“Amazing Experience!”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I traveled alone from Washington, DC but was greeted with a warm welcome when I arrived! I spent my birthday here and it was absolutely amazing. The 1 bedroom suite I stayed in was gorgeous! I was overly pleased. I'm pretty leery about where I stay when I'm out of town because comfort is number with me. I definitely will be back! With a lot of friends this time!! Thank you Blue Haven! :-)

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Teena202
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We enjoyed helping you celebrate your birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Turks and Caicos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visit Blue Haven resort and marina on a regular basis and always have an incredible time. It has turned into a regular hangout stop for myself and friends. I dock my boat at their marina and never feel a need to leave the property. Fun volleyball games happening on property on a regular basis as well as a great staff. The boathouse has all you need in terms of food and everyday items. I recommend Blue Haven to anyone, especially active lifestyle people.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kiteprovo
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We value your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Milton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I visited Blue Haven for a week and it was a great experience. Overall the hotel is very well maintained, the staff is super friendly and the food is excellent.

Several people told me that I had to stay on Grace Bay, so I was worried we would not be where the action is at the hotel. But the hotel was just perfect. We had a relaxing week and had the access to use the facilities at the two other sister hotels (The beach house and The Alexandra)

First I can't say enough nice things about the team over there....
Sky & Glenny, the pool staff, the front desk team, the manager and everyone else was honestly the most genuine and nice people I have ever met at a hotel. They really have set the bar a bit higher for my next vacation. They gave us ideas on things to do around the island (fish fry and Cinco de Mayo party).

Although it was becoming the end of the busy season, there were still enough people at the bar and restaurant that it was lively. We used the Fire lounges and had some drinks there, that is a nice feature and they lit the fire in the table and even came over with bug spray to make sure we didn't get any bug bites. With the marina nearby, there were also often interesting folks from the boats to meet at the bar and pool.

The hotel offered breakfast included in our package at the Cafe Market next to the hotel. I love that place. We had a gigantic, delicious breakfast each day and it was super convenient to have such a great market nearby to get drinks and snacks. Definitely way above my expectation based on markets in other tropical islands. From hand made pizzas to fresh salads to roasted chicken and gourmet snacks. This store was a highlight as well.

The restaurant:
Fire and Ice was delicious (more on that in my review of the restaurant). We ate there several nights and it was great. Even the Chef was nice enough to come out and see us to check in on our experience. When I had car trouble the next day and saw him at the cafe, he even came and jumped my car.

Rooms:
We had a standard room, not one of the suites, but the size was just fine for two of us. The room was clean and well appointed (aside from not having a safe), the toiletries in bathroom were great. The housekeeping did a great job. Nice soft duvet covers on the bed, very plush towels in the room.

I love this place and we will be back soon!!

2 Thank Colleen W
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your positive review. Our team truly appreciated receiving your kind feedback. We are pleased to learn you plan to stay with us again and look forward to being of service at that time.
Janesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We just returned from staying May 3 - 12. If you want to be in the middle of the action, then stay on Grace Bay Beach. However, if you want peace & quiet then book your stay here at the Blue Haven Resort.
You will never find a friendlier more helpful staff. Shawna at the front desk is amazing. She is one of the sweetest people we have ever met & always went above & beyond to make our stay great. She booked our excursions, dinner reservations, etc. The resort is lucky to have her.

The room was like brand new. We only had a 1-bedroom Jr. Suite, but wished we would have had a 1 bedroom suite. We did not have a washer/dryer in the Jr. Suite which we really needed. With being there 9 nights we were forced to have to find a laundry mat & do our wash. The resort may want to think about putting in laundry facilities on property for those that do not have in their room.
I have yet to figure out why such a large sink in the bathroom. You could bath a small adult in it. I would prefer more counter space.

The $15/pp breakfast vouchers were wonderful. The food at The Market was very good & lots to choose from for breakfast. The fresh fruit plate we enjoyed every morning to share with our other b'fast entree. Outside area to eat is relaxing overlooking the channel. On the last morning we even saw a sea turtle which was exciting.

The beach & pool area were nice, but on the downside the beach is man made & looks nothing like Grace Bay Beach. If you want to walk along a beautiful beach then this is not the place to stay. And your view to the ocean is obstructed by the mangroves so you don't get those sweeping views of the ocean.
The pool I thought was a bit smaller than a lot of resorts.

