Stayed at the west bay club from aug 21-31 with my husband. We were here celebrating our 1 year anniversay. This was our first time in provo and our stay unfortunately fell during hurricane Irene. However, we would not have stayed anywhere else during such an ordeal. Dane (the hotel manager) and his staff really made sure that we were safe and comfortable - he responded promptly to my many emails (it was our first time experiencing a hurricane so we had lots of questions) throughout the situation - service here is truly top notch. Thankfully the damage from Irene was minimal and our vacation continued without a hitch the next day. But not sure we could say the same for the other resorts - we walked down the beach a couple days later and many hotels were still without beach umbrellas/chairs whereas we had ours ready to go the next day - not even sure that all resorts had electricity. We were only without ours a few hours. But a generator on the hotel provided power to limited areas during the outage ie the lobby, restaurant and the gym so we could charge our phones and laptops.
We stayed in a studio room on the 2nd floor which was facing the pool but had a partial view of the ocean. The room's decor is very modern and we had maid service everyday, except for the day of the hurricane which is completely understandable. Extra towels/toiletries (molten brown) were provided when requested and we tipped a couple of dollars everyday. The room also came with an electronic safe and the air-conditioning was a lifesaver after a long day on the beach. I had emailed Dane beforehand to request a specific room and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find that he was able to accommodate our last minute request. We encountered a bit of a snaggle the first night as we found an unpleasant odor to the bed but the issue was resolved to our satisfaction - again, I cannot say enough great things about the customer service at the west bay club.
The beach area is truly one of the best along grace bay - it sits on a wider stretch than the other resorts in the main area and the water was calm and clear. We even saw a few stingrays while standing on the beach!
And all the good things the other reviewers say about the beach service is absolutely true - they were outstanding! We tipped them a couple of dollars everytime they set up our chairs/umbrellas. Wifi was available virtually everywhere on the resort - even on the beach.
For food, we ate a few times at somewhere cafe which is located at the coral gardens hotel, about a 5 min walk - this is also where we snorkeled, we brought our own gear bc we are avid snorkelers but the west bay club does provide it - the fish tacos ($15) here are to die for. My husband who doesn't like fish (unless they're deep fried with batter) even loved them. We checked out hemingway's one night - this was just ok for us. Had thai food at thai orchid - we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was here - we ordered the basil chicken fried rice ($11) and shrimp spring rolls ($9). We also ordered delivery from pizza pizza twice which was probably the best bang for your buck - we got a large pizza (pepperoni and mushrooms), a baked ziti, garlic bread and hot wings for about $55 - all of it was delicious and we had leftovers for 3 more meals. We did "cook" a lot of our meals right in our room - we had rented a car from grace bay rentals (highly recommend renting from them) for a few days and stocked up on items at the local IGA to make our own sandwiches and salad since our room came with a kitchenette (microwave, small fridge, toaster) - also bought a few microwave dinners along with alcohol (must get the Turk head beer), water, milk etc. It is true that prices are a bit higher than at home but you would save in the long run as eating out gets very expensive on this island. Condiments, snacks (oatmeal cookies, granola bars, pita chips) and cup ramen were brought from home. Breakfast was provided by the resort - cereal, bread, bagels, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea etc. - nothing too fancy but good enough - I think you could order off a menu for other things but we didnt since we were fine with what was put out.
The grounds of this property are well maintained and the pool was very clean and the chairs were so comfy. Gym was also adequate with free weights, a couple of treadmills, one elliptical and bike - tv screens attached to these machines were a great touch - and the gym was kept comfortably cool.
Overall, this is an amazing place and there is no other place in provo we would stay. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales