“Eh”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bacolet Beach Club Hotel so we ate here a few times. The complementary breakfast included with our stay was just ok. The lunch menu didn't offer many choices. The "beef roti" was definitely goat. It didn't bother my boyfriend, a Trinidadian, but that could be a major turn off for someone else not accustomed to eating goat. The dinner menu had some better choices but it was pretty pricey to be just ok.

1  Thank Tera P

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious, the staff was friendly, service was decent and food came out in a timely manner. Only thing that brought me to not give a 5 Star was the price. A bit over priced I thought. But the food was still great and the service was good as well.

1  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at the Bacolet Beach Club with my family for 3 nights and breakfast at Cafe Havana was included with our room rate.

The food was okay (maybe a bit greasy) but by the 3rd morning it had officially become monotonous. It was a buffet breakfast, which typically comprised
- cheese
- scrambled eggs
- pork sausage or chicken sausage
- bacon
- baked beans
- pancakes
On one of the mornings, fried flying fish and pumpkin chokha were added to the menu. Both were delicious. That was my favourite morning.
Cereal and cold milk were also available along with coffee, tea and orange/grapefruit juice.
A selection of local fruit was also available - papaya, bananas, watermelon.
Toast was also served per table.

Ambience
The ambience is very nice and cheery for breakfast. Lots of foliage and birds to see.

Price
It was a good deal since it was part of my hotel package but I think the price of the buffet breakfast is not worth the list price to non hotel guests.

1  Thank Kristle G
Reviewed 7 August 2014

When you step in it is a great atmosphere and they do make great cocktails. Also, in their cavity they do have a separate vegetarian menu but there is nowhere our meal of 2 starters, 5 mains, 4 puddings and two cocktails was worth £150!We were quite shocked. No, there is nothing wrong with the food but it was not of the quality of a Michelin starred restaurant were you would pay that much

1  Thank AdamsFlorence
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The food is very tasty. Service very friendly. the ambiance is great. Ideal for romantic dinners, for family meals, or just decent couples having drinks.