“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #31 of 143 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Chicago
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was expecting a decent bar food experience but it was way better than that. I had a very fresh and delicious vegetarian sandwich and my husband had a delicious very fresh fish sandwich. The prices were reasonable too.

• Visited November 2013

Yorktown, Virginia
“Wednesday Baby Back Ribs and Affordable”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Wednesday special of Baby Back Ribs was great. The service was quick, the value was better, but the the taste of the Baby Back Ribs that fall of the bone was outstanding. The Vegetables and smashed potatoes that accompanied the ribs were all great. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Visited July 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Turtle Cove Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I really enjoyed this place. I went once on a Saturday night (during the latter half of the annual "Battle of the Bands" reggae/island music festival, which could be heard from the open-air bar) and once on a Sunday evening to watch a World Cup soccer match. On Saturday night, the place was PACKED so service was a little slower with only a few bartenders working, Sunday was way slower and the service was 100% on point. There is also happy hour from 5-7 each day that offers 2 for 1 drinks. And get the Jerk Chicken Nachos, they are amazing!

Visited June 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great food, reasonable prices, great drinks!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We've stopped here both in the PM and AM when boarding and departing the Aggressor. Each time, the food has been very good, great cracked conch. blended drinks are very nice. Easy to get to if you're near or in Turtle Cove.

• Visited June 2014
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
“Poor service ruined pretty good food.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was told by a local to try the Tiki Hut on Wednesday. They have chicken and ribs for $14.99. After averaging $130 per dinner for two on the island, we thought why not. There are tables that would be great. They are on the water. Unfortunately, none of those were available. We were put on the far side of the restaurant on the path to the bathrooms. We could have waited for a better table but were hungry. Our choice. The service was very bad. The people were very nice but just bad attention spans. They forgot our drinks. We had to ask for them twice. The meal arrived about 5 minutes before anything whatsoever to drink. The table was very wobbly but no big deal. The lady who sat us said she would bring something to level it. She did not. I went out back and found some concrete pieces in the parking area to level it. No big deal because our table was about a stone's (or piece of concrete's) throw away from the parking lot. The food was actually pretty good. My wife and I both had the ribs. One cannot live on seafood alone in the islands! On my Snuba excursion we were given two vouchers for drinks at Tiki Hut. My wife used one at the beginning of the meal (one of those drinks that finally arrived 5 minutes after the food). We were actually assisted (sort of) by 3 different people. We think that our actual waitress was most likely new. When a more veteran lady (the one who was going to bring us something to level the table) came over and asked me for my dessert selection, we requested the second drink and gave her the voucher. We were brought the bill before the dessert arrived and there was a charge for the drink then a discount for the price. Awesome. We never got the second drink. I flagged the lady down and asked for my wife's drink. She said she thought that we were giving her the voucher for the first drink. I had to explain to her we had two. Honestly, we didn't care about the darn drinks. We have booze at our house. We were given these vouchers and thought we would use them. There is some type of summit meeting at one of the key pads where apparently 3 or 4 people were trying to figure out how to ring up our "new" order. 10 mins or so later, the second drink finally arrives. Still, not a huge deal. We are on island time and in no big hurry. The bill arrives and we were charged for 2 drinks and one was discounted off the ticket. Now it is a big deal. Annoyed, I politely went up and asked the lady why we were charged. She took the ticket and back to the summit meeting she went. About 10 minutes later, she brings us the ticket and all reference to any drink had been removed. All this is to say, it could have all been easily resolved. Just bring us the dang drink while y'all try to figure out the bill.

I usually give high ratings on tripadvisor and hate to give bad reviews. I am sure this is a wonderful place to eat. It seems to be famous amongst the locals. And the value cannot be beat. $50 for dinner for two is astounding here. And if you get a table at the water, I am sure it adds to the experience. As I said, everyone is really nice, just not very good at service. At least not the ones that helped us. The food is pretty good, not great, but pretty good. But then again, everything else we have eaten on the island has been outstanding!! Hopefully your experience will be better. Like I said, it is a great value.

• Visited June 2014