“A beautiful home from home”
other traveller has booked this property
Dine or just relax by the 40 foot pool-or enjoy lap swimming
Stunning bougainvillea by the pool One-storey Dolphin villa & its Dolphin gates against the background of a typical blue Tobago sky.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dine or just relax by the 40 foot pool-or enjoy lap swimming
Stunning bougainvillea by the pool
Chill in the gallery's hammock, or eat al fresco as you enjoy the birdsong and sea view
Sea View-Minister Bay-the garden is full of flowers,from bougainvillea to stunning dessert  roses.
totally unspoilt beach, Minister Bay, 3 mins walk away. Watch pelicans, herons, frigate brids and turtles (March-Sept)
Open plan area-Huge dining/lounge area, with kitchen to the left
part of the excellently equipped kitchen; washroom to far side, pool outside kitchen door.
The en suite  Frangipani room
Super King bed in spacious Hibiscus room with its a/c, chic en-suite and  walk-in shower
Trendy colours of en suite  the Orchid room with its ensuite bathroom incl.tub&overhead shower. The super King bed can...
Amazing Rose  lilies in our garden
Manager Kelvin watches over  a leatherback turtle on Minister Bay beach, 3 minutes walk away.
Balisier growing in our garden
Enjoy this amazing sunrise over Minister Bay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Vanetta
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“A beautiful home from home”
Reviewed 17 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This villa is beautiful and so relaxing. I haven’t had such a laid back holiday ever!! My husband I slept in the lovely light first room with a massage shower (unfortunately my arthritic hands wouldn’t allow me to use its features! The kitchen is well kitted out. The pool area is beautiful- you just lay on a sun bed or bob about in the water and the bush gets crowded with beautiful humming birds.. a lovely welcome pack was waiting for us which was much appreciated . Kelvin is on site so we always felt safe and able to leave our valuables in the villa knowing he and his trusty dog Bella were there. The only downside was no air conditioning in the kitchen or the lounge. There are fans but it made cooking in the kitchen unbearable. The lounge has ceiling fans and 3 floor standing fans but they only moved hot air about. All in all a fabulous holiday in a tiny peace of paradise. Really recommend this lovely home

21 Mar 2018
I was delighted to read that you had a fabulous holiday in a tiny piece of paradise and that you really recommend my lovely villa.
I was somewhat perplexed by your comment that it was too hot to cook in the kitchen, as there are ceiling & wall fans as well as air-conditioning. What a shame that you thought the fans in the lounge were just circulating hot air-there is usually a breeze from the sea, which wafts through the front double doors when they are open (mosquito doors prevent any unwanted mozzies, even at night) & straight through to the pool at the back.
The manager was very pleased that you said you hadn't had such a laid back holiday ever, as he goes to immense trouble to ensure that everything is perfect for guests.
Lindahath
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Dolphin Villa August 2015.
Our first time in Tobago and we loved it!
We rented the villa with some friends and it was perfect for our needs.
There is nothing I could fault.
My only disappointment is that I am not visiting again soon :-(
Thank you Kelvin and Mrs M for making our holiday perfect. One day we hope to return.

8 Jan 2017
Thankyou Linda for going to the trouble of writing a review 4 months after you stayed! That means you must have really loved it and in turn we really appreciated having such delightful guests in the villa. It's so easy to put one's holiday behind one-but you went the extra mile to make us feel that we had done a good job. Looking forward to seeing you again some time. Marilyn and Kelvin
Liz M
“Can't wait to come again!”
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Great place for a quiet holiday in a natural paradise. It started with the warm welcome from Marilyn and Kelvin, their helpfulness in guiding us about how to get around and where to go in the island,good swimming beaches and the perfect Caribbean wonderland of their local beach, where Kelvin cut down some ripe coconuts for us to sip as we wandered along wondering how we had got to heaven so easily! They were also full of good tips about places to eat, several little cafes and restaurants with sea views and fabulous fresh fish.
After all the guidance they gave you the space to treat the villa and the pool as your own, and one memorable night Kelvin also cooked us a wonderful meal at home.
If you have the slightest interest in birds or wildlife, follow their suggestion for a tour with
Newton George, who knows all the best places and introduced us to more exotic birds than I can possibly remember, all in their natural habitat in a centuries old national park.
I'm sure there's lots more to see and we only had a week, so I hope to get back one day. Wonderful walking, peace and space and quiet. If you aren't keen on walking, you might want to hire a car to see the rest of the island.
Thanks, Marilyn and Kelvin, we loved it and are sure we'll see you again, tho it's a long way from Australia

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Friendly, easy, homely atmosphere
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
20 Jun 2016
Very delighted to hear that you loved your holiday at Dolphin Villa. I was especially pleased to see you refer to our isolated and beautiful beach as 'a perfect Caribbean wonderland'. That's just how I feel about it, with all its wildlife and the striking colours of the light at different times of day. Also thrilled that you enjoyed your trip with Newton George. He is a very humble man, despite his international reputation.
We can't wait to welcome you back to Dolphin Villa. Best wishes, Marilyn and Kelvin
Helen R
“Wonderful Place to Stay!! ”
Reviewed 13 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My family and I traveled from Texas to Tobago for a wedding in May 2016. There were 7 adults and 1 baby and we all stayed quite comfortably in the Dolphin Villa!

Marilyn and Kelvin were awesome and helped us with everything from arranging airport transportation, to activity suggestions, to loaning us toys and a crib for the baby. When we arrived there were fresh flowers all around the house, mangoes in the kitchen, and we were able to settle right in. The kitchen had lots of cooking utensils and dishes, so we cooked several meals at home in between wedding festivities. Everyone enjoyed the pool in the backyard, which Kelvin took care of every morning for us. The gorgeous landscaping made relaxing on the porch even better and the hammock was a hit!!

