My husband and I stayed at the Regent Grand for our 25th Anniversary. There are so many wonderful things to say about this hotel. The room we stayed in was spectacular. Ocean view. 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Beautifully decorated. Very comfortable bed. Every thing we needed was there. Washer and dryer was very helpful.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Special shout out to Calvin (who does everything) and David at the bar. The cleaning staff did a great job too. Turn down service very nice as well.
The hotel acknowledged our anniversary with a very nice surprise. So thoughtful!
This hotel is probably the best location in T&C. We were able to walk around the shops and there are nice restaurants in walking distance too (Thai Orchid was our favorite). It's really a prime location. Check out The Caicos Bakery. Fantastic French bakery. We went there almost every day.
We rode bikes provided by the hotel. You can ride safely on the sidewalks, which is nice.
Cabs are expensive. You'll be expected to pay about $13 per person each way to travel to places like da Conch Shack. No matter how many people are in the cab.
Things we didn't like so much:
Not having a restaurant is a pain. They did provide a basic continental breakfast. Delicious pastries. But never decaf coffee, which is what I drink. I was able to track down staff a couple of days to make some. But if no one was around, I really didn't want to go looking for someone. Also, I know this is mentioned in other reviews - there was NO staff at the beach. I never was offered a drink (and I would have bought one!). I did get bar service at the pool, but not as often as you would think. The gym was adequate, but there were some issues. The phone was not working all week. I mentioned it twice. The elliptical machine was out of order. And there is a step between the machine room and the free weights. The flooring is the same and there is no warning so it's hard to see the step - I tripped twice during my stay. It's a safety hazard. So be careful.
Beach is smaller than at the other hotels in Grace Bay but it didn't bother us.
The island is very quiet - too quiet for my taste. There is really nothing to do at the hotel. No music by the pool. Total quiet. Many people like this, including my husband. But I was a bit bored. So the hotel was really wonderful but not my cup of tea. If you want quiet, you'll love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, continues to be highly regarded among the hotels in The Turks and Caicos Islands. During 2016 this hotel has been voted as Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel for the second year in succession by The World Travel Awards. It has also received the prestigious Travelers' Choice award and its 4 Diamond Status from AAA. 2015 saw The Regent Grand ranked (#1) property in the Turks and Caicos in Trip Advisor's category of Caribbean Luxury Hotels (#9 in the Caribbean), 2015 Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel by The World Travel Awards, AAA's 4-Diamond rating and voted #1 by US News Top Hotels. Facing 300ft of pristine Grace Bay Beach, The Regent Grand is where memories are made and traditions created! Our staff pride themselves on their personalized service and warm Caribbean hospitality. The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook our mosaic infinity pool. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, tennis, bikes, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales