; the environment was one of calm and relief. My husband and me were made to feel at ease on entering and on leaving. It was very quiet. I forgot that I was away from home.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ayana O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Homely feeling nice and warm staff. Breakfast options were vast in its variety. The rooms are well put together but there aren't any balconys, just a mini open area for each room. The pool at the time was out of service and didn't look very inviting. Breakfast is downstairs and the area is small. The restaurant is upstairs but it isn't a WOW look.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Adele A
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading the reviews I was expecting the worst but I was pleasantly surprised. We were in Trinidad for a golf tournament and it was perfect for what we needed. Budget accommodations. I found the staff more than friendly. Roger the driver is priceless! The furnishings need to be upgraded but found the beds comfortable. It has GREAT water pressure and we always got hot water. There are no luxuries but if you need a cheap place to rest your head then you will be just fine.

Room Tip: There are no elevators or bellmen so if you cannot walk upstairs make sure you request a room on a l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jtbmom
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I came there with my brother and we paid for two rooms. We changed our mind soon after because we were not comfortable in either of the rooms. The girl at the front desk offered to change the room, which we did, but still, it wasn't feeling right. The hotel is old and has that old stiffling odor. It needs to be upgraded from the paint, to the linens and towels that are severely over used, televisions from yesteryear, room furniture broken down, rotting and laminate peeling off. The room doors are also very heavy. The workers are ok. I don't blame them. People need jobs too right? We stayed here a almost 2 years ago and I swear that the bed covers are the same from since then. My brother cannot remember because he was younger then and dosen't concern himself with these kind of things. You know how kids are, but as a woman, we don't forget these kind of things. Such a shame especially since the owners of this hotel have one of the most successful businesses in trinidad and tobago. There is no excuse from the owner of this hotel for the state that it is in. Speaking as a business owner, they need to get this under control get this place upgraded.They need to get serious if they want to continue this business. If not sell the place and give it to someone who has a genuine love for hospitality and accomodations. You cannot have hotel prices for a motel experience. We're not coming back.

Room Tip: Bring your own linens and air fresheners.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sian G

Travellers are raving about these Maraval hotels

Georgetown, Guyana
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was our first trip to Trinidad and this hotel was recommended. It is in a good location, and the facilities were favorable. We felt we did not get the service we deserved, from not having what we wanted from their menu the excuse being they had a big function the previous day, to very cold front desk staff and one kept reminding us that she is not a waitress. I would like to commend 3 staff members who made our stay worthwhile, dinner and breakfast waitresses, plus the dinner chef. They were flexible and went out of their way to make us happy. We, as a family dont think we will use their facility again, unless there is a total overhaul.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Trinidad
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Because of some of the reviews, is the reason why I came here. But my stay here was very BORING. It was myself and my 4mth old son. I just wanted to get away from home and relax a little. Could bathe in dere so called pool (it was d size of a baby pool at 50ft in depth) and it was duty. I paid for the breakfast package, but breakfast menu was very limited on the first morning....Only pumkin, saltfish, eggs, and HOT DOG sausage. ...really?? They haven a very nice restaurant on 1st floor with delicious food. However I had to use the taxi service the next day, to go get my own lunchbecause the Chef was not there. Imagine that!! But dinner timehe was there. I mean what kind of sservice is that people? There was nothing to do there.....nothing. my son and I stayed in our room mostly.
One thing I forgot to mention. ...on my arrival, there was this tall slim dark girl in uniform. ..she was unwelcoming, she jus staired at me with an unpleasant look......that would turn off any customer. Thank goodness I did not see her after that. This hotel needs alot alot of work and changes and some changes to your staff. They are unfriendly and not welcoming. The only ones who were very pleasant was the taxi driver Roger and the receptionist...a pretty red thick lady.
I won't recommend here for a vacation stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a good hotel to feel at home away from home. To relax. There is international internet service. There are lots of casual and semi-casual dining areas for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Transport to the city areas is pretty good and does not take up much time to reach your destinations.

Room Tip: They usually give you the kind of room you require once you request it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ashley W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maraval
Courtyard Port of Spain
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
Las Cuevas Beach Lodge
Las Cuevas Beach Lodge
#1 of 1 in Las Cuevas

Been to Chaconia Hotel? Share your experiences!