“Great non-resort option on Provo!”
Review of Grace Bay Suites

Grace Bay Suites
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great non-resort option on Provo!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed only one night here on our way to Salt Cay. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. A nice breeze comes through the room if you open the door out to the patio that overlooks the pool. I especially enjoyed the giant shower with large shower head mounted directly overhead! Plenty of bath towels are provided. It is an easy walk to the beach but there is a nice, small pool at the hotel with plenty of chairs and a large hammock. Great price for a pleasant stay on an otherwise pricey island!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrea V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2012

27 Dec to 2 Jan:

WIFI very weak
NO beach chairs; political battles for beach front and chair space going on.
Mosquitoes will eat you alive!
Sewage smell in the afternoons by the pool side
no iron in room; had to ask for it, and it did not work
damp smell in bathroom
had trouble with safe working correctly; had to have manager look at it twice

In short, aggravating over the course of a 6 day vacation. This place is in the midst of change; upgrading and change of ownership. I would be loathe to go back, and would really check it out before making reservations to vacation there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank NURSETRAVELER2011
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The rooms were very clean, relatively large and had comfortable beds. It was a perfect place for us to stay prior to embarking on our dive trip on the Aggressor. The rooms are relatively inexpensive compared to most of the hotels in the area. The rooms are very nice and very quiet. The air conditioner worked great. A beautiful beach is about a 10 minute walk across the street. The hotel has some umbrellas and lawn chairs on the beach for guest use. There is some nice shopping and good restaurants in the area. Danny Buoy's had an excellent band and good drinks on Friday night. The staff at the hotel went out of their way to be very helpful and they are very knowledgeable about the island. They made some excellent recommendations for dining. Definitly not a romantic place to stay but it is a great value and nice place in a safe area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SBtraveler1
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We arrived at Grace Bay suites during a torrential rainfall. As the taxi driver was unloading our luggage I noticed the lady at the front desk got in a car and drove off. We ended up waiting for about 30 minutes huddled under an awning waiting until my husband went over to Danny Buoy’s to see if someone could help us check in. Finally someone did arrive to inform us that our room was not ready so we had to leave our luggage behind the (obviously not so secure) registration desk and hung out at Danny Buoy’s for another hour until our room was ready. We encountered the same probalem during checkout, but at least this time there was a note on the registration door with a phone number to call.

On a positive note, the rooms were clean and housekeeping did a good job keeping up on them during the week.

Grace Bay suites is across the street from the famous 5 mile long Grace Bay beach. Grace Bay is lined with large resorts and private condominium communities that are required to offer public access to the beach. However, they are not required to provide beach chair rentals... so unless you are staying at one of these places you are stuck with your bum in the sand for the duration of your trip. We quickly learned that doesn't have to be the case if you can turn on your charm and agree to purchase a $20 frozen margarita (which of course we purchased to enjoy the 1/2 day of sunshine that Mother Nature blessed us with).

If you are going to Providenciales I would recommend spending the extra money to stay on the beach or stay someplace that provides beach chairs to its guests.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TarahLeann
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I've been meaning to write this for a while now. I stayed at Grace Bay Suites back in May to do some diving in Provo. I was looking for a simple, inexpensive hotel in town as I was taveling by myself, I wanted to be close to the restaurants and shops. Grace Bay Suites was a great, economical option for a solo traveler or for families. The rooms are spacious, bright, very clean and have small kitchenettes with a sink, mini-fridge, microwave and a small collection of utencils/plates/dishcloths, etc. They have a small pool with chairs around for lounging. The beach was about a 2 minute walk away, across the street, down a pretty landscaped pathway between two hotels. There were several restaurants withing walking distance and the super market was about a 5-7 minute walk away.

If I have any complaints it would be that there is a terrible sewage-like odor near the pool area. It wasn't there all the time, just when the air was still/no breeze, but it was pretty bad when it was there. It didn't really affect me as I wasn't there to be at the pool, but if you are a pool lounger, I can imagine it would be pretty annoying. It never wafted up to the rooms, so that was fine - I was on the 3rd floor. Also, as other reviewers had mentioned, there is never anyone at the front desk. This also did not necessarily bother me, but one day I wanted to get a fresh beach towel, and the doors were locked to the reception area and no one was around to unlock it for me.

All in all, the hotel suited my needs. The staff that I did encounter were very friendly, the rooms were spotless and it was a great location and great value for what I needed/was looking for. If I go to T&C by myself again, I would probably stay here for the good price and location. If I come back with my boyfriend, we might stay at one of the nicer resorts. If you are looking for a reasonably priced option in the heart of Grace Bay, look no further, most other hotels in Provo are very expensive.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Grace Bay Suites is smack dab in the middle of the happening beach area of Grace Bay. Our room had a little kitchenette which allowed us to make some simple breakfast and lunches. The grounds were nice and the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms themselves were nice except the tile floor was a little grimey, forcing us to wear socks inside because the bottom of our feet turned black! Also the bathroom sink leaked. But all in all, we would definitely staye here again. You are walking distance to pretty much anything you need.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler_Ma_10
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 June 2011

It's not RWI and it's definitely not the West Bay Club, but GBS is great for the money! Good albeit basic rooms, but they do have nice balconies, newer Tvs, updated bathrooms and a good mini fridge and microwave. The safe was nice because it was actually big enough for all of our stuff unlike some of the other hotels in Turks. Yes the pool is tiny and yes GBS is not on the beach, but you aren't coming to Turks to hang at the pool and GBS isn't but a walk from beautiful Grace Bay! Furthermore GBS actually has an enviable location next to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple