My husband and I just returned from a week stay at the Regent Grand. The 2 bedroom suite overlooking the pool was beautiful!! We really felt most of the reviews that led us to chose this resort were right on. The entire staff was always extremely helpful and pleasant. They never wanted to take too much of your vacation time, but always made sure you had what you needed.
We would have really loved more variety for the free breakfast, but we mostly cooked our breakfast and lunches in our suite. Don't expect wonderful service when you eat out on the island. I don't think great service as we're accustomed to in the US is the norm there. They don't mean anything by it, I think that's just how service is there. I believe they say everything is on "island time" there. Some places include the tip in the bill , and some don't, so check for that!
Didn't really love the Vix, which is the restaurant associated with the Regent Grand, but there are plenty of other options close by that are good. The cheesecake at Danny Buoys was the best and had a few good lunches, too. The Saltmills Cafe by far has the cheapest, best meals for breakfast and lunch, and a very casual dinner if you want something quick. The Baci italian restaurant was great, really small, but great food. Hemingways is another good choice for dinner. We heard Bella Luna is another good italian restaurant, but we never made it there. Have to recommend against Anacaona, it's a beautiful setting and cool bar area, but the food is ridiculously priced and not that amazing. Service is really slow, even more so than other places there.
Back to the Regent Grand. We especially want to mention Calvin, Joana, and David. They always were especially helpful and we really appreciate the time they took to make our stay wonderful.
The beach in front of the Regent Grand was awesome, felt like powder. The water is gorgeous and you will not regret this trip. We got certified to dive while we were there through Dive Provo. They're awesome! Highly recommend them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful, boutique and beachfront property, continues to be highly regarded among the hotels in The Turks and Caicos Islands. During 2016 this hotel has been voted as Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel for the second year in succession by The World Travel Awards. It has also received the prestigious Travelers' Choice award and its 4 Diamond Status from AAA. 2015 saw The Regent Grand ranked (#1) property in the Turks and Caicos in Trip Advisor's category of Caribbean Luxury Hotels (#9 in the Caribbean), 2015 Turks and Caicos Leading Boutique Hotel by The World Travel Awards, AAA's 4-Diamond rating and voted #1 by US News Top Hotels. Facing 300ft of pristine Grace Bay Beach, The Regent Grand is where memories are made and traditions created! Our staff pride themselves on their personalized service and warm Caribbean hospitality. The Regent Grand is ideally situated in the heart of Grace Bay, adjacent to The Regent Village and seconds from shops, restaurants, bistro bars and duty free. All one, two and three large Ocean-front Suites boast private terraces and the luxury of unobstructed views while our more intimate Pool and Garden Suites overlook our mosaic infinity pool. Full rates include daily housekeeping, breakfast, welcome cocktail and WiFi. Amenities include heated mosaic pool, tennis, bikes, Nautilus gym, pool & beach service, pool bar, Teona Spa and fabulous Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Regent Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Grand Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Grand
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- The Regent Grand Turks And Caicos/Providenciales