We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cockburn Town
Manta House
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our group consisted of 3 couples and we stayed in the 3 bedroom, 2 bath bungalow. The little house was perfect for our needs- the kitchen adequate for cooking meals, the front patio was perfect for eating and relaxing. The beds were clean and comfortable and we would stay there again in a heartbeat! Tanya and Katya were helpful but never interfering. The location was perfect, a short bike ride away from town, right across the little street from the beautiful beach but far enough away from the cruise ship port. Every morning we would be eating breakfast on the patio and watching the parade of island tours go past. I felt very smug as we got to stay and they had to get back on the ship in a few hours!
I would recommend Manta house to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marilyn N

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We keep coming back. There is a reason.

I think the biggest reason is location. We love being in town and experiencing life in the centre, as noisy and interesting as it can get sometimes. It is a walk or a short bike ride to most places on the island from here and certainly most of the grocery stores, restaurants, activities, spas and bars are all within striking distance by foot.

We also really like the fact that we can cook, BBQ, rest in the front garden and have really great beach and water access, all available in our little villa. We stay in the North Bungalow which has two bedrooms, a full kitchen, eating area, 1.5 baths, and a great front garden and eating area. On Friday nights you get the best of both worlds as the Salt Raker Inn is right next door and the party can get happening. Great access to the markets downtown and although the street can get busy during a cruise ship visit, we still find the island life to be quiet and homey, something which we cherish.

Tonya and Katya go out of their way to make sure you are GTG, from your welcome rum punch all the way through to ensuring everything is working right and ship shape. Katya has always gone out of her way to help us out with lifts to the grocery store, great advice on local activities and has been very helpful with organising "Patsy" to get us at the airport.

If you want a taste of the Island and who/what/how, this is the place for you. Be prepared for odd quirks like the availability of certain food types (which come infrequently), eating dinner with an island dog (very friendly) or biking with the horses and donkeys on the streets. We love this place.

Room Tip: We like the North Bungalow but the South one is most likely quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristof L
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We (my husband and I) just recently returned from our stay at Manta House. We loved it there and are planning on going back next year for a couple of weeks.
We stayed in the Jungle Cottage and it was perfect for us. The kitchen had just been renovated and plans are underway to reno the bathroom.
The 2 sisters that own Manta House as well as the Sand Bar restaurant ( great food and rum punches!) are wonderful! They really helped to make our stay perfect!
Grand Turk is a wonderful island with warm, friendly locals and expats. Great beaches, beautiful buildings and historic downtown- Make sure you visit the museum.
The highlight was a trip with Oasis Divers to visit Gibbs Cay and the stingrays! We chartered the boat ourselves as we couldn't come up with the minimum people, but it was sooooo worth it!
Can't wait to return to Manta House and Grand Turk!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 547maca81
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had 4 families take over the entire Manta house for Thanks Giving 2013. The accommodations were fantastic 20 steps to the bar/restaruant and 200 feet from the dive shop. Tonya and Katya made us feel completely at home we felt like family by the end of our stay. Manta house has the perfect location on the island. You can walk to the best restaurants, dive shops and liquor store from there. You are far enough from the cruise center that it has little impact. Food and drink is reasonable and diving is excellent. I would recommend Oasis dive shop. They are the closest to Manta and were extremely flexible with us. I would also recommend Robert Hall for your taxi driver. He gives great tours of the island and is the speaker of the house for the government of Turks and Caicos so he has a lot of knowledge about what is going on there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. They have a one bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom cottage. One of the bedr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bw99516
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After missing our cruise ship out of Fort Lauderdale, we had an adventure to pick it up in Grand Turk. We had heard about Manta House from a fellow traveler in the airport and thought we'd give it a try for the night. Not only did Katya set us up with a room for the evening, but also had Patsy pick us up from the airport and take us directly to our room. When we arrived in the middle of the dark, pouring rain, both sister's where there to welcome us and show us to our room. After a stressful few days of travel, it was nice to FINALLY relax. The next morning when we got up, I noticed the sound of the ocean. When we opened the front door, we were surprised to see the ocean directly in front of us! Because of the storm and arriving at night, we hadn't even realized how close we were to the beautiful waters of Turks and Caicos! We had breakfast down the road at Ospry while we watched the waves roll in and had a rum punch from the Sandbar before Patsy again picked us up to finally meet up with our ship. We were extremely grateful that they were so accommodating in our time of need. Thank you, ladies!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smfey2
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Both of my kids, 18 and 14, had a wonderful time at Manta House. It was very comfortable, convenient, easy to get information from Tonya and Katya about the island, and a great location. The dive shop, Oasis, was less than a block away, and they were superb! The Sandpiper restaurant across the street was delicious.

Wifi on the island in general is not consistent, but we agreed this is a GOOD thing when on vacation!

Room Tip: They added a cot so my kids didn't have to share the same bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fishfinaddict71
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently took a much needed "get away from it all" Dive vacation, on my own, to Beautiful Grand Turk Island, and was blown away by my experience. I stayed at The Manta House North, (There is one main "House" and several smaller fully appointed, cottages steps from the ocean. Owners, Tonya and Katya also own and operate the Sand Bar Restaurant across the walk on the ocean.
If you want to get away from it all, get your "zen on", and stay in a gorgeous property with the friendliest of people, this is for you!
Tonya and Katya went above and beyond, from picking me up at the airport, showing me where to do my shopping, (walking distance), and made me feel like one of the family. With a full kitchen, Beautiful Decor, and amazing view...I could not have asked for more, and I cannot wait to return! Tonya and Katya check in on you everyday without intruding, they always have a smile, and make sure you need for not! The Sand Bar has great food, friendly people, and is literally steps from your front door. There are other restaurants on the island also most within walking distance. I was there to DIVE and RELAX..and it was BEYOND perfect. If you are truly looking to get away from busy, touristy destinations, were you are just another guest..this is NOT FOR YOU! If you want to relax, dive, read, listen to music and have a few cocktails as the sun goes down, while instantly feeling welcomed as a part of this small local community of amazingly friendly people..then look no further. I was a mush ball of relaxed by the end of my too short week there. If you are traveling alone, it is safe, clean, and absolutely perfect. Thank you Tonya and Katya for a MOST PERFECT getaway! (P.S., the Dive Shops are steps away, and they even have 'Beach pick up' right out front, (weather permitting.), if you dive with Blue Water Divers - ( Just Terrific!)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
0 mi away
The Sands Hotel
The Sands Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cockburn Town

Been to Manta House? Share your experiences!