My new fiance and I stayed at the West Bay Club after exhaustive reviews of several Turks&Caicos resorts. We were not disappointed. The resort is at the west end of Grace Bay Beach. The resort is very quaint and quiet. Despite the resort being relatively full, it never felt crowded and there was always ample room at the pool and beach. I heard from other travelers and saw from walks down the beach how crammed some beach fronts were, and I was really glad were were on a wide, uncrowded beach with a ton of space.
The rooms are amazing - we stayed in a 1 bedroom unit and found it enormous, with views of both the pool and beach. The rooms were clean, the housekeeping nicely out-of-sight but very efficient and met all of our needs. There is free WiFi in all the rooms. The hotel grounds are well maintained. I am really not sure about the negative reviews about the food as both lunch (pizza and fajitas) and dinner (filet/tenderloin and pork tenderloin) were excellent. We also ate one lunch at Somewhere (a tex-mex about a 7 minute walk down the beach) that was some of the best tex-mex food I've ever had. Breakfast was simple continental style but more than adequate.
The beach was the nicest I've seen (I have also traveled to jamiaca and the dominican). It's at the widest point and (unlike other resorts we saw) was completely uncrowded and free of people trying to sell excursions and stuff. I have never seen water so clear - it was like pool water - and there were no big waves. The water and beach had no seaweed, and the sand was like walking on flour. The beach staff was very helpful setting up chairs and with the use of free equipment, although there was not much in the way of beach attendants coming up to you and bringing drinks.
Of note, I proposed during my trip here, and the entire resort including Roxana (general manager) were incredible in setting up a private beach dinner and decorating the room after the proposal (flowers, chamapge, etc...). They went above and beyond help make my proposal as romantic and special as it could have been.
The staff were friendly and there were no language barriers that i encountered. This is a quiet resort, so if you are expecting lots of night life and partying I would recommend a different resort. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, luxurious, low-key place to relax on an amazing beach you will be very glad you booked here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Bay Club blends the warmth and comfort of home with the amenities and service of the finest resorts at our celebrated location on the widest stretch and tranquil west end of Turks & Caicos' award-winning Grace Bay Beach. Our all-oceanfront suites and serene setting combine to create the perfect environment for relaxation. Personalized, handmade experiences are crafted each day by our devoted staff, so guests' visits to our luxury boutique property become cherished, lifelong memories. Suites all include oceanfront terraces, full kitchens, ensuite baths and expansive living space, making West Bay Club's luxurious, comfortable accommodations the ideal backdrop for a Caribbean getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your West Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- West Bay Hotel
- West Bay Resort
- West Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales