“Grace Bay in Luxury”

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Raleigh, NC
“Grace Bay in Luxury”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I spent a wonderful 19th year anniversary at The Regent Grand. The service was wonderful, the room was better than expected and the view was out of this world. We had a quick 4 day trip and it was a perfect time. Upon our arrival, there was an enormous fruit basket courtesy of our gracious hosts. We were told that May was out of season, which made it even better - no waiting at restaurants and having the resort to ourselves.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bsawyerRaleigh_NC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I recently travelled to Turks and Caicos with my family for the second time. It was our first time staying at The Regent Grand and we all loved it. The resort has the perfect combination of privacy and location.

The room (Suite 107) was amazing if you like modern/contemporary design and furniture. It was on the beach level and had an incredible ocean view. We could actually walk right off our terrace and the beach was only a few steps away! The kitchen was well furnished with everything we needed to cook in the room (there is a market about a 15 min. walk or 3 min. bike ride away).

The resort itself offers all of the privacy you could ask for. The pool area may be the most beautiful and comfortable I have ever seen. Their private beach (like the pool) does not allow any of the “general public” at all. Both areas have everything you could want (including bar service) without any crowds. As soon as you sit on Grace Bay Beach you will understand why it is rated as the world’s best beach.

On the other hand, if you walk just a few steps through the resort’s foyer, you will be at the Regent Village where you will find four restaurants/bars and the best collection of shops on the island (all within a two minute walk). If you are willing to walk another two minutes, across the street is the Salt Mill Plaza, which offers three more restaurants (including Sushi) and some additional shopping. Overall we counted “eleven” restaurants/bars within a 12 minute walk from our suite. I was pretty impressed that we never took one taxi ride during our entire stay at the RG (although we did take a few bike rides to grab lunch in some other parts of Grace Bay).
We did notice that May is a bit quieter than February (which was when we made our last visit). However, we found plenty to do within walking distance (Danny Buoys across the street had a live band Friday night and Saturday night we sat at Seven Stars beach bar and listened to a husband & wife perform). It was also nice to be able to get into the more popular restaurants while taking advantage of the RG’s reduced summer rates (which were significantly lower than their winter rates).

I will finish the same way that I started; the Regent Grand is truly the perfect combination of privacy and location. The next time I return I will definitely be staying at the Regent Grand (and in Suite 107) again!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms (def rm 107, not sure if all do) have direct access just steps away from both the be...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank LizCooper13
North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I just came back yesterday from the Regent Grand and stayed there for 7 days. The resort is indeed beautiful and the staff is very pleasant. However, this place has nothing really to offer besides the friendliness of the staff and its location. The rooms were beautiful and the the establishment elegant .Thank you David for the drinks served, JOJO for the intro and services provided, Randall for always smiling and Indi for your knowledge of the island. My girlfriend and I ventured off each evening, because at the Grand, there are no activities, restaurants, pool bars etc.... I was disappointed after seeing that TA showed it to be the number 3 hotel on the island. It is very close to shops and restaurants outside but if your a people person this is not the spot for you. We felt we had the entire resort to ourselves. I would definitely come back to Turks but I guess I should have read deeper into the reviews about the Grand.,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JeffD7
Downingtown, PA
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I am sitting in "peace of heaven" 310 at The Regent Grand Provo. Our first full day of vacation is over--booo! Our family had the most amazing day today that I had to sit down to write this.

First, if you choose The Regent, try to book unit 310 from Craig and Candy Devenport. These owners were delightful to deal with. While the week is expensive, it is totally worth the money. VRBO is the greatest site for a great deal (message me for details.)

RG is luxurious. Period. Our three bedroom corner condo is enormous. The entire thing is outfitted with top of the line furnishings and appliances. We are here with my mom and our 3 kids. There is so much room for all of us. The balcony overlooks the perfect turquoise water of Grace Bay. There has been a glorious breeze and we have torn ourselves away from the balcony only to head down to the pool.

RG's pool is PERFECT for families. Not only is it warm, but it has two zero entry points, two infinity edges, two hot tubs (carved out of the pool proper) and it is magnificent to look at. After a long day of travel yesterday, we spent the entire day in or around the pool and beach.

