“Wonderful Family Trip”
Review of Manta House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cockburn Town
Manta House
park city, utah
“Wonderful Family Trip”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Both of my kids, 18 and 14, had a wonderful time at Manta House. It was very comfortable, convenient, easy to get information from Tonya and Katya about the island, and a great location. The dive shop, Oasis, was less than a block away, and they were superb! The Sandpiper restaurant across the street was delicious.

Wifi on the island in general is not consistent, but we agreed this is a GOOD thing when on vacation!

Room Tip: They added a cot so my kids didn't have to share the same bed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fishfinaddict71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently took a much needed "get away from it all" Dive vacation, on my own, to Beautiful Grand Turk Island, and was blown away by my experience. I stayed at The Manta House North, (There is one main "House" and several smaller fully appointed, cottages steps from the ocean. Owners, Tonya and Katya also own and operate the Sand Bar Restaurant across the walk on the ocean.
If you want to get away from it all, get your "zen on", and stay in a gorgeous property with the friendliest of people, this is for you!
Tonya and Katya went above and beyond, from picking me up at the airport, showing me where to do my shopping, (walking distance), and made me feel like one of the family. With a full kitchen, Beautiful Decor, and amazing view...I could not have asked for more, and I cannot wait to return! Tonya and Katya check in on you everyday without intruding, they always have a smile, and make sure you need for not! The Sand Bar has great food, friendly people, and is literally steps from your front door. There are other restaurants on the island also most within walking distance. I was there to DIVE and RELAX..and it was BEYOND perfect. If you are truly looking to get away from busy, touristy destinations, were you are just another guest..this is NOT FOR YOU! If you want to relax, dive, read, listen to music and have a few cocktails as the sun goes down, while instantly feeling welcomed as a part of this small local community of amazingly friendly people..then look no further. I was a mush ball of relaxed by the end of my too short week there. If you are traveling alone, it is safe, clean, and absolutely perfect. Thank you Tonya and Katya for a MOST PERFECT getaway! (P.S., the Dive Shops are steps away, and they even have 'Beach pick up' right out front, (weather permitting.), if you dive with Blue Water Divers - ( Just Terrific!)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank divetraveler22
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Definitely worth a visit. Tonya and Katya not only let us switch bungalows because the bigger one was available, but they also they took us to the supermarket, where we stocked up on essentials.
Manta house is a few yards from the sea and conveniently situated between three very reasonably priced restaurants and a stone's throw from several diving schools. The front and back gardens are great places to chill and the only thing that bothered us the whole time we were there were the mosquitoes. Make sure you take plenty of spray.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paul H
Providenciales
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I first stayed in Manta House when it was a B&B. Excellent and personalized service, beautiful and cozy rooms, in front of a beautiful beach and the best bar in town. Sisters Tonya and Katya were the best. That was by the end on 2007 and, believe me, every year is getting better.
The former B&B is now formed by 3 amazingly furnished bungalow (North, South and Central) with everything you might need on the island.
Host keep on being the best, always smiling and making guests´stay an experience that you want to repeat every year.
You feell like with your own famiy but with the privacy you need to enjoy all the islands has to offer.

Room Tip: It dependes of how many are in the party. South for a couple, North for 2 couples, Central for 6 pe...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Estela_Edelle
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was exactly what we needed, a true Caribbean vacation to disconnect and enjoy island life and pristine beaches away from the resort crowd. We came for only 4 days and Mantahouse was just perfect. The extra flight to Grand Turk was not a big deal and schedules are frequent, the atmosphere on the island is very relaxed. Tonya and Katya really got it right, our room was very spacious, the Sandbar is a pleasant, casual meeting point for locals and travelers, beach access is right here as are the dive shops.

Room Tip: we liked Jungle Bungalow
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stefanowitsch212
talkdiva
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I found his little gem on the internet and so glad I did. My husband and I wanted to get back in the water after a 4 year dive break. We were looking for a quiet place to chill out and relax, enjoy some easy diving and were definitely not in the mood for a big resort atmosphere. From the moment Katya showed up at our door with a jug of water, a package of coffee and the offer to take us to the supermarket, both her and her sister Tonya made us feel like family. We throughly enjoyed our spacious and beautifully appointed Jungle bungalow and I was able to tour the two other cottages during my stay. Both lovely. The Sandbar restaurant bar owned by the sisters located just steps away across the street offered fun, good food and great rum punch. Trivia night there was a hoot! Oasis divers, located a few doors down was a very professional dive operation with super friendly and knowledgable dive guides, Craig and Mackie. What a fabulous stay. Everyone we met on the Island was helpful and friendly. Can't recommend this place highly enough. These beautiful, gracious and engaging sisters have created a very special vacation spot. We're already planning our escape to return...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank talkdiva
Woodstock, Ontario
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was truly a wonderful place to vacation. So relaxing and peaceful. This vacation was a graduation gift for my daughter and we choose Grand Turk for its beauty and the wonderful reviews we read on Trip Advisor about Manta House. We stayed in the "North Bungalow" it was so comfortable and offered us everything we were looking for. The fully furnish kitchen was such an asset for us, we cooked a least one meal a day sometimes two. The North bungalow was air conditioned which we used during the day but at night we opened all the windows and had a wonderful breeze blow right through the cottage. We had 1 full bathroom and a 1/2 bath, was perfect for my daughter and I. The 2 bedrooms provided us each with our own space and privacy. Being able to walk out your front door and see the ocean was absolutely an amazing experience. We watched the sunset right from our own patio every night. The owners Katya and Tonya were very helpful and accommodating. I had requested a couple of items for the cottage and they provided them with no problems or extra cost. We met and enjoyed the company of several of the locals who worked and lived on the Island. I would recommend Manta House to anyone who is looking for a quiet, relaxing, restful vacation. I will definitely be returning myself.

Room Tip: For a family, 2 couples, or a couple of friends travelling together, the North Bungalow is definitel...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Cockburn Town
Bohio Dive Resort
Bohio Dive Resort
#1 of 2 in Cockburn Town

Been to Manta House? Share your experiences!