“Hands down, this was one of the best Island Dive Vacations we've ever had!”
Review of Osprey Beach Hotel

Osprey Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grand Turk
Reviewed 17 February 2014

After spending less than half of our 8 day vacation seriously scrutinizing the Osprey Beach Hotel, it's staff and it's offerings versus other choices on Grand Turk, I am thrilled to publicly announce our gratitude for the expert hospitality we received. We are divers and as such we are up early and use mostly every service the hotel provides. Our room, the public areas and the surroundings were impeccably clean with an obvious attention to detail and a relaxed grace. The food was important to us because we demand so much of our bodies, diving in 79* water for half the day, everyday. It was well varied, very fresh and delightfully tasteful. The staff at the hotel was wonderful. Unlike Little Cayman, we had options for eating elsewhere for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We indeed explored other restaurants and even looked at a room at the Bohio resort. We were pleased that we chose The Osprey Beach Hotel not only for the reasons I've mentioned already but for the location. We dove with Blue Water Divers (and will not in the future look for another company) but there were two other dive operations within a three minute walk from our hotel. (Kudos to Lucy at Oasis Divers for renting me that hood which kept me toasty warm under the waves!) We boarded our dive boat 5 out of 6 days, 20 steps from our hotel beach. We headed both south and north to dive sites that were at times, less than 5 minutes away. Location is key! Memories and friends were made; what a fantastic trip.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dianne A

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I stayed 7 nights in January 2014 at this hotel. We stayed in room 46 which is on the 2nd floor and close to the main office. The room had a great ocean view from the private balcony. The view was slightly obstructed on the south side by room 45 which jutted out further than ours, but that actually worked out just right because it kept our balcony in the shade in the afternoons and we could spend all afternoon out on the balcony. It looked like room 45 would have a better view. However, it didn't look like they could open windows on both sides of the room to let a breeze through which you could do in our room. In fact, we just kept the windows open the entire time we were there and the breeze that came through was perfect. No need to turn on the air conditioner that was in the room. The room was perfectly quiet. All we heard were the waves. Perfect! The room was very clean. We had a refrigerator, microwave, and toaster oven in the room. I would not recommend eating at the hotel's restaurant. The food is not nearly as good as the Sand Bar or the Secret Garden which are both just a few steps away. The service is atrocious at the hotel's restaurant. There were three tables (including us) and they forgot us for about 30 minutes until we went and tracked someone down to take our order. We tried it 3 times and every time we were very disappointed. Go to the Sand Bar or Secret Garden. We dove with Blue Water Divers (just across the street) and it was the perfect vacation. If you're looking for a quiet, calm, relaxing vacation, I would highly recommend the Osprey Beach Hotel and Blue Water Divers. There isn't a whole lot else to do on the island other than hang out on the beach and dive, but that was just what we wanted. The beaches and water are just amazing and no one is ever on them! It was crazy! We rented bikes one day and rode from one end of the island to the other.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms (there are only two floors) have private balconies and look to all have very goo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank K F
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We spent few days in Osprey Beach Hotel in mid January and we enjoyed it a lot. The hotel is situated directly on the beach and it takes 50 steps to enjoy swim in the beautiful, carabean ocean. Rooms are quite big with small terraces and ocean view.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The place is a paradise on Earth. If you're planning to go to Grand Turk, Osprey Beach Hotel is the best choice. Jenny and Georgina are adorable, and all of them were so patience with us and with so much care that our family could not wait to go back on 2016. The rooms are complete, and very, very clean. The food takes a little long to come, but when arrives is delicious. And you're not there to hurry up. Enjoy the beach, the diving points with Blue Water, and Mitch's excelent performance with his guitar at evening.

Room Tip: Definitely the Ocean View rooms... An outstanding morning wake up view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarceloLSSoares
OspreyBeachHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Marcelo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
It was our absolute pleasure meeting you and your family & friends. We truly appreciate all of your praise in regards to our staff, rooms and food.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in 2016!

Warmest regards,

Georgina

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I really had high hopes for this place as I was the one who chose it for our group of 4 divers. The rooms are really quite pleasant, open and airy. It is on the main street in Grand Turk and within walking distance of other restraurants. I waited 6 months to write this review so I could be fair and inpartial so here we go. In July, this place is dead, stone cold. Maybe the whole island is unless the cruise ships come in. The hotel is very small and nobody seems interested in you at all. The rooms are very clean and pleasant. The outdoor areas off your rooms are okay, comcrete shared space with other rooms, okay since we were next door to our dive buddies but set above the beach with no easy access. The views are nice and sunsets good. Now, the food.: OMG so repetitive! Do not get the all inclusive. You are so limited that eating becomes a true chore! Now, not that other choices are that much better but at least variety is available! Even barbeque night was meh. As far as getting anything to eat other than meal time forget it. The staff is so bored that they appeared put upon to wait on you at all. The guy that picks you up at the airport will charge you even though it is included in the cost. You must go to the office and straighten it out. The dive shop operation was fine (across the street) but I must say the diving was just okay. We went to the cruise ship terminal one afternoon and met some staff that also worked there and they were so much more animated and happy appearing. I'm not sure why but I do know that the people we met were mostly from Jamaica and said Turks were lazy. I don't know about that just told. The island history was interesting but not enough to alleviate some boredom. All in all I wasn't sad to leave like I usually am. I'm one of those people who truly enjoys off the beaten path but this wasn't my cup of tea. I wish I had better things to say because I was excited to go and the water was beautiful but I cannot in good conscience recommend. BTW the water was cold!! Be prepared if you're diving.

Room Tip: I would not do the annex
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dive4Luv
Reviewed 1 January 2014

View and location - 5 stars. Overall - 3 stars. The hotel is generally nice and a convenient place to stay on Grand Turk. I loved the view from our balcony - right on the beach with great sunsets! It was wonderful to fall asleep to the waves crashing on the beach each night. The rooms were big and clean, but nothing fancy. They provide a jug of water in the fridge since they don't recommend drinking tap water, but it was never replenished, and neither was the coffee. Otherwise, the housekeeping did a good job of keeping our room clean everyday. The women at the reception desk were helpful with making reservations for scooter rentals, massages, and dinner (and one woman went above and beyond to make sure we eventually got one of our checked bags that got left behind in Provo - for her help we are incredibly grateful!!!!). However, overall, the service is just OK. At first I just chalked it up to being a lazy island thing, but I really think they could provide better customer service in general, mostly in the restaurant. The food at the restaurant is decent and seemed to be on par with the options at other places (which are very few). It is about the same price everywhere you go it seems. Everything on the island is fairly expensive, so overall I think the Osprey is a good value. It has a nice beach area. Free wi-fi connection is available and works well in most places on the property. It is close to a couple dive shops and some other restaurants. It is also only about a 10 minute walk to "downtown" which is really only open when the cruise ships are in town.

Room Tip: Room 35 has a great ocean view and good internet connection from the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenGirlH
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice, large rooms, very clean and airy. Good size balcony. Basic pool, but food was very good. Very nice beach with lovely sunsets every night. An interesting town with original colonial architecture and a number of great restaurants. The scuba diving is quite good with nice reefs and decent fish life. We biked around the island a couple days as well, with was fun. A great hotel for relaxing on the beach, drinking a local beer or margarita and having the water lap at your feet.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are best. Some have mini kitchens.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
0 mi away
The Sands Hotel
The Sands Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cockburn Town

Been to Osprey Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!