“Hidden away. Not for kids”
Review of Shirvan Watermill Restaurant - CLOSED

Shirvan Watermill Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Several patrons smoking away. Food was pricey. Minimal choices. There was little for kids to chose from. Area very dark and access to restaurant was very difficult to find.

1  Thank aps115

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us & what a good recommendation it was the food was excitant especially the hoy snapper fish :-) and another in our party had a steak which she could not finish as it was huge so we took it home please go and try this place as there are not very many good restaurants on Tobago

1  Thank Stewart C
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Meal was delicious and reasonably priced. The selection was good with nice choices of mains and starters. Was quite busy yet the owner took time out to say hello to everyone. Thought the wash wipe board could be replaced with a black board, a little more tasteful,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent 2 months enjoying the warmth of Tobago. As we drove pass the Watermill Restaurant, I noticed a sign by the road advertising they were now open for lunch. I enjoy meals out for lunch much more than the evening meal, so I gave them a call to find out what day they would be serving their (much praised on Trip Advisor) coconut cheesecake. The hostess asked the chef and I was told to let him know what day I would like it, and he would have it for me. I gave the chef 4 days notice, and made reservations for our last day on the island. I was delighted! Our party of 5 was very happy with the meal and the cheesecake. We had Fish and Chips (60TT) that came with a small salad. The Watermill is closed on Sundays, but if you have a large event of 20 or more people, they will open for you, I was told.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had two meals at this restaurant and will be back again. My husband had the lamb and I had chicken with mushrooms and marsala... both were delicious and the dessert, creme brulee was "to die for". The service was fantastic as well, and I want to thank Asha for her terrific service. The next day we wanted to find a place for lunch and decided to "go with a winner", so back we went to The Watermill. We were not disappointed!!! My husband had fish and chips, the fish was so very fresh, and cooked perfectly as were the chips. I had a tomato, arugula and cheese sandwich which, again was delicious! Thank you to Kevin, the chef for the best meals we have ever had in Tobago. We have recommended this restaurant to our friends and I know they will be happy with the food, ambiance and service.