“A Magical Sensory and Spiritual Experience!”
Review of Table for Two

Table for Two
Ranked #30 of 139 Restaurants in Tobago
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open verandah, canopy of stars, symphony of Nature ... And just one single table for two people---you and someone special (romantic, platonic or familial). More than simply "dining", Table for Two is a multi-layered creative and culinary experience for just you and your companion. Savour a world of surprises at your dinner table-inclusive of unique vegetarian cuisine and a customized experience inspired by the essence of your relationship. Open for dinner only. Please book at least 5 days in advance and complete the questions on the booking form available on our website. Looking forward to creating a memorable experience for you and yours.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Table for Two is truly a once in a lifetime experience. Elspeth has an amazing and special energy, and her creativity, sincerity, diligence, and love, are a testament to her kind soul. The food was healthy, unique, and delicious. The amount of thought and attention to detail is unlike anywhere else you've ever dined. The entire meal is catered to fufill a special wish for you and your loved one, and is full of surprises. If you are ever on the island, it is a MUST DO. The experience will not disappoint and creates a memory of a lifetime!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you, A & R! I really enjoyed the night you two came. It was an inspiration for me as well. Wishing you continued flower blessings. Elspeth

There are newer reviews for Table for Two

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

When I booked "Table for Two" as a surprise for my partner during a visit to Tobago, what I had not expected was that is was actually also a surprise of my own...I was unprepared for the depth of the experience beyond the food!
On arrival, we were warmly greeted by Elspeth - the host/concept designer/chef - when we came inside, we were not prepared for the overwhelming beauty of the Table for Two setting. Just stunning.
Through the lounge area, onto the veranda where our Table for Two was set up. Just for us...with sparkling fairy lights, dream catcher and candles, on the backdrop of midnight blue skies, the rolling Atlantic waves and a (pre-orederd) crescent moon! Speechless as we seated ourselves!
My partner is "not one for Surprises" and when I said I had booked a special dinner & a bit of a surprise, I could see he was uncomfortable...but as soon as he met Elspeth he knew he was in safe hands, and then at the sight of the table setting, he exhaled....and continued to relax more & more into the experience.
5 specially designed courses, named thoughtfully from our advanced questionnaire - with the same thought and consideration attached to actually honouring the course names, with the preparation of the dishes themselves....each course reflecting in texture, taste and presentation, the carefully considered personal attention of Elspeth.
I hadn't even thought about what we were actually going to eat, and the cuisine actually does the concept proud too. It's not just a gimmick with average cooking...it's a culinary joy too! Prepared and served with Love as the main ingredient.
Between each course there was an additional layer of exploration between the diners, with the creative input of the host, and this added another dimension to the dining, that was an unexpected delight for us.
Elspeth is as present as you need her to be yet elegantly absent too, allowing space for your own personal Table for Two experience to develop in its own intimate way.....
The real beauty of Table for Two is the unique energy that each couple can bring, the evolving dynamic of each pair plus Elspeth, weaving their own tapestry making it hard to review in a general sense, just to say that it should be experienced first hand by anyone that is even considering it....GO and have your own Table for Two and see for yourself!!
Thank You Elspeth....I shall return!!

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you both so much for coming to Table for Two and infusing it with your special energy...during and after. And I really value your written expression. Wishing you the best in all things. xo Elspeth

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Elspeth was a great hostess and chef! It was quite an unusual and quirky experience.

My wonderful, amazing boyfriend planned a surprise dinner at Table for Two for my birthday, but it turned out to be a surprise for both of us as Elspeth plans more than just dinner!

Elspeth is the ideal person to plan a special experience for someone you love.
We delighted in not knowing what would happen next; both in food and activities!
I don't know if she knew this but I had problems accepting the turning of age, but Elspeth worked her magic! I left very inspired.

During dinner, Elspeth was open and responsive; from talking about politics with us (what else you expect from two lawyers) to yoga!

We appreciated all the personalised gifts prepared for us... who doesn't like gifts! Also, if you are a dog lover, her dog Venus is a sweet heart!

"We wish you all the love in the world."
PS&AR.

1  Thank preya s
Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I love being a part of a wonderful surprise, so this was also very much my pleasure. I enjoyed meeting both of you and facilitating your special evening.
All the best.
Elspeth

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The most exquisite and romantic dinner for a couple. The most peaceful, unique and artistic dinner of a lifetime.

Thank you so much for coming to TFT and for taking the time to write your review.
Wishing the best to you both.

E.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A wonderful example of how an intimate experience should be. The ambiance and atmosphere is beautiful, reminiscent of what olden times in Tobago must have been like: sitting on a veranda, watching the sea, feeling the air and the open sky. Chef E is accommodating and gives off an aura of that family friend you would have called auntie. It is clear that she is inspired to do this, making it much more meaningful than simply going to a mainstream restaurant. Definitely worth going to for a special occasion.

Elspeth B D, Owner at Table for Two, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Aaron, Thank you very much for your clear, thoughtful comments. it was a pleasure.

Elspeth