“Great massages! Great hotel!”
Review of West Bay Club

West Bay Club
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Talk about a great honeymoon...beautiful water, beautiful hotel, beautiful island. And on top of everything..we had great massages with Spa Tropique! We decided last minute to book our honeymoon and we loved West Bay Cllub. Dane, the mgr, could not have been more lovely. And everyone went out of their way to treat us right. We were most surprised when the owner of Spa Tropique, Meryl, after finding out it was our honemoon surprised us with a gift package in our room. Such courtesies at this hotel! We will definitely be back. And when booking your massages ask for Demas and Elaine!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We went on a family vacation and decided to stay at Grace Bay because of the stunning views from the rooms, it was slightly more affordable than some of the other comparable resorts and it had some great complimentary amenities. It did not dissapoint in almost every way; breakfast was free and good -- and there were awesome beach toys we were able to use (snorkling gear, kayaks, hobbie cat, paddle board, etc.) The website does not do justice to the rooms which have stunning panoramic views and are impeccably decorated. The hotel, surrounding beach and the pool never feel crowded, so the single best part of West Bay Club is that you will always feel secluded!

The folks at the front desk were very sweet and helpful throughout our stay. We highly reccomend renting a car if you have a large family (we had a family of 5 and taking a cab anywhere cost a minimum of $30 so by the 2nd day, we rented a car and saved a ton of money!)

My only complaint is cleanliness of the room after daily cleanings by housekeeping -- we would return to our room in the evening and find that the floors, especially the bathroom floors had not been cleaned at all nor the table out on the balcony. In the future, we hope there can be a thorough cleaning of the rooms; this is the only reason we didn't give the highest rating to WBC but hopefully they will improve that. One more small thing -- the pillows were all huge and fluffy, if it'd be possible to have a variety including some flatter options, that would be great for different kinds of sleepers like myself.

Room Tip: get an oceanfront suite on 2nd floor or above so that you have the full ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Reena P
Reviewed 9 August 2011

It all started back in December of 2010 when I got engaged. When we first thought about a destination wedding, we considered Hawaii and St. Lucia as well. After much consideration we went with WBC because of how accommodating they were. I was in constant communication with Roxana, the manager and also my wedding coordinator. She would almost instantly email me back after I contacted her each and every time. There were a total of 18 guests including myself and the groom. We all stayed at the WBC except a party of two (they stayed at the Sands and didn’t like it). We went with the summer special rate which was to buy 3 nights and the 4th one was free. This worked out great for us. We arrived on the island on Friday and scheduled a Happy Hour Meet and Greet at the Atlantic Grill bar from 5-6. Norman, the bartender was phenomenal as he sported a beautiful smile and a great attitude. We had some heavy drinkers in the mix and Norman hooked them up with more than they could handle! Ha! Later than night we had dinner reservations at CoCo Bistro and the atmosphere and food there was amazing also. The chef/owner came out and greeted us which was a nice touch. We got back to the resort late and most of us were very tired from the long flights and wanted to just chill in our fantasy style suites. Our apartment back in DC is not nearly as nice as compared to the grand scale for which the WBC sits. It’s super clean, well maintained, washer and dryer in each suite, Wifi, spacious bathrooms, and a wine cellar in each room. We had a balcony that overlooked the perfect part of the beach where the ceremony was to take place. Saturday morning, we all went out to the beach to relax before the wedding. We made use of the Hobie Cats, snorkeling gear, chairs with umbrellas, and pristine water by way of William, the beach attendant. Be sure not to take advantage of the use of the Hobie Cat, some of our guests were out way too long and this worried the beach staff and kept another guest waiting. Eudardo took David and I for a ride and we were gone for about 30 minutes for the ride of a lifetime, I can’t imagine the need to go longer than that. Around 3pm it was time for the women to get ready and I had booked Sheque Perfection to do my hair and makeup. Two women came and blew my socks off with their skills and speed. They were done in about an hour and 10 minutes and I looked like a beauty queen. It was just the look I was going for. At $300 it was well worth the price. My photographer, Ileana and my videographer, David were both from Brilliant.tc and they were so talented. If there is any one thing I think a bride and groom should spend money on it would be photography. We paid $1400 for 2 hours of photos and $1500 (can’t quite remember that figure) for the 2 hours of video. I’d pay that again and again. The beach set up was all from pictures I had acquired online and via the Brilliant.tc website for ideas. Roxana at WBC set them up for me and it was so beautiful. I had a fuchsia and turquoise theme and she did that so beautifully. I also had a small band on the beach next to the ceremony site that I actually found myself. I had read on trip advisor about Provo Primary school, and I contacted the director via email. Her name is Alison – and she informed me that having the students play was not possible because the students were on summer break but that she could play along with one student and a Jazz Guitarist named Perry. They were AWESOME! Earth, Wind, and Fire and Bob Marley were the tunes that filled the beach. Well worth the $650 I paid them. Following the reception there was a champagne toast on the beach while David and I took photos with Ileana and David. The reception followed at the WBC’s Atlantic Grill. Roxana had the table decorated just perfectly. The food there was so good that we actually cancelled some of our later reservations in the week just to eat there again. Roxana had a DJ on site that played current dance music for us until the wee hours. David the DJ was so happy to help us shake our groove thing! The night ended with all of the couples in the pool with their clothes on! For the rest of the trip, Trecia helped us with breakfast in the morning – your choice of continental or you can order from the grill. Daniel was our bartender at night and kept us happy. Kathy at the front desk showed us our fantastic room on the first day with smiles as well. One very important person to us was Cherry, who on the night of our birthday (mine and our guest) came up with 2 decorated birthday cakes on our last night that were a delicious surprise. We got our wedding cake from Fresh Bakery and it was pretty but tasted terrible. I suggest asking Cherry to provide your wedding cake from wherever she got the birthday cakes from. Thank you so much WBC for making out wedding a dream come true. We had an amazing time and will be back for our 1 year anniversary!

