“Just Right”
Review of Blue Haven Resort

Blue Haven Resort
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our 5th trip to T&C. We have always stayed on Grace Bay. Obviously, this is wheremost people want to stay. So for those people, this is not where you want to be. The beach along Grace Bay is beautiful, but I felt the last trip it was too crowded. Thus, we found an alternative.

The Blue Haven is wonderful. New, clean and fabulously applinted. I really have no complaints. It's Island culture, so be prepared to ask for turn down service. Things happen slowly. Things like the key card maker break. Just go with the flow.

The 2 bedroom suite was perfiect for a family of 4. Modern appliances, washer drier, comfortable bedding and large showers.

There was no tub. The layout of the shower in the master was strange.

The $15 per person credit for breakfast was more than adequate at the market. The Market was very nice. Just be prepared to wait a while for a latte....its not Starbucks. But it is a latte in the islands. LOL

We dived with Big Blue which is right there.

We would definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TucsonTim
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we decided on Blue Haven because it was not in the center of town, was not a huge mega- resort, and because of the outstanding reviews on Trip Advisor. Blue Haven exceeded all our expectations. It is in a beautiful and tranquil setting -- definitely NOT for party animals. The rooms are lovely with high quality amenities and fabulous views. The staff seems to know what you need before you do. Great attention to all the details.
Within walking distance you can arrange for scuba, snorkeling, kayaking and more... Or just lie on the white sand under a cocoanut tree and drink the best piña coladas in the history of man.
The perfect place to relax and feel spoiled. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank marybelle7
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for visit and kind review. You are absolutely correct that we do not cater to the ‘party animal’ crowd, but do strive to provide a truly relaxing environment with endless water sports and beach activities and amenities. We are so glad you hear you will definitely return.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Blue Haven is made for relaxation. From the time you step on the property the hostesses are there to greet you and show you around the property as well as have you served a glass of Rum Punch from the well known bartender, Ralf. Shauna made our trip wonderful and was attentive to our every need. She was always there with a smile and helping us with whatever we needed. The drivers, esp. Sherman and Randall, treated us like family. The site manager, Jerry, was so welcoming and even made extending our trip so easy. We planned to stay 5 days but extended to 4 more. This location is a little out of the way from others area but they offer transfer services to the Alexandria (great snorkeling and dinner on the beach) and the Beach House (great snorkeling and next door to the restaurant "Somewhere" that serves great fish tacos for lunch). My husband and I did not know that a place like this existed. Thanks Blue Haven for showing us that we could relax and get a way from the worries of home. You all are AMAZING! We hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBrink297
Resort_Team, Manager at Blue Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for remembering and mentioning so many of our staff – they will be so pleased to read your review. We hope your return visit will be very soon as well.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are looking for an amazing room with a great view (if you select ocean front) that's tranquil and full of natural beauty...this is your location. I tend to research hotels that are either adult-only or off the beaten path. I read the reviews of this location and was sold... so I thought. However, once I walked into my room; I was absolutely sold! I'm already looking for a reason to return. Great staff extremely helpful, the Market is very cool...if you are up for preparing your own in room meals, it has everything you need!

Room Tip: Select ocean front...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations! You don’t need a reason to return other than you deserve it! We do hope your next visit will be very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Blue Haven staff were excellent and the grounds were immaculate. Set on the marina, there were multiple places for relaxation and unwinding with phenomenal views of the crystal blue water. Very quiet and serene. The hotel's restaurant, Fire and Ice, was unfortunately closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, the two days we were there, but the staff arranged a free shuttle to their sister hotel for an excellent meal at the Mango Reef.

Room Tip: Ask for the marina view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your positive review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed all your stay and your visits to our sister resort. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Where do I begin? I spent five days in Turks and Caicos. From the moment I arrived until I departed the property, I experienced nothing short of pure bliss. The Blue Haven Resort & Marina is breathtaking. The architecture is exquisite. The property is still fairly new and is well-kept. I opted for a Premier Ocean View room. It was on the ground floor and I was afforded a "walk out" to the water. A very comfortable rest with fresh linens and stylish decor. I was warmly greeted by staff daily and found everyone to be kind and accommodating. I wanted for nothing during my stay. I enjoyed food on and off the property. The Market, Salt Bar & Grill and Fire and Ice were all great dining experiences. There is something for all palates, light fare and heavy meals. I traveled alone but met friends who were staying at the Alexandra (a sister property). Lots of events on property and just a short distance to local venues. The shuttle drivers are the most pleasant and informative, please tip them well because they deserve it! I learned so much about the island and the culture just talking with them on short trips to and fro. The Front Desk staff is very courteous, professional and anticipate your every need. By the time I arrived they knew me by name (I had lots of questions and called often prior to my trip). There was no hesitation to answer my inquiries and to assure me that all would be well during my stay. I can't say enough wonderful things about Blue Haven. You can't go wrong. Enjoy your stay, I did.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor provides easier access to the water (ocean side).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank shaunbennwes

We could not be more pleased to know that you experienced ‘pure bliss’ while at Blue Haven. It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we very much hope to have you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I just returned from a trip to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. We had accomodations, and midway through the trip needed to find an alternate location to stay. I cannot say enough good things about both the resort and the staff. When we changed locations Jim, the night manager, took us in. Not only did he set us up with a great room, but he called us each night to make sure that we were comforatable and doing well. You don't find that kind of service anywhere these days. Jerry, the day manager, is also one of the best. He is a guy that genuinely cares about the guests that stay at his hotel. He also checked up on us daily and made sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The cleaning crew impressed as Elsi took very good care of us and made our room immaculate each day. My 2-year old daughter continuously referred to her as "the really nice lady". Darren, another staffer at Blue Haven took my sister in every single unoccupied room until he found a blender so that we could make up some daquiris. It would have been all too easy for him to say no. That is a fine example of the lengths that the staff went to at the Blue Haven to ensure us a great stay.

Blue Haven is a gorgeous, newly remodeled hotel. Our 3 bedroom suite was to die for. It came stocked with a gourmet modern kitchen, living room, dining room, washer/dryer room, 4 bathrooms, and a large screened in patio. It overlooked the beach and the marina. What more could you ask for.

The beach was serene and peaceful. They had beach chairs, hammocks in the palms, an infinity pool with a swim-up bar, and gorgeous outside setting that literally went right out over the marina.

Fire and Ice is the restaurant at Blue Haven. A dish that knocked my socks off was the plantain potato and pumpkin croquete. Wow! The tropical gazpacho and Haven lollipops were fantastic as well.

Salt is a fabulous bar-- especially for happy hour. They have some of the best happy hour prices on the island. Happy hour is every day from 5-8. Their bar menu is fabulous and they had us coming back for more. We loved the cracked conch, plantains, and just about everything on the menu. Anthony and another amazing lady took great care of us with their twist of some killer Rum Punches! Salt is not only an awesome bar, but great place to sit back, relax and enjoy a peacful evening. They have a pool table right outside that bar that you can enjoy as the sun sets. They also have badmitton, volleyball and many other sports. Garcia, the security guard, recommended the absolute best place for our family to watch the sunset-- only minutes away from the resort. It was probably the most amazing sunset we've ever seen.

Blue Haven recently added a market directly across the street-- how convenient! We were able to walk across at any time to pick up food, gourmet coffee, and beer. My dad actually met the Premier of Turks and Caicos, who was extremely welcoming, at the market right before we left for the airport!

Blue Haven is about 1 minute away from the Conch Farm and 2 minutes from the Provo Golf Club. My husband golfed it our last day and sung its praises as a fabulous course to golf.

Blue Haven also has two sister resorts. We took the free shuttle over to the Alexandra and hung out there on the beach for a day. It's a bit more crowded then Blue Haven but the beaches didn't disappoint. We also really enjoyed the restaurant there, Mango Reef.

My family and I can't honetly say enough about how safe, welcomed and important that we felt at this resort. It's a five star (no-brainer) in our book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alicat1430

We are truly delighted that we could not only ‘take you in’, but provide such a great experience for you and your family. Your tips and recommendations will no doubt come in useful for future visitors. We will certainly pass along your kind words to the staff. We all do hope to be able to welcome you back to Blue Haven very soon.