“Wow!”
Review of SunRay Beach

Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Grand Turk
More attraction details
Owner description: Warm, calm and clear waters make this a perfect beach for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a beautiful beach. The water was warm and clear. I've never seen waves so gentle in my life. I'm not sure why people are complaining about having to look at the ship all day long, though I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed for most of the relaxation. Favourite part from the trip. I didn't hear any noise from Margaritaville. Thanks, Carnival.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Cori857

Tega Cay, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not much”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Like most others, arrived by Carnival. (yuck!!) Should have guessed. Only went on this cruise because our son twisted our arms. What a poor beach. It is owned by Carnival for the most part, like Half Moon Cay (another downer), and just isn't a very nice beach. If you like sitting on the beach and looking at two huge cruise ships all day, this is the beach for you. Makes it even more fun that they put tourists on beat up horses and ride them up the beach all day. Then the horses do what horses do and they just cover it up with a bit of sand. Guess you can figure out where the horse poo goes when it rains. The beach bars are just "OK", decent drinks. Shopping is just so-so. Same prices as the cruise ship. (Surprise!!). We have traveled to most of the islands in the Caribbean. This one gets at best a 3.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Tom K
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice beach”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Got here via carnival Breeze. Thought that we could go on some private tours offered by the local but turned out the entire port was owned by Carnival. Unlike other Caribbean islands, no local tour guides are available.

We decided to hit the beach instead. Gorgeous sand, beautiful water and free chairs. The only complain is the cleanliness of the bathrooms. My husband and friends also went on a banana boat ride with reasonable price. Had lots fun.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Cherry C
Reykjavik, Iceland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not more then nice.....”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Beautiful place, pristine ocean this could be perfect paradise on earth. Margaritaville ruins the place a bit it is loud party tourist place (and expensive). If you want to chill on the beach and enjoy the beautiful beach walk as for as you can from Margaritaville because there is a lot of noise coming from that place. It is not easy to walk far away from the noise, but if you have the health I would recommend that. Beach was a bit dirty and I saw people with glass bottle in the ocean (and I saw them as well in the bottom of the ocean) Think that they should have a little control on the beach to keep it clean and organize the beach better.

Big plus: Free chairs on the beach and beautiful pristine beach (a little dirty though)
Big Minus: Got the horrible Grand - Turk flu, hope they have got control in that. Worst flu I have had in my life - It was disaster.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank c-cruisers
La Plata, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Reasonably nice port call on our cruise.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The beach and water were exceptional. However, the bottom was really rocky and hazardous. Saw a number of injuries to feet and ankles during the day. The Carnivsl crew did a nice job of moving people on and off the boat. Not an easy task. A few nice shops and of course a Jimmy Buffett's for a cold drink and food. Thankfully a port lacking a Señor Frog!!!!! It was a nice break from sailing. Not sure I would like to spend a lengthy stay on the Turks but maybe I didn't get a good enough glimpse to be fair.

Visited July 2013