“Something different, but still very enjoyable”

Chinson's Grill Shack
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went here once while living in Provo, wanted to go back but I end up cooking a lot instead. The food was all tasty, the homemade ginger beer even better. The owner came to the tables and talked to you, i liked that a lot. I just wish I was able to go more.

1  Thank stock210

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Not sure what all the great reviews are about. We went there and took out the food. We had 2 of the jerk chicken meals and one oxtail meal. The chicken was overlooked and soggy and the oxtail was just awful. Fatty with chunks of bone throughout. The rice that came with the meals had pieces of chicken bones in them...try someplace else....a lot better chives on the island fir similar price, like Shark bite in turtle cove...

1  Thank DiverAl13
chinsonstci, Owner at Chinson's Grill Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

I am so sorry to hear of your experience. We have been in business for 15+ years and pride ourselves in delivering an excellent product that so many rave about. On your next visit please give us another opportunity to deliver just that. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

After seeing reviews putting the grill in the top half Provo eateries, we, 11 of us, went to give it a try. We arrived before anyone else it seemed and peeked in to the small seating area inside the restaurant. With only a half a dozen tables for two we had to dine el fresco. That put us in a series of picnic tables out in front overlooking the highway, the Do It Center, and a faint glimpse of the ocean. The staff was pleasant and took our drink orders. A full bar was handy but I wanted iced tea with my meal,...no go. So a Coke was my option with the rest getting bottled water. We ordered our food and half got Chinese and half got Jerk.Two rounds of drinks and all I could see was locals driving up and taking their food out. One hour later the food started to come out. At least half of it...all of the jerk menu items came rolling out so half of us got their food. The Chinese items ordered from the menu we were told we're coming but "takes longer to make". 30 minutes longer to be exact and by then half of us were done our meals. All while a stream of "belongers" waltzed in picking up their food. The kitchen staff seemed to be confused and the wait staff frustrated. When the food came out it was very good, but not worth the wait. And one entree never made it to the table at all. Now I don't know if they were just having a bad night, or the "B" team works on weeknights but it was tough to enjoy dining here. Eventually the last entree made it out, with a sincere apology and comped, but alas too late everyone was finished. We took it to go......
The food was delicious with the portions good sized. But the service, even by island standards, was poor at best. Again, bad night, bad staff...perhaps but for a Monday it was tough justifying the 2+ hours we spent on the hill over looking the highway and the Do It Center and.............

2  Thank Jinks G
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I drove by Chinson's our first evening in Provo and decided to swing in for a meal. We were not disappointed. I had previously read of Chinson's here on Trip Advisor, and wanted to stop in, so we were eager to give it a try. Everything was delicious. We sat outside and enjoyed the fresh air at the bar, while we waited for our meal, and even had the pleasure of sharing a brief chat with Mr. Chinson himself. If you're looking for delicious, authentic food in a laid back setting, this is the place for you. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I'm writing a retrospective review of this incredible spot in Turks and Caicos. I spent two weeks working inTurks and Caicos at the end of March 2014. As the title reads they have the best ribs I have ever eaten. It is a Jamaican inspired grill shack. I went to this spot three times in two weeks because the ribs were that good. I also ate the chicken wings and classic Jamaican jerk chicken. Both of these dishes were also fantastic. It is located right on the main highway close to Turtle Cove. The staff are super friendly as is the owner who goes out of his way to personally greet all the guests. If you are in Turks and Caicos and are looking for a quality grilled food you must check this place out.

1  Thank MStrohl