The Beach House Castara
US$190
US$182
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$135
US$132
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$144
Travelocity
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
All reviewscoconut heightsporridgecar hirefishhumming birdsstingrayschickensatm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This really is paradise. Out of the many places I've travelled, I've never felt so relaxed and happy than I did here.

We stayed in one of the studio apartments that had direct access to the beach by a path from it's porch... so where I give the "swimming pool" 5 stars, the Caribbean Sea was my pool. I spent many a lazy day sitting in the hammock and drinking local Rum and Beer, which there is a plenty from the village at the top of the hill, or from the boat house next door to this beautiful property.

This is a self catering place, and everything is right where you need it. Knives, plates, pots and pans are all present and accounted for, which makes the difference. The other killer aspect is that it comes with a gas powered BBQ so you can have those perfect beach BBQs without leaving the property.

The beach house is situated at the bottom of a steep hill, but there is a good shop at the top of it, which will sell you most of your groceries. There are also plenty of places to eat out in this small village.

If you enjoy your snorkelling, this is certainly the place to do it. As you head to the beach from the beach house, on the right side is where the coral is... though do be wary as rough waves will bring up stones. A smoother entry is from the left side between the rocks.

One thing to note.... If you're a light sleeper, you might wish to bring ear plugs. The sea and the village cockerels will do their best to wake you up, though what a beautiful place to be awake.

We had a fantastic time here, and hope that we can come back again soon. Everything about this was incredible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Searching for a tropical island with an overwhelming nature, beautiful beaches, a clear sea and colourful fishes on living reefs? Want to make and meet friends in an idyllic fishermen’s village with some small but nice restaurants and bars? You don’t need luxury but a well equipped accommodation for a reasonable price? You are searching for a beautiful apartment at the most romantic place in the world directly at a wonderful beach with an unbeatable view and magnificent sunsets?
You have found it: „The Beach House“ in Castara, Tobago, W.I.!
And you will return!

Believe me.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in January and enjoyed ourselves very much. The beach house's location right on the beach is lovely and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching people having fun in the surf. The beach wasn't very big so was lovely and quiet with just a few locals and tourists. it was very unfortunate for us that the sea was quite turbulent and therefore due to the proximity of the beach house made it unbearable for us to sleep at night, other people may find that sound comforting, unfortunately I didn't.
The beach next to ours was larger and invariably the local fishermen brought their catch on to the sand for locals as well as tourists to buy, I bought fish twice and cooked it withing 30 minutes of being caught - that's what I call fresh.
We had a great holiday and would recomend a stay in castara.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank NM3378
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a rest after the fun of Carnival in Port of Spain. It was perfect! The house is literally on the beach - my husband and I would talk to one another, one on the porch, one on the beach. We went to sleep to the sound of waves, after watching beautiful sunsets. The fishermen brought their catch up next to the house - with the provided BBQ, we had the freshest fish I've ever eaten! The beach was often empty, or only had a couple of people. White sand, blue water, and good snorkeling (although it was a little wavy while we were there). Porridge, who manages the house, was very helpful. The owners are quick to reply to emails and the booking process was easy. We'd love to stay here again sometime!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlysonH123
Reviewed 29 July 2012

As a family of four we stayed at the two apartments for one week. They are not just clean and functional, but they have a very pleasant unique and personal touch. The garden is dense, so you get a nice shadow and privacy. The view from the patios is incredible. The house is managed by mr. Porridge, which is a really nice and dependable person.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family