When we had to go into town, it was pretty easy to call a cab and we were given several great recommendations of professional and prompt drivers. We did not rent a car and were able to use taxis or walked all week.

All in all, I would absolutely stay at the Dolphin Villa again. Before our stay, Marilyn was very helpful. During our stay, Kelvin and Marilyn took wonderful care of us while giving us plenty of space to explore the island. And after our stay, they both followed up and wished us well on our travels. It was such a pleasure working/staying with them. Thank you so much Marilyn & Kelvin!!!

Stephen R
Liverpool, Texas
“Everything that we needed, fantastic stay.”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I could not asked for a better place for my entire family to have stayed at for our trip to Tobago. We had space for all of our events surrounding a family stay for a week with 6 adults and grandchildren.
Clean, large common areas and cozy rooms met our needs.
The landscaped grounds are beautiful with colorful plants and birds every where all day long.
I will use this villa again

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
26 May 2016
Dear Stephen,
Thankyou so much for your delightful & very positive response to Dolphin Villa. We were delighted to hear that everything suited your needs and that you appreciated the beauty of our garden and of the birds that we go to so much trouble to encourage.
Thankyou too for being such charming and fun guests. It makes us happy when our guests fit in so well & have such a good time.
We really do look forward to seeing you all again-and perhaps with more grandchildren next time, as you'll have noticed that we love having young children around.
All good wishes to you and your family,
Keep well and happy, Marilyn and Kelvin
TaraJeanC...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overall Disappointing - Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I really wanted to love this place but we had several issues from day 1. More concerning than the actual issues was the owner's responses. She seemed completely unapologetic or remorseful. I can only assume it is because we paid in advance and she knew we had no recourse for our dissatisfaction. Here is an overview of our experience. You can draw your own conclusions and make an informed decision before booking.

1. We couldn't take showers as the showers had zero water pressure. The sinks were fine and the toilets flushed most of the time but the showers in all 4 rooms we had were useless.
2. Wifi was only available in the TV room and kitchen. You don't get a signal in the bedrooms or in the backyard by the pool. We expected to have wifi throughout the house.
3. The beach that is within walking distance is not good for swimming. I guess I missed that on the website. Kelvin told us how to walk up to where we could swim but it was too far for me to walk with my 9 month old and my 70 yr old mom and aunt. You should rent a car to get to the beach if you want to swim.
4. There was a mouse in Room 3. He jumped from the floor onto the bedsheets and tried to climb up the sheet onto the bed while my sister was on the couch in there reading. My husband went in to kill it but it escaped through a hole in the wall into the closet. We plugged up the hole to try to keep it from getting back out.

Liked best: Pool was nice
Liked least: No water pressure to take showers, poor customer service from owner.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 May 2016
I’m sorry to hear you felt my reply lacked remorse. Kelvin did check with your mother, was assured that everything was O.K., & asked her to suggest you communicate directly with him as he is on site.
I am so surprised by your response: let me help people draw their own conclusions.
Kelvin checked for holes that a mouse might use & 1 has been blocked.
He was pleased to learn that you ‘found the villa clean and has all the amenities as described’ (April 16), so hopefully the mouse’s appearance was a one off, though as I said in my reply to you, we can’t do anything about the fact that the tropics is teaming with wildlife.
Re wifi: I explained to you that I advertised ‘wifi access’, not wifi round the pool. Our system stretches some 90’ ( from the kitchen to the lounge and into the gallery) , which is better than in many households in the U.K.
You complained about poor water pressure, not useless showers. Dolphin villa has been blessed with either mains water or reserve tank water for most of the time. Once reserve tanks are in use, the water pressure is low (detailed in our information sheets). We have had the plumber check the whole system & there is nothing wrong with it. All he could think was that, as you’d said that you had been able to shower for 3-4 mins(April 20)., someone had the washing machine on at the same time. The problem has now been resolved due to heavy rain and the Water Authorities’ opening of 3 new wells.
Re: beach. Kelvin did go to the trouble of accompanying you all to show you where you could swim. I told you that the beach is great for long walks and observing wild life. The water was not very calm when you were here, due to Spring tides, which mean the beaches on the Caribbean side would have been calmer that week( and vice versa at other times).I’m afraid this is not something we can control.
I was especially disappointed to note your point about lack of customer service. You originally booked for 9 days, then changed it to 7, then to 5. I acceded to each request with a good grace, even though we were inundated with requests for the Jazz festival & lost a great deal of custom. You even commented that I had ‘been so flexible -we appreciate how accommodating you’ve been).
I also spent many hours getting quotes for you for catering,then tracking down a caterer who would deliver, only to be told you didn’t want either. You booked a dinner for your first night, Kelvin bought in all the ingredients, marinaded the meat, only to be told less than 24 hrs before arrival, that you were cancelling.
Your husband asked Kelvin to book a van for you, he went to fetch it, only to find you had booked one yourselves. All very embarrassing for Kelvin.
MingLeah
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Wonderful, welcoming home away from home”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here as a post-Trinidad Carnival cool down (myself, husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and his girlfriend) and it was everything we could have wanted! The Villa is lovely, with a scenic garden and a great pool of which we took full advantage. The amenities are excellent and everything is well-maintained. We loved that it felt truly home-like and so comfortable and we full enjoyed our stay! Would definitely recommend and stay again. Have only good things to say about Marilyn and Kelvin's customer service throughout the entire process.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home-like feel of the Villa, which was in excellent condition
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing