To begin, I would like to re-iterate the fact that this posting refers to Grace Bay and NOT the rest of the Provo shoreline. With that out of the way, let me say that the Regent Grand was the perfect place for my mother and I to have a mother-daughter vacation!!!! My mother and I myself love to take trips together in general, but have been making more of an effort as of late due to my up-coming graduation from college (she's having a tough time letting go!). We both decided to travel to TCI to try scuba diving and just to have some fun in the sun.
After a week of scuba diving on the island of Grand Turk, we checked into the Regent Grand in the early afternoon and were greeted by Jona, an absolute doll, who took us to our room on the 4th floor (a two bedroom condo, oceanfront). We decided to let Jona leave before screaming and jumping in enjoyment while exclaiming at how beautiful the condo was decorated and at the exceptional view of the ocean. Everything in this condo was state of the art and impeccably clean--the maid service during our stay came once in the morning and then around 5pm for a turn down service, chocolates included. You are also greeted with Clarins body products in the bathrooms, which adds an extra bit of luxury. This was just the beginning of our stay...and it got better and better!!!
My mother and I frequented the magnificent pool when not lounging in the sand and had a wonderful time talking with fellow guests and condo-owners. We exchanged information about restaurants, shopping, activities, etc. and found the staff to be exceedingly knowledgeable about both tourist and local haunts. Our favorite places to dine were definitely Grace's Cottage and Magnolia--nice and quiet with spectacular cuisine and ambiance! The Regent Grand arranged cabs to pick us up for both places, as well as our other dining excursions, and also made and confirmed our reservations.
In terms of the price of cabs, I must be honest---it is not cheap to get around Provo when walking or biking is out of the question, especially in the evening hours. What must be added, however, is the fact that taxi drivers are extremely nice and generous--occasionally, my mother and I would not have enough money for the fare and they would say "no problem, I trust you...pay me when you can". If you are honest with them, they will be honest with you and would NEVER put you in an uncomfortable position--tourism is their primary source of income and they would never try to jeopardize that. Instead, just accept the high taxi fare and strike up a conversation--my mother and I listened to numerous fascinating stories from the locals during long cab rides.
To touch on the lack of a restaurant at the Regent Grand, I would have to agree that the addition of one would be cost saving due to these many cab rides to and fro down the beach. The absence of one, however, was not a huge deal as there are many places to choose from within walking distance at the Regent Village (where the Regent Grand is located), which has many wine/tapas bars and shops nestled within. Considering the fact that Provo is getting bigger and better each year, I wouldn't be surprised if there were even more options by the time you book your trip!!! The seafood is certainly fresh, and is usually caught that day and walked across the street to your restaurant and thrown on the grill---fabulous!!! (and cleaned of course). The Regent Grand will certainly steer you in the right direction in terms of the most innovative cuisine on the island as well as places to avoid due either overpriced dishes or rude staff. The only time my mother and I ever encountered a bad experience at a restaurant was at the Caicos' Cafe after we decided to take a gamble and go against our gut.....yikes!!! Tread with caution.....
While I could go write a couple more pages about how much fun and my mom and I had at the Regent Grand, instead....I urge you to go!!! Due to various packages, including spa vouchers and golfing trips at the beautifully manicured Provo Golf and Country Club, the rates are pretty good right now. Anyone at the Regent Grand will help you arrange your travel and surely make your time in Provo unforgettable!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, continues to be highly regarded among the hotels in The Turks and Caicos Islands. During 2016 this hotel has been voted as Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel for the second year in succession by The World Travel Awards. It has also received the prestigious Travelers' Choice award and its 4 Diamond Status from AAA. 2015 saw The Regent Grand ranked (#1) property in the Turks and Caicos in Trip Advisor's category of Caribbean Luxury Hotels (#9 in the Caribbean), 2015 Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel by The World Travel Awards, AAA's 4-Diamond rating and voted #1 by US News Top Hotels. Facing 300ft of pristine Grace Bay Beach, The Regent Grand is where memories are made and traditions created! Our staff pride themselves on their personalized service and warm Caribbean hospitality. The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook our mosaic infinity pool. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, tennis, bikes, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales