“It doesn't get any better than this!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tobago
Sunset Valley Estate
Ranked #42 of 95 Speciality Lodging in Tobago
Arlington, Virginia
“It doesn't get any better than this!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2008

When I think about a dream vacation, I imagine beautiful beaches, tropical plants swaying in the breeze, fascinating wildlife, and hospitable people. I found all of this and more at Sunset Valley Estate in Tobago.

When my friends and I first saw the view from the house in the daylight, we thought we had come to Fantasy Island! In addition to the fabulous view (Caribbean and Englishman's Bay on one side, Rain Forest on the other), you can watch hummingbirds, parakeets, parrots and many other birds.

There is something for everyone here: relaxing pool, hammocks, beautiful scenery everywhere, wonderfully open bedrooms, and of course, the kindness and exceptional hospitality of Mom and Pop in our "home away from home".

This was our second trip to Tobago and to SVE. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tobago. Part of the fun each day was telling Mom and Pop about our adventures and then relaxing every evening out on the balcony overlooking the Caribbean. This place is really secluded, peaceful and safe. You may find that you want to spend all of your time at the house, but if you decide to explore the island, you will definitely need a car.

Tobago is a wonderful place to go hiking, snorkeling, swimming, exploring or just relaxing - whatever you feel like doing. You've got to check it out. You won't be sorry -- ever!!

Stayed April 2006

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 11 April 2008

I have to say that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sunset Valley. The home, the view, and the surroundings were everything one would imagine their Caribbean vacation to be. One can appreciate the serene view, the feeling of being in the middle of the rain forest, and the simplicity that the home near Englishman’s Bay has to offer. I will be going back…

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
portland, oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2008

We had the pleasure of staying at the beautiful Sunset Valley Estate this past March. It was wonderful in every sense of the word. The villa and grounds were extremely well maintained. The views were spectacular and the hospitality the best feature of all. It’s the best vacation we have ever had and the best place visited. You find very few things in life that are better than advertised, but Sunset Valley was more than we expected or even hoped for. We have read other reviews which stated this same feeling and this was one of the deciding factors as to why we chose this particular villa. We now eco those exact sentiments. Sunset Valley is better than advertised. We can heartily recommend this to any future visitor to Tobago. We know we will be back.

• Liked — the relaxation
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2006

One of the best holidays I have ever taken. The house was very comfortable and accommodating. Mom's cooking delicious The locals were very friendly. We had a great time at Englishman's Bay. I would highly recommend going. I will be returning.

• Liked — Amazing view, clean, and comfortable.
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Tips/Secrets — Englishman's Bay is a great beach and close to the house.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diannica
Reviewed 20 November 2006

I'd never been anywhere near Tobago before, so I went in knowing that I knew nothing. I'm only 26 years old but I try to travel as often as possible, and because of this I've been quite a few places, including Hawaii, many parts of Mexico, and yes, even to the luxurious slice of paradise known as Arkansas. All joking aside, Tobago -- specifically where I stayed with Mom and Pop -- was by far the best place I've ever been, and I struggle to see how it could possibly be surpassed. It was Heaven on Earth. I couldn't imagine a more gorgeous place to stay. So peaceful, so beautiful, such nice people to be among. I honestly never wanted to leave. I'm just trying to figure out how I can make enough money to retire there in the next year or so. The food prepared by Mom was absolutely delectable. The weather was perfect, and if ever it felt too hot, there was always a convenient pool to dive into. The view had to be the best part, though it's hard to choose a best part when everything feels like a dream that you never want to wake from. The view is 360 degrees. Green everywhere: plants, trees, we even saw a green frog. The view of the water is calming, you can see fishing boats go by every now and then. Everywhere you look you can get lost in and stare for literally hours. There's hammocks around the deck if you feel like relaxing to a good book or taking a nap. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're thinking about going, don't think any longer. It's something you'll never forget as long as you shall live. It's beauty that you've never laid eyes on. It's serenity that you've never experienced. Bottom line: it's the best. Thanks to Mom and Pop, two of the kindest, most genuine people I've ever had the privilege to meet. I hope to see the both of you again sometime in the not so distant future. If I can only be so lucky.

• Liked — The people.
  • Disliked — Leaving.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay as long as you possibly can because you will not want to leave.
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NativeDiegan
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 September 2006

I just returned from another wonderful stay at Sunset Valley Estate. Its hard to return to the normal grind after 10 days in paradise. There is no better place to relax in the whole world. I can't wait to get back. The hospitality of the owners "moms and pops" cannot be matched. The views are breath-taking and almost unbelievable. I was amazed how many birds were around and couldn't wait to watch them at dusk. The beaches close by were almost vacant and so wonderful, whether I was snorkeling or just taking sun. I can't begin to describe how comfortable I felt at the property. I felt right at home. This is the place for relaxation and fun.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay forever
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
5 Thank FlyingtheWorld
canada
Reviewed 13 September 2006

If you're looking for an "off the beaten path" place look no further. Complete privacy, superb house and grounds, gracious hosts, jungle on one side and ocean of the other. We've been twice and expect to return in the near future.

Ed & Joan Herbert