“Wonderful mixture of quiet and entertaining”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Turk
White Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grand Turk
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed for 3 weeks in April. This resort is kind of like a nice cottage. It is made up of apts with a large bedroom, full kitchen, living room and bathroom. If the resort is not full then the restaurant is only open for dinner Thur, Friday and Sat night. If a ship is in then it is open for lunch. When no ship is in then get up in the am, go for a wonderful walk on the beach, make yourself an easy breakfast and then sit in the quiet either on the beach or by the pool. Wonderfully relaxing and quiet. If a ship is either stay on your beach, talk to the visitors, go into town for some sightseeing or go visit the Cruise centre and have some fun. There are day trips you can book in town - diving and snorkeling is huge here - there is a 7000 foot "wall"

The manager of the resort was very helpful and friendly. Since I was staying so long I brought food with me - they will let you bring just about anything into the island in your luggage. Denise took me with her when she was going into town so that I could do some grocery shopping. Between my groceries and the restaurant I did not go hungry.

I was doing ancestry searching on the island and between taxis, the manager and 1 relative I have on the island I was able to travel into town every other day to meet people, talk and investigate documents. The days I didn't go to town I enjoyed my time at White Sands very much. The water and beach is incredible!! Had a nice chat each afternoon with the mgr when she took a quick break in the afternoon.

Did a day trip to Salt Cay and enjoyed that very much. Attended some church services - a great way to meet people on the island! The people (belongers) who live on this island as well as the new people who have made this island their home are one of the friendliest group of people I have met. Couldn't reach a taxi for a ride home from the grocery store one day and one of the customers made sure I got back to the hotel.

This is not a resort that can be compared to the all inclusives you might be use to - but then the island is not like the other islands you might be use to. The island is small 7 mi x 2 mi & is very laid back. Bought some alcohol and mix, brought an insulated glass with me to make my own drinks, you clean up after yourself daily - a cleaning lady comes in twice a week, you are responsible for your own entertainment. But you don't gain that 10 lbs that you have to lose when you get home and you feel so relaxed, so calm, so rested -I would go back there in a second. Since I would be using a taxi Denise got one to make a good deal for me while I was there. Missed the min. I got on the plane to go home. With the exception of the Bahia in Punta Cana, I do not return to resorts, but I will definitely return to White Sand Beach, hopefully with my family.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me! If you decide to try something a little different and give White Sands a try then give the potcake dog (we named her Daisy) a pat for me, walked everyday on the beach with me, "protected" me by the pool - no one was coming near me haha!, then would sleep outside my door. Almost brought her home.

Room Tip: Take a room on the 2nd floor if possible, but remember there is no elevator and the suitcases have t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank jlawrie

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I understand a resort as someplace that at the least serves more than just one meal a day. We arrived when there were no ships in port and we enjoyed a nice dinner at the beach side "resort" restaurant. We were told that that they did not serve breakfast or lunch and that we would either have to take a taxi into town or they could rent us a car--but there rental car was broken. A taxi is $7 per person for the 2 mile ride into town and as we are a family of 4 that would be over $100 for just the round trip rides to town for breakfast and lunch. Also, there is a casino at the "resort" which, I was told, can get very raucous. Luckily, this was not operating while we were there. We were also lucky that Margaritaville was closed while were were there as this would have turned a secluded beach getaway into spring break at Daytona Beach Lastly, our apartment was dirty.
If you want a secluded beach resort I would stay at Bohio, they also have an excellent restaurant that feeds you three meals a day. Another good option is the Osprey in town. Although not secluded, they also have a good restaurant and it is within walking distance to other sights and restaurants. We were also impressed with the Grand Turk Inn, but they didn't take children.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank frisquito
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My family and I stayed at White Sands for three nights over the Easter holiday. The room was spacious, had a good view of the beach and pool area. During our stay there were no cruise ships in port, which made for a quiet stay except for the noisy refridgerator that did not stop humming throughout our stay.
With exception of the noisy fridge, I would reccommend this resort to anyone seeking a quiet retreat.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the beach, provide a good view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug F
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This was my second journey to TCI. I flew into Provo and took a commuter flight to South Caicos. Stayed at South Caicos Beach Resort for 5 days but the weather was rainy and the little island flooded out in the low lying areas. The town on the western side is small and rustic with a great deal of poverty – a look at the real Caribbean. On the eastern side of the island expensive condo development has taken root. The central areas are salt flats with flamingos.

