“"A home away from home"”

Sullivan's Court Apartments
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We had a hard time deciding where we wanted to stay on our vacation in Tobago. We browsed the net several days before we came to Sullivan's Court Apartments. We never heard of it but the pictures we saw led us here.
Upon entering the compound, the landscape left little to be desired and immediately my boyfriend got disheartened. I was a bit more optimistic so I said, "I don't think it can be that bad". Indeed...it wasn't at all!
We were definitely not expecting all the amenities they had to offer. Cable television, hot and cold shower, fridge, washing machine, iron, microwave etc. We felt like we were home!!! I heard my boyfriend exclaimed, "babes look! They have a pool!" You would think they gave him a big candy how his eyes lit up like the moon...lol.
Needless to say after that our stay was fantastic! Incredible! And very romantic!!!!!!! It was a bittersweet feeling to leave but Sullivan's will always be our first choice any day!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharol

Reviewed 7 January 2009

Sullivan's Court was recommended by a close friend, and I must say that from the time I arrived i was impressed, a spacious, tastefully decorated and furnished apartment, very comfortable with all the necessary amenities. i have no other words but total satisfaction. every need met, quiet, safe surroundings peaceful, perfect for relaxation and nice location for beaches or the mall or scarborough. Helpful and friendly management. I would definitely recommend them for any visitor.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2,729
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Having a large family, we needed accommodation that could comfortably house our family while still being peaceful, serene and enjoyable. The service provided by the manager was exceptional. She was very professional and courteous, checked in on us regularly to ensure that all was well and that we were enjoying our stay. The facilities were very clean and family friendly not to mention spacious and adequately furnished. However, there were a couple areas that could do with improvement. Firstly, the side road should be paved so as to avoid the muddy conditions when rain falls. Secondly, the house keeper was extremely rude and very inhospitable. Apart from those 'hang ups' our stay was thoroughly enjoyed and I would definitely recommend Sullivan's court to anyone.

1  Thank Kj23
Reviewed 26 December 2008

This is so far one of the best guest houses i (well my family and i) have stayed in thus far. Our apartment had all the necessities and more. And we were so blessed to get the apartment closest to the pool. the place is well kept contrary to other posts. More importantly is the excellent service. the manager ms carmini is very dedicated. her business ethic is top of the line. She is very straightforward and she also has integrity a key factor which a lot of business ppl seem to be lacking these days. Her husband is also involved in the business as night watchman. ms carmini called us as soon as we came off the port of scarborough (perfect timing if you ask me) and gave us clear directions straight to the fromt door of our apartment. It goes to show that the people is what makes your stay in another land worthwhile. Sullivan's is a definite recommend. you'll be very satisfied.

1  Thank megaizzy2007
Reviewed 13 December 2008

Having stayed at several other guest houses on the island on my birth, I and my boyfriend were VERY pleasantly surprised at the quality of Sullivan's Court! The owners thought of almost every thing to make comfort a priority, down to washing machines and cots for babies. And for once, a guest house where you don't have to go hunting for wares or cutlery.

The staff were very friendly, polite but not instrusive at all.

The apartment we got was spacious and very very clean, tastefully well appointed and most importantly - quiet. No cars whizzing by all day/ night or loud music or planes. Outside lends itself to serenity as well, with its clean pool( that does not have a chemical-like scent) and natural surroundings, though the grounds is in transition, but it can only get better.

It it a fairly large property for a guesthouse and I do not agree with the other reviewer that the landscape was 'scruffy' or 'unmaintained'. While there, almost every day I saw and spoke with the wonderful and modest gentleman happily tending to the landscape in Spanish, French and English.

While we had no problem with its location - which is relatively close to supermarkets, restaurants and a main road, it is a cool walk of about several minutes. Nevertheless, I always recommend renting a car in Tobago.

For the price and quality, I would not hestitate to return.
My only regret was when I had to leave Sullivan's Court and my beautiful island of Tobago once more.

I hope this standard remains and guests respect the efforts put out by the owners for their convenience and comfort.

1  Thank CaribbeanDee
Reviewed 30 August 2008

The court consists of 8 apartments with 1 pool and scruffy/un-maintained landscape.

Booking: no problems. I vacationed with 10 other people so we booked 2 apartments. A 2 and 3 bedroom.

Each apartment come with 2 fold out beds so if you have 8 people, just take one 3 B/room everyone would fit!

The 3 bedroom:
There are 2 kitchens- one downstairs with a microwave, stove, refrigerator, glasses, plates, cutlery, banking pans and pots.
The other kitchen has a one burner stove, fridge and microwave upstairs.
3bathrooms- 2 upstairs in the bedrooms and one downstairs for everyone. WITH lots of clean towels and extra bed sheets.
there is a laundry room with washer, clothes line and ironing board with heater. There isn't any soap powder- so walk with your own.

The 2 bedroom has the same amenities except there aren't any bedrooms downstairs.

The apts are clean/neat - 4.5stars
The exterior is not attractive and you have to park to the back of your apartment and walk about 2mins to get to the front OR just jump down a 2-3foot ledge and use the back entrance.

The pool - it is nice/ no complaints and you there isn't any restrictions on times you can go in.

A security guard is on duty from 6pm and they lock the main gate so if you leave the compound you would have to open the gate ourself (it isn't locked)
Check the pics for a real looks at the place.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank LisaTrinidad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Mount Irvine Bay Resort
No photo provided
Sanctuary
#2 of 13 in Scarborough
Tobago's Hibiscus Golf Villas & Apartments

Been to Sullivan's Court Apartments? Share your experiences!