People on this site have criticized RG for being more of a "condo-tel" without the typical amenities of a luxury hotel. Well, if your idea of luxury is swarms of people battling for pool loungers or obnoxious DJs doing poolside hokie poke--THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.

So far we have only interacted with a few staff members. David at the bar already knows my family, our drinks and our room number. Juan at the pool is inconspicuous but helpful at every turn.

Nicola manages 310 and is a sweetheart. She called me the day we booked our vacation, emailed me a list of our dinner reservations and left her cell number in case we needed anything.

Upon our arrival, there was an enormous fruit basket courtesy of our gracious hosts. We didn't even eat a full lunch today, just munched on fruit we brought down from our room. No one pressured us into buying poolside food but would have happily brought it had we asked.

The doors to our master balcony are just open enough to hear the lapping of the waves and feel the cool breeze...I feel myself dozing--if I am dreaming of today, please don't wake me.

Room Tip: Use VRBO to book a three bedroom corner unit.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank cjandcat
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My BF and I wanted a relaxing yet luxurious getaway and that is exactly what we found here. In fact The Regent Grand and Turks & Caicos in general exceeded our expectations. The Regent Grand is the perfect mix between being completely isolated on vacation (getting a private villa) and feeling like you are on vacation with a ton of ppl (such as a cruise or an all inclusive type place). The latter of the aforementioned being like and "Anti-vacation" for me personally. The grounds, fitness center and pool are kept very tidy. Our accomodations (2 bedroom garden view villa) was lovely with a great outdoor patio. More than enough space and kept very clean-and a nice surprise of a washer/dryer and full kitchen with all necessary cutlery, dishes and pots and pans. The hotel is located right smack in the middle of town, walking distance to shops and eateries. Probably the best part of the experience at the Regent Grand was the service. Hands down JIMMY is my favorite example of great customer service. He is phenomenal!! Funny, instantly likeable and remembers who you are in an authentic way. Around to help you enough but not overly pushy. He and a few of the other staff at the Regent Grand could teach a customer service course-and I wish they would here in the States :) Two other top notch staff memebers are Calvin & JoJo. Kudos to you all for an excellent unforgettable job well done!
The other undeniable show stopping experience is the beach of course. That one we would all have to give credit to mother nature for but the Regent Grand does come up with ways to even enhance this experience; i.e. clean and accessible lounge chairs with umbrella's and little drink tables, plenty of fresh clean towels, an outside shower to clean off your sandy feet before heading back in, and of course if you need a beverage brought to you Jimmy or some available staff member is easy to find to bring it to you. What is also nice is that they aren't pushy with it. While I am sure it is their best interest to have vacationers ordering bar drinks, they are just as kind and helpful if you bring out your own drinks, offering ice if needed or to take cups away if you are finished.
All in all a wonderful trip and experience. We certainly will be back!

Room Tip: While I am sure that the rooms with the Ocean views are spectacular I have to say that our pool/Gard...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anya H
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My niece and I spent a week at the Regent Grand in a pool view/2 bedroom condo and loved every minute of our stay. The condo was very tastefully furnished and immaculately cared for by the housekeeping staff. Our balcony overlooked the gorgeous pool and we enjoyed a take-out dinner from the nearby gourmet grocery store on one of our evenings. The beach was great and we spent hours reading,resting, and chatting with other guests. The location was superb; we could walk to stores and restaurants and never needed a car. One of our highlights was a land tour with ConchaWoncha Tours. We had a great day with Desmond, Therese, and their other passengers. We highly recommend this tour if you don't want to venture onto a boat trip. We loved The Deck at the Seven Stars, Bella Luna Restaurant, Hemingways, and Bay Bistro, where we had lunch. Peace, quiet, great location sum up The Regent Grand.

Room Tip: We were in Room 802 overlooking the pool and it was very quiet with a beautiful views of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Fleetwood36
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at Beaches last year. While we loved Turks and Caicos, we wanted a more relaxing, less "inclusive" type of vacation. The Regent Grand provided that and much more! We traveled with our 12 and 15 year old children and found the perfect blend of relaxation and activities. However, keep in mind that the activities need to be planned by either you or the friendly concierge. The staff is friendly and more than accomodating. We were also upgraded upon arrival....without asking AND during spring break. It set the tempo for the trip, we really wanted for nothing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family