5  Thank NurseJen157
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We returned to the West Bay Club for the second year in a row. We really enjoy this resort for so many reasons. We stay in a luxury one bedroom which is a beautiful spacious suite with so many amenities including a fully equipped kitchen, powder room, washer and dryer, huge on en-suite bathroom. There is a large balcony off the living and dining areas. There is a constant breeze, beautiful ocean view and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.
The staff including the beach attendants are all so courteous. We like the intimate and quiet atmosphere of the the West Bay Club. The beach is so spacious and never crowded and William and the other beach attendants are all helpful and friendly. The head house keeper and her staff are very attentive to every detail - in fact the entire resort is kept impeccably clean.
On this two week trip we really discovered the true beauty of these islands and the people. We traveled to Little Water Cay, a deserted beautiful island where we snorkeled, swam and saw rock iguanas in their natural habitat. We also took the ferry to North and Middle Caicos, rented a car and explored the sites we had planned on our map. One outstanding sight is Mudjin Harbor on Middle Caicos, it really is breath taking.
Daniel's Cafe is also so worth a visit - the food is great. We also had the opportunity to spend the day a Parrot Cay. It is a very lush and beautiful setting since they get more rainfall than Provo. We had lunch there and it was very expensive. We enjoyed our day there but both agreed that we prefer the West Bay Club and Provo for its variety of restaurants, snorkeling and beaches. Other beaches we went to included Malcolm, Sunset, Pelican, Long Bay and Sapodilla Bay. - all beautiful and with a character of there own.
Our favorite restaurants were Tiki Hut and Hemingways . We were regulars at Fresh Bakery. Their fresh bread, sandwiches, paninis, salads and baked goods are fantastic.
We will definitely return to the West Bay Club.

Bob & Dianne, Burlington, Ontario, Canada

2  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The West Bay Club was everything we'd hoped for and more for our honeymoon. It was quiet, expertly maintained, luxuriously appointed. And I can't say how great it was to be away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded Grace Bay resorts (Beaches, Seven Stars, etc.).

We took taxis to dinner every night and it worked out great for us. We didn't want to bother with a rental car and glad we stuck with taxis (call Kalvin -- everyone knows him).

The beach at West Bay is very wide compared to further down near the main Grace Bay resorts. It was amazing to see only a narrow strip of sand as we walked through Beaches Resort, Seven Stars and Regent Palms, etc. If hanging out on the beach all day is a big deal to you (as it was to us), then keep this mind.

The food at West Bay Club was very good. Beach service was great.

Recommendations for dinner on Provo: Magnolia, Opus, Bay Bistro and don't miss Somewhere for breakfast or lunch.

One thing we were surprised about: the "friendliness" of the staff. I had read lots of good things but frankly was a little disappointed. No one was very helpful or friendly unless you asked for something. I always go out of my way to be nice and courteous to workers in the service industry (i.e. never treat them like they're only there to do stuff for me, making sure to tip properly, etc.). But everytime I requested something it was like I was bothering them and asking for a huge favor. Maybe I was being overly sensitive. The beach guys were great--always jumping up to help out with chairs, towels, umbrellas, etc.

However, I'd return in a heartbeat and highly recommend WBC to any and every one.

Room Tip: Look for oceanfront room, on the East corner -- 2nd floor or higher
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My boyfriend and I, along with three other couples, recently stayed at the West Bay Club in their four-bedroom luxury suite. AMAZING! The bedrooms are set up for privacy and comfort and the dining/living area is spacious and was perfect for a big group like ours! The view from the balcony was breathtaking. Everyone on staff from the ladies at the front desk to the bartenders, to the gentlemen who help on the beach - were welcoming and so friendly. The property is absolutely gorgeous and we loved being able to spend the afternoon on the beach or take a dip in the pool. Everything is right at your fingertips! It's also a smaller scale hotel, so there weren't a hundred families swarming the place. The peaceful atmosphere was just what we needed. We sampled several cocktails but never had the chance to have a meal at the restaurant. The complimentary breakfast was nice, but limited, so we went grocery shopping and usually ended up having breakfast in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My wife and I have traveled to many great places with spectacular beaches: Aruba, Costa Rica, St. John, Cozumel, Maui, Playa Del Carmen, Culebra to name a few, but nothing compares to Grace Bay Beach. The water is unbelievable, the sand is like powder. If you want to go somewhere to strictly relax, Grace Bay and in particular the West Bay Club cannot be beat. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. I could go on and on, but you really just have to go there yourself.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple