“Quiet, relaxing and wonderful!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of the Televison & Bathroom entry from the bedroom
Cool clean bathroom viwed from the shower cubicle
Mirror & Basin
Guest House Exterior
Outside View
Private Patio Area
Entry gate to patio and front door
Picturesque bench for enjoying a hot coffee or good book
Stylish his and her bikes included
Bikes include large shopping baskets and safety helmets
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
m_russell...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quiet, relaxing and wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I traveled solo and Screaming Reels was the perfect choice for my stay. I was looking for a quiet get away and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I had travel delays from Atlanta that caused me to arrive a day later than booked and Captain Damian was very understanding and rearranged important matters to pick me up at the airport, which was way above and beyond what I expected! The guest house is clean and comfortable with easy access to everything. Bicycles are provided but I opted to walk about the island to explore. Stunning beaches and outstanding dining options are a comfortable stroll away, but if you prefer, the kitchen is stocked with everything needed to prepare meals. Keep in mind, this is not a fancy, touristy, hotel. It is situated in a neighborhood with a small market located conveniently across the street. The local folks are warm and friendly. Captain Damian is a fantastic, accommodating host. It is perfect for a quiet get away for a couple or small family. I am looking forward to returning to Screaming Reels and maybe a fishing tour with Captain Damian.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
gpark0317
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Great Stay! Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My brother and I traveled to Grand Turk to scuba dive, and we found Screaming Reels Guest House on TripAdvisor. It had awesome ratings and was very affordable, so we booked it. It was everything we read about. It truly is an awesome place to stay if you are visiting this beautiful Island. The Guest House is clean, a good size, in a good location, and comes with access to two bikes- that was the best part for us! We rode around the Island and explored all GT had to offer. We would highly recommend this place. Damien and his wife are so friendly, welcoming, and kind! We had a great time, and if/when we return to GT, we would stay in this Guest House again over any hotel on the Island.

SLK327
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great romantic island experience and wonderful relaxing trip”
Reviewed 29 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I surprised my wife with this trip as a pre-Christmas adventure for the two of us to just get away, reconnect, and enjoy the island time and hospitality. I found the Screaming Reels guest house on trip advisor and booked with Capt Damian soon after reading the reviews. When arriving to GT in person, my wife and I were picked up by Damian at the airport and taken 5 min away to our guest house. Arriving on Sunday meant the local markets and most restaurants were closed so Damian had stocked our fridge with a few provisions like bagels, butter, lunch meat, cheese, bottled WATER, and most importantly...a Merlot! It was a great surprise and very appreciated.
First impressions of the house was very clean and perfect for my wife and I; nice sitting area, cozy kitchen with enough pots/pans to cook with, full size fridge and small table. We carried a lot of snack foods and frozen meat in our check bags since the island groceries are expensive and sometimes hard to find. We soon stocked the cabinets with items we brought and headed out to check the beach. We left TN at 0700, connected in NC and landed in Provo by 1500 local time. Customs was no prob (took about 30min-1hr) and we hopped an Intercarribean Air 30 min flight to Grand Turk. Needless to say we wanted to get our feet wet and stretch out! The beach was SOFT and beautiful! The water was the most clear we had ever seen and a gorgeous aqua green/blue that we had only seen in magazines! Our pics look photo shopped but are just genuinely stunning! This was a trip my wife had always wanted to go on so seeing her standing on the beach every night watching the sun set and gazing out across the sea was a treat for me and an amazing experience and so relaxing!
The Screaming Reels guesthouse is a 5 min bike ride on the his and hers bikes Damian provides or less than a 10 min walk to the street running parallel to the beach. The sandy street connects with most of the dive shops and a few hotels and the Sandbar restaurant where we indulged in fried cracked conch, Turk's Head lager and Coronas! So good and even the island style burger was a tasty treat!
the 2nd day I had surprised my wife with a half day fishing trip with Damian and his deck hand Hector. Both great fishermen and made our trip that day amazing! We caught 3 barracuda, a Spanish mackerel, a wahoo, and lastly an ahi tuna on our private charter! Damian supplied a few sodas and waters on the trip and gave us a tour of the coast of GT in between our 'fish on' moments! Hector has amazing fish eyes even without glasses and keeps the deck clean and lines untangled. Once back to shore, Hector filleted our catch and bagged it up for us so all we had to do was trim the fillets and freeze in ziplocks which we did once back in the room. I cooked for us most every night and the tuna and wahoo fillets were spectacular!!
There is not a lot to do on GT as compared to other locations however a few days exploring and seeing the cruise cntr and lighthouse and strolling through the old city are nice. The fishing is a must! The snorkeling was not as vibrant as other locations but the water in Dec was nice and refreshing and very comfortable super clear!
Damian and his wife are great hosts and quick to respond to any questions throughout the reservation process and stay. I highly recommend his guest house which is also located across the street from the grocery. The island locals are super friendly and we had no issues day or night other than friendly helpful friends from the time we set foot in the islands until our departure after 10 days. We loved it and my wife cant stop smiling!

