Just arrived at Blue Haven Resort after long trip and two delayed planes due to ice and snow storms happening in Canada...
Cannot tell you how happy I was to arrive in Turks and Caicos, and get away from the cold.
Blue Haven is just 15 minutes drive from the airport by car- rented a car from Avis, on Airport Road. It is work renting a car, it gives you the convenience of moving around at your pace . Also, the roads are not very crowded and is easy to drive . All cars are left wheel, which for Canadians makes it even easier to drive.Just imagine you are on a one way street in Canada..I reserved the car 45 days ago, I did not have to pay for anything up front. Actually you have to pay at the end of your trip..
Blue Haven is a very clean , nice hotel, has free parking, free wireless and nice rooms with ocean views. Beautiful Shawna was at the reception when I arrived, and greeted me with the most wonderful smile. The check-in was fast and efficient. Shawna took me to my room on forth floor. The room has a view of the ocean, is very big, newly renovated, and has nice toiletries and free water in the fridge.
I needed the wireless right away, called the concierge and Shawna responded right away and told me that I do not need any password . Two minutes later I realized the water wasn't running. Called the concierge again, and within 1o minutes one gentleman arrived to my room to check it out. I the meantime the "glitch" was resolved, but I was very happy to see that they were willing to do anything to help as fast as they could. In another 5 minutes another one arrived, "sorting" his tools, in case he needed to fix anything. I told him that the water was running, but he still checked it out to make sure everything was in order.
Thank you Blue Haven, I hope my stay at your resort will be a nice relaxing , amazing experience. I am looking forward to rest for the next 16 days, 2013 was an extremely hard year for me. What I need right now is sun, warm climate, relaxed time, good food, sleep- outside,under an umbrella- explore the island at my pace , enjoy the local culture and meet new people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Haven Resort & Marina offers a relaxing atmosphere for guests of all ages with something in common: a love for the turquoise water in the Turks and Caicos Islands and all the amazing activities it provides. With our ideal placement at the tip of Providenciales, Blue Haven Resort & Marina is only minutes away from world-class diving, deep sea fishing, bone fishing, kite boarding, eco-kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding or just plain cruising over to the uninhabited cays located within view. Blue Haven Resort & Marina provides easy access to all your favorite fishing and watersport activities. And when you get back...Soak in our infinity edged pool, wind down with a spa treatment at Elevate Spa or enjoy a meal at Fire & Ice, SALT or MARKET cafe and deli. Guests also receive daily breakfast dining credits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Blue Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leeward Hotel Providenciales
- Nikki Beach Providenciales
- Blue Haven Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales