My wife and I are three-time visitors to Leeward, the first of which was our honeymoon. We were completely in love with the resort--quiet, secluded, private, and perfect for people that enjoy their privacy and don't like the hustle and bustle of a big, famous resort.
Apparently, years ago, Leeward was a very happening place indeed. But, after falling on hard times, many of the rooms became private condos and a subset of them were rented out. There was no restaurant, no private pool-side bar, no spa. But there was a gym, there were lounge chairs, and there was the water. And quite frankly, it was perfect.
And even more amazing, the resort was exceptionally affordable. In our most recent stay, we booked a 2-bedroom ocean-view suite for seven nights. The total price, including taxes and fees, was $2,714. This, by the way, included a free car and cellphone (for island use).
Given all this, I was amazed at how private it was. I can't say how perfect Leeward was--and Donn was (and is) wonderful. He was always there to help and make your stay as enjoyable as he could. Donn is definitely an asset to Leeward, and we looked forward to seeing him every time.
But now, I guess they are under new owners. The last time we were there, they were in the middle of building up the place and getting it ready. My big concern was that we were soon to lose our secluded, romantic getaway. Today I went to look up some prices for our fourth trip to give the new look a shot, and was stunned to see that, even given a 25% "discount" they post on their site, the 2-bedroom ocean-view suite is now $4,163. And naturally, no car or cell phone.
The price jump was shocking--I do understand, new owners, new rules. And I imagine the new bar, restaurant, marina, and spa are nice amenities, but I do not think they are included in the price. I must admit, the past times we've been at Leeward I kept thinking it was all too good to be true and could not last, and it turns out I was right. Perhaps Blue Haven is every bit as romantic and private as Leeward was, but they sure surprised me with the price jump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Haven Resort & Marina offers a relaxing atmosphere for guests of all ages with something in common: a love for the turquoise water in the Turks and Caicos Islands and all the amazing activities it provides. With our ideal placement at the tip of Providenciales, Blue Haven Resort & Marina is only minutes away from world-class diving, deep sea fishing, bone fishing, kite boarding, eco-kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding or just plain cruising over to the uninhabited cays located within view. Blue Haven Resort & Marina provides easy access to all your favorite fishing and watersport activities. And when you get back...Soak in our infinity edged pool, wind down with a spa treatment at Elevate Spa or enjoy a meal at Fire & Ice, SALT or MARKET cafe and deli. Guests also receive daily breakfast dining credits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Blue Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leeward Hotel Providenciales
- Nikki Beach Providenciales
- Blue Haven Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales