“Not a lot of stores”

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have traveled a lot & most places have a large area to shop for your trinkets to take home. We were surprised that there is one main area to shop on the island called The Saltmills. You won't find any bargains here either.

Our resort actually told us about a "market" place where you can get your t-shirts, etc. much, much cheaper. If you turn to go into the Alexandra. Go past it, turn towards Beaches. Go past Beaches & it is on the left hand side.

In Saltmills there are a couple stores that are good.
There is also "Potcakes K-9 rescue" where a group of people rescue & adopt out their puppies from all the wild dogs on the island. Some very cute puppies & from what we've learned they make wonderful pets. If we didn't already have a dog we probably would have been coming home with one. Apparently the airlines only charge $100 for you to bring one back under your seat. Potcakes supplies you with the airline carrying tote for the puppy.

6  Thank Roxane E

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband & I took our 3 kids (ages 9, 8 & 4 years old) to Turks and Caicos for our winter vacation. I researched professional photographers before we left and after speaking to a few of them via email, I chose Ileana with ATTIMI Photography to take family picutures for us. She was very warm, patient, fun, creative, smart, and most of all she listened to exactly what I wanted and that is what we got!! She is absolutely fabulous! I am a photographer myself and always have very high expectations...she surpassed them all! She gave us unique, fun, gorgeous pictures that we will treasure forever! We got awesome family pictures, individual pics of the kids and some of the best pictures I now have of my husband & I together. I cannot say enough wonderful things about ATTIMI photography. She pays close attention to the details and is extremely knowledgeable about posing so that you look your absolute best! I am so glad I thought of booking family pictures on the beach while we were on vacation - they are my favorite family pictures we own. Any family going on vacation to Provo should consider doing a family photo shoot with Ileana, you will be so happy you did! Overall we also loved Turks and Caicos and can't wait to go back! Perfect weather, great people, relaxing atmosphere and beautiful beaches!

1  Thank sunsandbeach5
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Wonderful 2 bedroom house with endless pool, beautiful view of silly creek 2 kayaks and all the accomodations one could ask for in this adorable home. Staff were wonderful.

1  Thank nadean5
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went to the Gourmet Grocery every single day of our trip to Turks and Caicos. Although the prices are rather high, buying breakfast foods (cereal, milk, fruits, etc.) and lunch foods (deli sandwiches, microwave meals, etc.) made using this grocery store a great alternative to spending a lot of cash on meals at the local restaurants. I highly recommend getting their “super sized” deli sandwiches for $10. Although the $10 price point is high, the sandwich would last us 2 meals (and we’re big eaters).

4  Thank First L
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Our family went to Turks and Caicos Islands to visit friends and we had the most incredible photo shoot done by Ileana. It was fabulous!!! We had so much fun, she made us all feel so relaxed and the special moments she captured are memories for life. We have the photos all over our house and can't wait to go back to visit the beautiful islands again! Thank you Ileana, sincerely Mandy and Peter Coles (Lucas, Oliver, Georgia)