I jumped a flight back to Provo and stayed on Grace Bay for a few days. This is great for shopping and dining on the big white sand beach but it’s loaded with tourists and buildings. I dined at the well known Anacaona, one of the restaurants at the Grace Bay Club and with the most beautiful and romantic setting.

I flew to Grand Turk and for the second time stayed at White Sands Beach Resort. My first time there it stood alone at the south end of the island. It now has the cruise terminal next to it with shops and Margaritaville. When the big ships arrive, the terminal opens and the beach and island take on an entire population of people. When the ship sails the terminal closes and the island is remote and quiet again, especially at the White Sands end. Even though the terminal is pretty and has great little shops, I preferred it before when there were wild horses running around and it was so dark at night I could see the Milky Way. And the ocean view was unobstructed before the terminal. When a ship is docked it takes up most of the view. I do like the renovations that White Sands has done however and the restaurant is much nicer, with a big wooden deck overlooking their white sand beach. Sunsets are into the ocean directly in front of the resort. The resort has its own pool on the beach but when the terminal was open I tried the enormous pool there just for fun. There was lots of music with games and activities going on, and Margaritaville pouring out the drinks. The White Sands units are modern and large with separate bedrooms and fully equipped kitchens. I again had a top floor suite where the view is much better. There is nothing else like this on the island.

I took a whale watch trip on a small boat. The ocean had big swells but we did manage to catch up with some humpback whales, one a mother with her calf. Another adventure was to Gibbs Key to swim with and feed wild stingrays. It’s an uninhabited island off the coast of Grand Turk with a beautiful beach and gorgeous waters for snorkeling. As the boat came into the beach it was surrounded by the rays who would brush up against us as we stepped into the water. There are a variety of tours available in Cockburn Town.

Flying around TCI is a blast and the view from above is spectacular. For the cost of a good meal you can hop a plane and try another island.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Sirena100
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I came to Grand Turk for the celebrated scuba diving expecting a quiet holiday on a white sand beach. We were to be picked up at the airport upon our arrival. After wating for half and hour for our shuttle we took a taxie to the resort, We arrived just as two cruise ships docked at the pier right in front of our beach view room. About 6000 people came off these ships making the beach in front of the resort a mass of people...many drunk and very loud. Music was blaring out of all the bars making a grand party for all. This contined all afternoon until around 7 P.M.when the ships left the island. Funny thing happens then..most of the restaurants close when the ships leave making for an expensive taxie ride to town to eat. There is no place to get breakfast at all ,, again hire a taxie to go to town or buy supplies and cook your own. Town is a good hours walk away . Sundays when a cruise ship is not in there is no place to eat other than going to town. Tonight there are no ships in but there is a party right outside our door playing music so loud that I have a hard time listening to the TV. The diving is great the lodging is not. Don't come here; stay someplace in town and have a peaceful vacation. Charley H.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Charleyh45162
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Me and my husband loved this place. We went with 19 other people who also liked the place. Condos were nice and roomy - lots of space. A family of four won't be crowded in the condo. The pool was nice. Not too big but since there is only 14 rooms available for renting, so, not too many people live on the resort. The owners were very nice and helpfull with everything and anything we needed. The only thing I kind of disliked was not having my room cleaned everyday (or every other day as it was indicated to me). My room was only cleaned once during the whole week. But other than this, wow - amazing place. We would return next year without hesitation. For those who want a place to visit or be in constant party - not a place to book. You can go out at night in town with owners (which we did and had a blast) but there is no live entertainment on the resort, no night clubs. You have to make your own fun. You can however book day trips such as whale watching, scuba diving, jeep safari, etc. Not to many excursions apart from these that I know of. If you are the kind to stay at the pool or at the beach, relax, sip a few drinks and head to bed not too late, I garantee, you will love this place. If you are looking for more entertainment, book with friends and you will love this place too.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Some are closer to the beach by a few feet but they all have ocean view (esp...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Condos were clean and well equipped. Great ocean view, beach was nice and quiet on most days. Place comes to life when cruise ships dock, other then that, its a relaxation island as there's not much to do aside from the beach. Nothing exciting in Town, you can skip the trip to town and you will not have missed much. Note: food and liquor are very expensive. Bring as much as you can in your suit case. Overall, the resort was nice, weather beautiful, owners were friendly and helpful. May be worth returning in 5-10 years once the resort will have grown.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 3 in South Caicos
Salt Raker Inn
Salt Raker Inn
#4 of 4 in Cockburn Town

Been to White Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!