They have 2 sister resorts they will shuttle you to for free ~ Alexandra & The Beach House.

Overall, we were happy with our decision to stay here because we had a car & could easily drive to other places within a few minutes. If you do not rent a car you probably would want to stay somewhere on Grace Bay Beach. Driving on the island really was not difficult at all. My husband got comfortable right away driving on the left side of the road.

Provo overall is a very beautiful location with the most friendly happy people we've ever met in all our traveling. I wish I could have brought the water back with us. The color is amazing!

Hope this helps & if you go have a wonderful time.
Safe travels!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 310. The view was obstructed a bit by palm trees. You may want to get one on the...
3 Thank Roxane E
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind feedback. Thank you for your suggestion regarding an on-site laundry. We will consider that recommendation as we continue to expand the services that we provide. We do have a private beach, and the resort is just 1.5 miles from Grace Bay. We hope you will stay with us again.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I found the perfect relaxing get away at the Blue Haven Resort this past week. We stayed in a large, one bedroom suite, which looked brand new with all updated appliances and beautiful furnishings.Our suite was steps away from the sand and my favorite hammock. The staff catered to all of our needs and made us feel very special. Shauna, who works in the front office, was an exceptional host, who made us feel at home. She and other staff members were readily available to assist us in booking tours and learning about the local area and happenings. We enjoyed the food and fast service at both Fire & Ice and Salt restaurants. We also enjoyed the breakfast vouchers that was available for us to use in the mornings at the market store located on the property. The market store offered an array of choices, for breakfast, snack, to dinner needs. If your career is as busy and stressful as ours, I would highly recommend a stay at BHR, for much needed R & R. If we are ever in Turks & Caicos, I would return to BHR, again and again.

Room Tip: Suite room facing the ocean has a beautiful view
1 Thank Time2rest
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to read that our team helped you earn some much needed R&R during your stay at Blue Haven. We look forward to being of service if you stay with us again.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had an AMAZING time at Blue Haven Resort and Marina this weekend. My mom and I flew out for a long weekend to start planning my January 2015 wedding for about 65 people. Alex (the resort's event coordinator) had set up appointments with all the vendors we wanted to meet with, showed us around the island to hear some local bands, and made sure that everything we wanted would be possible! Lizzie, helped us set up our room block and get a contract together over a few easy emails. All of the staff was so hospitable and welcoming, even the general manager welcomed us and continued to check in with us to ensure we were happy. Sessilly, the manager of guest services, helped us to reserve activities and excursions for all of our guests (and had great recommendations)!
Blue Haven is more impressive and beautiful in person than in pictures-- it is just breathtaking. The food was incredible, rooms were modern and clean with FABOLOUS VIEWS, the market has everything you could possibly need, and most importantly EVERYONE that works at Blue Haven seems to love what they do and genuinely want to go above and beyond for their guests. This resort is an ideal location for those wanting a more private wedding since their Leeward Beach is private unlike the resorts on Grace Bay beach. There are plenty of different options for ceremony locations (I'm torn between their over water gazebo or the Fire Lounge with beautiful views of the water surrounding it). I cannot wait until January, and I have full confidence that all of our guests will fall in love with the resort like I did this past weekend!

Room Tip: The junior suites were beautiful, clean and modern with breathtaking views (had microwaves, mini fri...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so thrilled to be part of your upcoming wedding. Our team appreciated having the opportunity to meet with you during your recent visit, and truly appreciates the kind feedback you have shared. We look forward to helping you enjoy a very special wedding in January. See you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Although this resort is off the beaten path I had a wonderful stay here. The resort is beautiful, quiet and the staff was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed my bday vacation at BHR. Shout out to to the staff who were so helpful and pleasant (Shauna, Mike, Sharick, Jim) and wait staff at Fire & Ice (Maxine, Trudie, Dedroy, Jackie and chef Winkie). You guys are amazing!! Safe, clean and a wonderful place to stay. First time to TCI and I will be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tee R
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We were pleased to have the opportunity to host your birthday celebration at Blue Haven. We are delighted to read you intend to visit again in the future. Our team sends their thanks for your kind feedback regarding their service.