Management Response
25 Feb 2016
We all appreciated your stay, and are happy that the island and accommodation was to your liking. A very thorough review indeed that will certainly help others in the decision making. looking forward to hooking up some more fish with you upon your return.

Captain Damian.
Christien...
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic! Perfect! Loved it!”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay with Screaming Reels. We booked 3 half-days of fishing on our 12 day stay at the Screaming Reels Guest House. We booked our vacation based on the advise of fellow travellers on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed!!
We arrived late afternoon on Sunday Feb.8,2015. Damian was at the airport to greet us and drive us back to the cottage. Since it was late on Sunday and the grocery stores were closed, Damian had thoughtfully bought us a few groceries to tide us over until the store opened in the morning! (and he wouldn't accept payment for them... it was a gift!...so kind!)
We found our room to be just as advertised.... super clean and comfortable with everything you need for a cozy holiday in paradise.
Our three days of fishing were unbelievable! We both caught several fish each day, including; barracuda,tuna, bonito, mahi mahi and even shark! Damian's deck hand, Eldo, constantly worked the lines, checking bait and hooks to ensure we caught as many fish as possible. Eldo also had a keen eye and pointed out many humpback whales that were breaching and blowing around us. We were even joined one day by a pod of dolphins that came right up to the boat and swam and jumped about as if to show off! And at the end of each fishing trip, Eldo filleted our catch for us so we could enjoy fresh fish (even shark) for supper. These men are true professionals that will go out of their way to ensure you have a fishing experience of a lifetime!!!!
When we weren't fishing we spent our days bicycling around the island and swimming/snorkeling on the beautiful beaches (which we mostly had all to ourselves!)
We felt completely safe exploring the island night or day.
Before we left for home, we were already planning our return!

As a bonus, Damian's wife is a chef preparing the best food with the best value on the island!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Close to beach and everyone very friendly.
Liked least: loved it all!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Dee M
“I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I arrived at the rental on April 3 and I was surprised by the surroundings because it was in the city. As soon as I entered the rental, I was very happy. It is cozy, secure, and the owners are nearby. A store is located across the street, but it's pricey. There is a great eating place within walking distance.

What was so great about this location was that the beach is 2 minutes away walking distance. For the 2.5 days I was there, it felt like my own private beach and it is beautiful. I used the bicycle and I was able to travel all over the area and I loved the freedom!!! I would definitely recommend a solo or couple to stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach and the bicycles
Liked least: The surrounding area is not very appealing.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
RonK1202
Chandler, Arizona
“This Vacation Rental Exceeded All of Our Expectations!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife and I decided to make a last minute spontaneous trip during the busy Christmas travel season. What intrigued us about this Guest House was that it is located near the middle of the island very close to Cockburn Town in a local neighborhood and it is spacious. We liked the feel of not being in a tourist area. Across from the Guest House is a convenient local market and in a very short proximity is another market, places to eat, shop, etc. Our goal was to find a beautiful place that was quiet and would allow us to forget all about home. Because of Damian and his wife Xiomara, mission accomplished. They treated us more like family than guests. When we made our reservation, Damian quickly and easily answered all of my questions and provided some great information and tips that made our trip even better. We literally arrived on Christmas day. As promised, Damian and Xiomara were waiting for us at the airport. They are extremely gracious and warm people! We were impressed that they left their family celebration to pick us up. After we arrived at our new "home" they took their time to make sure we were comfortable before leaving to return to their celebration. They surprised us by having food, water and wine in our refrigerator because most (maybe all!) places were closed. The cottage is immaculate and perfect. We appreciated having a really comfortable bed and the use of a kitchen. We enjoyed the free wi-fi and cable tv. We also enjoyed the two bicycles Damian provided us. The island is only about 7 miles long and 3 miles wide. We loved bicycling or walking everywhere. Damian was readily available for whatever we needed. When it was time to return, Damian was on time to drive us to the airport. He is a true gentlemen and a caring person. When we said goodbye to him, we did not say goodbye to our landlord, but to our new friend. Without hesitation, we recommend this Guest House. It is a "hidden gem"!!

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
VA, USA
Reviewed 27 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing