“It's home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobago
IV King's Guesthouse
Ranked #50 of 92 Tobago B&B and Inns
Trinidad - San Fernando
“It's home away from home”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My family and I stayed at Four KIngs Guest House twice in six months. It was very welcoming...home away from home. The place was immaculate and the apartment was well maintained. The appliances and fixtures were in working order.
After visiting other places that carry the same rates......I must say.....I am quite pleased with the acommodation.
Thank you very much and look forward to retuning in August 2011.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Sassi70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Vacations are few & in between in my business. I am a pastor. I researched IV Kings before I went. As this is a tropical island, I did not expect to find everything I might find at a 4-star US chain hotel. I found the staff to be very courteous, helpful and very willing to do whatever necessary to accomodate my family of 6. We chose to be away from the beach because rental cars were available for us, and because we didn't want to be bothered by large crowds. We woke up to a nice breeze from the ocean every day of our 2 weeks. The pool, internet cafe, gym and washroom were more than enough. Inaddition, the staff arranged a bus tour of the island & rain forest. These little touches really added up. My family and I sincerely appreciate the staff's courtesy & excellent accomodations. The room had a full-sized fridge & stove & excellent television service. IV Kings is walking distance from the soccer field where events (games & festivals) are always going on. My wife & I can't wait to go back (don't tell them) without the kids this time).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank revgmost
Tobago
Reviewed 28 September 2010

First of all, this guest house is ridiculously overpriced for the standard of service they claim to provide. The basic amenties were lacking, even though advertised...eg: basic hot/cold water, bathroom was approx 3ft x 3 ft...,no utensils in room, the refridgerator was no bigger than the microwave!
There was hardly any customer support from the staff during our stay. The pool was totally over-cholrinated resulting in some terrible eye irritations! there is no control to the amount of visitors of guests...some of us had to actually leave the pool because of over-crowding from guests who allowed visitors...this was totally unfair since we were paying customers and were not given first priority and made comfortable.
There was an incident of a guest who was intoxicated harassing a couple of our female family members....that just goes to show the calibre and culture of people who stay here...no regard for others.
At some times there was no one available at the office.
We were mislead by this guest house's website and will never ever patronize this place again....Total robbery!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank Robbed2010

Travellers are raving about these Tobago hotels

Tobago
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I visted IV Kings Guest house wth some friends it was wonderful. The palce was real cean and our apartment was good. Not talking about the staff they were great. The business is control by some some ppl and they are doing a wonderful work. The supervisor could be about 28 and is really working in trying to make the place always on top. Lucy she a darling. Anyhow we spent about 5 days and we had no problems staff was always there to help. Love IV Kngs and will return soon

Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Arima, Trinidad
Reviewed 19 August 2010

well for this august vacation i stayed that Four Kings hotel, i must say after reading all these reviews my expectations were not so high, i arrived the wednesday and to my suprise i was contented, the room i stayed was a 3 bedroom, but only 2 bedrooms had air condition. the kitchen was small and neat, but the fridge was icey causing problems with it closing, but it was nice we had plates n bowls n spoons but one of my neighbours were only given 2 spoons. The living room was real simple n nice but the tv was not showing properly and u could of barely seen the pictures on the television, but it had cable. there was hot and cold water in the bathroom real nice. i must comment the service was real nice the maid we had cleaning out room was really nice to us everyone loved her and she was very helpful. In four kings there is an internet cafe but it is down due to upgrading. the pool was real nice but i must warn you if u cant swim stay close to the shallow part there is a part of the pool where it is 7 feet deep that was really scary cause there were two people who got into difficulty when i was there. but the pool was nice, there are chairs around the pool but most were in need of changing. Even though there were so many thing went bad when i was there i will still recommend this place to anyone, the service was top of the line. anytime we needed anything we could of asked for it that was one thing i really love. the recreational grounds was occupied almost everynight so u were not bored. there is a gym, my the stuff in there need changing, when i was in there, only a few things were working. there is also a restaurant but its not in service. Oh i forgot there are some rooms that don't come equipped with stove. But its still a nice place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank star-trini
Trinidad
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Guesthouse location is convenient; nice view. Need upgrading. Too many leaks and not enough utensils in Kitchens. Too much noise from A.C's. No internet in apartments. Nice place but needs a little upgrading. Rates could be a little lower. But generally, I still enjoyed myself.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I have been visiting this guesthouse since May 2005 . My most recent visit was April 2010 for the Jazz festival with my wife, besides this our extended family would converge here annually (appx 45 -50 persons from T&T, Mia, TX, UK, NY.Africa ) between July- August for a week for a reunion or as a Trini would say a big lime. To us and those who have accompanied us there the venue has become special and a reference point even of happy family fun. From 2005 I saw gradual improvements however in Aug 2009 we noted a fall in the standard we knew the guesthouse for. The absence of house keeping staff to neaten rooms, beige towels which started out as white, faulty plumbing, broken beds, plant pots overgrown with weeds on the balcony, dusty window panes. broken toilets /leaking taps, heavy lime scale on bathroom fittings, and a general used odor in the rooms with kitchenettes. I discussed my concerns with a lady in position there and told her I'd be back to determine whether we would return in August 2010. I returned in April for Jazz and found things worsened. The white paint around the pool was faded, the pool was dirty and for the length of the stay a tap leaked in the bathroom steadily leaving a rust streak on the tiles. Despite this in checking in we met a girl named Lucy who though meeting us for the first time knew that we were returning guests. She asked us to hold for 15 mins as she "wanted to surprise us". When we went to our room Lucy had decoratively placed the petals of the burgundy petals of the bougainvillea on our bed to spell "Welcome Back".
This was a beautiful gesture but underscores why I return to Four Kings guesthouse at least 3 or 4 times a year. The IV Kings has all the ingredients to provide its guests a memorable experience, a truly Caribbean experience. The pictures on the website do not tell of the beauty of the Montgomery grounds which is always well manicured and the view you get of the Caribbean Sea Port of Scarborough from the balconies overlooking Montgomery Grounds. Nor do they tell of the quiet country roads you can walk under the shade of tall trees in the vicinity where you can find remnants of ancient Sugar estates and boiler houses. it is a diamond in the rough requiring effective controls, some injection and visionary direction

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple