“Beautiful place”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Jupiter, Florida
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Blue Haven staff were excellent and the grounds were immaculate. Set on the marina, there were multiple places for relaxation and unwinding with phenomenal views of the crystal blue water. Very quiet and serene. The hotel's restaurant, Fire and Ice, was unfortunately closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, the two days we were there, but the staff arranged a free shuttle to their sister hotel for an excellent meal at the Mango Reef.

Room Tip: Ask for the marina view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thanks for your positive review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed all your stay and your visits to our sister resort. Please stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Where do I begin? I spent five days in Turks and Caicos. From the moment I arrived until I departed the property, I experienced nothing short of pure bliss. The Blue Haven Resort & Marina is breathtaking. The architecture is exquisite. The property is still fairly new and is well-kept. I opted for a Premier Ocean View room. It was on the ground floor and I was afforded a "walk out" to the water. A very comfortable rest with fresh linens and stylish decor. I was warmly greeted by staff daily and found everyone to be kind and accommodating. I wanted for nothing during my stay. I enjoyed food on and off the property. The Market, Salt Bar & Grill and Fire and Ice were all great dining experiences. There is something for all palates, light fare and heavy meals. I traveled alone but met friends who were staying at the Alexandra (a sister property). Lots of events on property and just a short distance to local venues. The shuttle drivers are the most pleasant and informative, please tip them well because they deserve it! I learned so much about the island and the culture just talking with them on short trips to and fro. The Front Desk staff is very courteous, professional and anticipate your every need. By the time I arrived they knew me by name (I had lots of questions and called often prior to my trip). There was no hesitation to answer my inquiries and to assure me that all would be well during my stay. I can't say enough wonderful things about Blue Haven. You can't go wrong. Enjoy your stay, I did.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor provides easier access to the water (ocean side).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank shaunbennwes
We could not be more pleased to know that you experienced ‘pure bliss’ while at Blue Haven. It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we very much hope to have you back with us very soon.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I just returned from a trip to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. We had accomodations, and midway through the trip needed to find an alternate location to stay. I cannot say enough good things about both the resort and the staff. When we changed locations Jim, the night manager, took us in. Not only did he set us up with a great room, but he called us each night to make sure that we were comforatable and doing well. You don't find that kind of service anywhere these days. Jerry, the day manager, is also one of the best. He is a guy that genuinely cares about the guests that stay at his hotel. He also checked up on us daily and made sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The cleaning crew impressed as Elsi took very good care of us and made our room immaculate each day. My 2-year old daughter continuously referred to her as "the really nice lady". Darren, another staffer at Blue Haven took my sister in every single unoccupied room until he found a blender so that we could make up some daquiris. It would have been all too easy for him to say no. That is a fine example of the lengths that the staff went to at the Blue Haven to ensure us a great stay.

Blue Haven is a gorgeous, newly remodeled hotel. Our 3 bedroom suite was to die for. It came stocked with a gourmet modern kitchen, living room, dining room, washer/dryer room, 4 bathrooms, and a large screened in patio. It overlooked the beach and the marina. What more could you ask for.

The beach was serene and peaceful. They had beach chairs, hammocks in the palms, an infinity pool with a swim-up bar, and gorgeous outside setting that literally went right out over the marina.

Fire and Ice is the restaurant at Blue Haven. A dish that knocked my socks off was the plantain potato and pumpkin croquete. Wow! The tropical gazpacho and Haven lollipops were fantastic as well.

Salt is a fabulous bar-- especially for happy hour. They have some of the best happy hour prices on the island. Happy hour is every day from 5-8. Their bar menu is fabulous and they had us coming back for more. We loved the cracked conch, plantains, and just about everything on the menu. Anthony and another amazing lady took great care of us with their twist of some killer Rum Punches! Salt is not only an awesome bar, but great place to sit back, relax and enjoy a peacful evening. They have a pool table right outside that bar that you can enjoy as the sun sets. They also have badmitton, volleyball and many other sports. Garcia, the security guard, recommended the absolute best place for our family to watch the sunset-- only minutes away from the resort. It was probably the most amazing sunset we've ever seen.

Blue Haven recently added a market directly across the street-- how convenient! We were able to walk across at any time to pick up food, gourmet coffee, and beer. My dad actually met the Premier of Turks and Caicos, who was extremely welcoming, at the market right before we left for the airport!

Blue Haven is about 1 minute away from the Conch Farm and 2 minutes from the Provo Golf Club. My husband golfed it our last day and sung its praises as a fabulous course to golf.

Blue Haven also has two sister resorts. We took the free shuttle over to the Alexandra and hung out there on the beach for a day. It's a bit more crowded then Blue Haven but the beaches didn't disappoint. We also really enjoyed the restaurant there, Mango Reef.

My family and I can't honetly say enough about how safe, welcomed and important that we felt at this resort. It's a five star (no-brainer) in our book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alicat1430
We are truly delighted that we could not only ‘take you in’, but provide such a great experience for you and your family. Your tips and recommendations will no doubt come in useful for future visitors. We will certainly pass along your kind words to the staff. We all do hope to be able to welcome you back to Blue Haven very soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I decided to take a trip for the first time to the Turks & Caicos for our 5 year wedding anniversay and booked at Blue Haven Resort.
We had an AMAZING time!!! Our 1 bedroom suite was fabulous and newly renovated with terrific views. The staff was helpful, friendly and a joy to be around from the front desk, to Sky at the pool bar and Sherman our shuttle driver!
We loved the infinity pool, the bean bag floats to chill on in the pool or ocean and the secluded feeling. The breakfast coupons were great to have and the food was delicious with a nice view to eat outside at the market on property.
The resort offers a free shuttle to their sister properties (The Beach House and Alexandra,) which both are on Grace Bay and the water is gorgeous at both! I liked both sister properties, but we definitely liked Blue Haven better for its chill, secluded vibe that we wanted. However, the sister properties offer complimentary paddle boarding and kayaks which were fun to partake in.
We had a couples massage onsite at Elevate Spa that was divine and just what we needed to relax!
Overall, Blue Haven is excellent but I will say the food at the onsite restaurant, Fire & Ice was "okay" and overpriced for the quality and service but they definitely have room for improvement since I noticed other patrons feel the same. The Salt Bar & Grill is typical "bar food," and good for pool food.
Side note, food in general is expensive in Turks & Caicos, as we didn't have a meal for less than $75.00, excpet for our free breakfast daily so plan accordingly.
Also, the Providenciales Airport is under construction with no A/C so that whole sitaution is a hot mess but hopefully will be completed next time we come back, because we definitely want to come back.
Definitely loved Blue Haven and plan to be back in a year!

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom Suite is great with full kitchen, living room, washer/dryer separate bedroom with walk in...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are honored that you choose Blue Haven for your wedding anniversary. It sounds like you were able to experience so much while you were here! We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed you time here and that you will stay with us again. We do hope that is very soon.
Laguna Hills, California, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled with my brother in law and his wife and rented a 2 bed/2 bath suite on the second floor. The room was gorgeous, two equally sized rooms with comfortable mattress and linens. Bathrooms were equally great and clean. The kitchen has a sub zero fridge, granite counter tops, oven, stove top and microwave. The rooms also contain a washer and dryer which is handy. The only downside of staying on the second floor is the view being obstructed by palms, but you also have the benefit of screened patios so no mosquitos!

The grounds itself are immaculate and if you are debating wether or not to stay here because it is not on Grace Bay, you have wonderful free shuttles with friendly drivers (Sherman and Darryl are awesome) to take you to the two sister properties on Grace Bay. I would say this resort is geared more towards couples or those traveling without kids. Not to say they are not accommodating of children, it just seemed most guests preferred to stay here because of the lack of screaming little angels :).

The hotel staff is top notch and the best customer service you can find. The bartender Ralf is great to talk to and his conversation almost makes you forget about the $14 you just spent on a rum punch. One piece of advice if traveling from the states: buy your alcohol at the duty free shop! A 24 case of beer at the market will set you back 70 bucks, but it's slightly cheaper at the grocery store in town. Rum is cheaper (10-20). Ask the staff their picks for local eats. We ate at Fire and Ice one night and the appetizers were sub par but the filet was just as delicious as any Ruth's Chris filet.

So bottom line, if you want a great place to stay at a decent price with limited amount of children and great conversation amongst staff and guests, this is your place!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kelly G
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We appreciate receiving your kind feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will choose Blue Haven Resort for a future vacation.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Oh my word...The rooms at Blue Haven are amazing! It's like having your own apartment. The tubs are huge hot tubs and the bathrooms are massive. Great A/C, beautiful kitchen with induction stove top, washer and dryer, comfy robes and slippers... I felt like I was in heaven. We stay at Blue Haven Marina - which is also amazing thanks to all the staff - so it was nice to have a little break from sleeping on board. Unfortunately we only stayed one night at the hotel but it was such a great and cozy experience. I love the beach and the swim up pool bar! Also, eating at Fire & Ice was one of my favorite dinners I had on the island. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room. It was nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randi B
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you had an opportunity to experience both our world class marina and also our resort. Please stay with us again.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a gorgeous resort if you are looking for something very low key and private. It is incredibly quiet with few rooms occupied. Staff is nice and helpful but basically leave it up to you to figure out what you want to do and will assist with plannin excursions. They will help you but there are no group activities to participate in on the property. There was a movie premier on the beach while we were there, but you had to pay extra to participate ($55 per person for movie and popcorn which was way too steep). There is really no structure at all which is nice at first but can get boring fast if you get tired of lying around on the beach. The good thing is that you never had to worry about finding a spot on the beach-very often we were the ones there and had all the hammocks (3) to ourselves! The water is pristine blue with a beautiful powder white beach. Even though it’s manmade it is still quite fabulous.

We didn’t read all the fine print in the materials they provided upon check-in, so missed out on the free happy hour the night of our arrival. Breakfast credit of up to $15 per person per day to be spent at The Café is included. We went there every morning to take advantage of it. The market is quite well stocked– very much like Whole Foods in the US. Organic, gluten free, etc. Prices are similar and in some cases a bit more (e.g. $3.50 for one red pepper). The breakfast choices were decent and the coffee bar was pretty good with lots of creative options. You are not permitted to buy groceries with your $15 breakfast allowance which we didn’t find out until the 3rd day we were there so employees aren’t really consistent with enforcing it. The in-room kitchen is sleek but not really all that functional for cooking meals so we really didn’t use it.

We stayed in an ocean view suite with 2 king beds which was well worth the extra money. Beds were very comfortable. The room was like a studio apartment with separate entrances. The gym was small with enough equipment to get a good work out and it was always empty. We were constantly dragging sand from the beach into our room because there was no obvious place to rinse your feet which would be a nice add.

Overall this is a wonderful venue that is still evolving and great for folks who are looking for lots of quiet downtime.

Room Tip: Definately pay for the Ocean View suite and stay on a higher floor so you can see the water over the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 5STARz
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed the facilities. For the benefit of our other readers, we wish to note that the movie mentioned in this review was a special, one time event - a premier of the movie "Turks and Caicos" that had recently been filmed on the island. The $55 fee for the premier included dinner, champagne, the movie, movie refreshments and a red carpet reception. The resort's regular movie night program on the beach costs just $12 per person.