“Best Hotel on Grace Bay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Regent Grand

The Regent Grand
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
New York
“Best Hotel on Grace Bay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

To begin, I would like to re-iterate the fact that this posting refers to Grace Bay and NOT the rest of the Provo shoreline. With that out of the way, let me say that the Regent Grand was the perfect place for my mother and I to have a mother-daughter vacation!!!! My mother and I myself love to take trips together in general, but have been making more of an effort as of late due to my up-coming graduation from college (she's having a tough time letting go!). We both decided to travel to TCI to try scuba diving and just to have some fun in the sun.

After a week of scuba diving on the island of Grand Turk, we checked into the Regent Grand in the early afternoon and were greeted by Jona, an absolute doll, who took us to our room on the 4th floor (a two bedroom condo, oceanfront). We decided to let Jona leave before screaming and jumping in enjoyment while exclaiming at how beautiful the condo was decorated and at the exceptional view of the ocean. Everything in this condo was state of the art and impeccably clean--the maid service during our stay came once in the morning and then around 5pm for a turn down service, chocolates included. You are also greeted with Clarins body products in the bathrooms, which adds an extra bit of luxury. This was just the beginning of our stay...and it got better and better!!!

My mother and I frequented the magnificent pool when not lounging in the sand and had a wonderful time talking with fellow guests and condo-owners. We exchanged information about restaurants, shopping, activities, etc. and found the staff to be exceedingly knowledgeable about both tourist and local haunts. Our favorite places to dine were definitely Grace's Cottage and Magnolia--nice and quiet with spectacular cuisine and ambiance! The Regent Grand arranged cabs to pick us up for both places, as well as our other dining excursions, and also made and confirmed our reservations.
In terms of the price of cabs, I must be honest---it is not cheap to get around Provo when walking or biking is out of the question, especially in the evening hours. What must be added, however, is the fact that taxi drivers are extremely nice and generous--occasionally, my mother and I would not have enough money for the fare and they would say "no problem, I trust you...pay me when you can". If you are honest with them, they will be honest with you and would NEVER put you in an uncomfortable position--tourism is their primary source of income and they would never try to jeopardize that. Instead, just accept the high taxi fare and strike up a conversation--my mother and I listened to numerous fascinating stories from the locals during long cab rides.

To touch on the lack of a restaurant at the Regent Grand, I would have to agree that the addition of one would be cost saving due to these many cab rides to and fro down the beach. The absence of one, however, was not a huge deal as there are many places to choose from within walking distance at the Regent Village (where the Regent Grand is located), which has many wine/tapas bars and shops nestled within. Considering the fact that Provo is getting bigger and better each year, I wouldn't be surprised if there were even more options by the time you book your trip!!! The seafood is certainly fresh, and is usually caught that day and walked across the street to your restaurant and thrown on the grill---fabulous!!! (and cleaned of course). The Regent Grand will certainly steer you in the right direction in terms of the most innovative cuisine on the island as well as places to avoid due either overpriced dishes or rude staff. The only time my mother and I ever encountered a bad experience at a restaurant was at the Caicos' Cafe after we decided to take a gamble and go against our gut.....yikes!!! Tread with caution.....

While I could go write a couple more pages about how much fun and my mom and I had at the Regent Grand, instead....I urge you to go!!! Due to various packages, including spa vouchers and golfing trips at the beautifully manicured Provo Golf and Country Club, the rates are pretty good right now. Anyone at the Regent Grand will help you arrange your travel and surely make your time in Provo unforgettable!!!

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank aeh8m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

The Regent Grand experience was one of a kind! Every single person I interacted with was positive and always had a smile on their face. Especially fun were both Jona and Calvin! This is nothing short of first class! Service was fast and friendly. On our first day, we realized that the iPod player wasn't working. We received a new one within 30 minutes. For me, service is key, and that is exactly what the Regant Grand is about!

The property itself is immaculate. Very well kept, clean and pristine. It's right on the beach and they have a great gym and amazing pool with 2 jacuzzi's. As we walked the beach, we saw other resorts and even visited a few and nothing compares. Boy, were we lucky with choosing the Regent Grand for our first trip to T&C.

We hope to come back!

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaimaR
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

The hotel was great. Get a room over the pool or beachfront. Staff is overly friendly and always ready to accommodate any wish. There new restaurant, The Vix is has the most amazing chef! His food is cooked to absolute perfection, and the french fries are to die to for! The Vix rest. is a husband and wife who work collaboratively together to serve the best tasting caribbean/french fusion food in the caribbean islands. His food melts in your mouth and just when you think you are full there is always room for his dessert!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jefftennis
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

I have to second all the positive reviews posted previously. We just returned from a one week stay with our two kids ages 19 and 15. We reserved a two bedroom suite and were not disappointed. While expensive (especially since it was Christmas week), I felt it was truly worth it given our experience.
From the moment we arrived, the staff was uniformly friendly and got to know us by name. Beverly (the Manager) was nice enough to provide a complimentary welcome basket as my wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Most of the staff is Filiplino, and from the from desk, to the pool staff to the bellman, they couldn't have been nicer.
The room is as advertised, spacious, well-decorated, and with beautiful ocean views.
Some other items to note:
1) While we rented a car for the convenience, there are a number of restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride away. Since the cabs are expensive, it really boils down to whether you want the freedom of a car, or not. We drove to most restaurants and still only racked up about 15 miles of driving for the week.
2) Loved the fact that there was no piped-in music at the pool, a rare find these days. You also didn't have to fight for a chaise lounge at the pool, as there were plenty of seats for everyone. There are only 54 units in the hotel, and between the beach and the pool, there are enough for everyone.
3) Two minor gripes (and I do mean minor): the tv's are flat screen, but no there's no high-def signal. And second, the two jacuzzis were rarely hot enough. Don't know if that's on purpose or whether they weren't working properly.
All in all, it's a great place. Expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Metsfan5
Kennesaw, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

This place is one of the friendliest places I have stayed. I hope to return soon. The pool is wonderful and you can't beat Grace Bay beach no matter where you stay. The staff were so attentive and polite. It's location can't be beat either as it is right in the middle of where everything is growing. Walking anywhere is easy from here. I haven't seen this many smiles in a long time. We stayed in an oceanfront suite and it was truly impressive. Daily newspapers and continental breakfast brought to us. Very relaxing. Very nice. Very clean. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank animalshack
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

The resort is beautiful. Fantastic, warm friendly heplful staff. The pool is gorgeous. Very private and quiet.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CanadaThumper
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

This was a great anniversary trip! The Regent Grand is so beautiful, and it is very well managed by Beverly. If you're looking to recharge and relax, this is the place for you. The customer service by everyone really sets this place apart--kudos to Beverly and the staff for creating a high level of service by everyone. The concierges Jona and Calvin were very professional and helpful to us for the entire time (for dinner reservations, tee times, and many questions we had), and Randall always had a smile and warm greeting--everyone called us by name. The mosaic pool is the prettiest on the island in my opinion, and there were always plenty of towels available for the pool or beach. While we were there, the restaurant had not opened, but you're in walking/riding (complimentary bicycles available) distance to so many, that we didn't even notice. We ate quite a few lunches at the Saltmills Cafe (everything we ordered was tasty and well prepared). We were greeted upon arrival with cool towels, rum punch/water. The room we were in had a gorgeous oceanfront view, and the rooms are terrificly furnished and stocked--one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in while travelling. Housekeeping did a great job every day of cleaning the room, and we loved the chocolates provided in the evening turndown service. The continental breakfast every morning that was brought to the room was just enough before an early start (OJ, coffee, muffins, croissants, fruit, bagel, yogurt). The pool bar was also a good source for drinks/soda from 12-8pm. We used the fitness center, and it was spotless and had great equipment. The only thing we would want more of is a greater access to the internet at the hotel (e.g., maybe a small business center), especially if our trip was longer because it could not be accessed from the room--we had to go by the pool. But this hotel was a wonderful place to stay and I highly recommend it!!

P.S. I also highly recommend Grace's Cottage and Coco Bistro for dinner and Teona Spa with a treatment from Yvonne or Edmonde (very nice ladies and great service).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple