“2nd Visit....Hope to be back again”
Review of West Bay Club

West Bay Club
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 19 December 2013

2nd year in a row to visit West Bay Club. Traveled with another couple and stayed in the two bedroom suite and it is perfect. Great interior layout, with privacy for everyone...great kitchen set up and all the basics. VERY easy to either cab it or ride the hotel bikes to the Graceway IGA to stock up with groceries. Staff is great, with particular shout out to the beach staff! They are AMAZING! We miss Charles and were very glad to see him two years in a row. The wireless was super fast (I am sad to say as I was hoping to go "off the grid" :-) )......Overall, a fabulous hotel and nice location if you want to have a little bit quieter location towards the end of Grace Bay. You can walk to two snorkeling areas and several restaurants from the hotel, but it is not in the dense area of Grace Bay. Gorgeous views, gorgeous pool, luxury!

Only "gripe" was the breakfast service. No real sense of urgency or attention, but the food was lovely and tasted great!
Hope to return. We LOVED IT!!! So wonderful!

Room Tip: Right now there is no hotel on the right of the hotel, so those rooms have a pretty view of the brus...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SammyHam

Reviewed 14 December 2013

i'll start with the picturesque enterence, the most perfect picture looking throught the resort with a wooden bride right onto the beach. They great you with a towel and a drink water or alcohol.
The resort has free use of beach cruisers and the sweetest staff. This is a place where i know the staff is being treated well. They are truely happy to work there. We got lucky with this place initailly i wanted to stay on the other side but...short version is the 5ealtor refussed to work on a saturday so at 5am in New york we booked on travelocity and got a great rate. had No probelms at all on check in 3 hours later! The person who runs the resort even had a welcome drink/hors d'oeuvres. it was a nice touch. breakfast is includeed and they will make you fresh omlets plus ..our favorite was oatmeal with yogurt.

They have free WiFi, a descent pool but....the beach service is what we always used. The guys out there would run all they way back to the bar for us, set up our towels, get paddleboards, anything and were happy to do it.

One of the great things about PROVO is that you can resort hop so if you want to experience another resort during slow times...it was fine. We walked down to the "Somewhere" bar a short walk down and meet several locals and other tourists from other resorts. Nice change of pace.

good for couples and families.

3  Thank ambitious_101
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The West Bay Club was truly an exceptional experience on all levels. I traveled there the week prior to Thanksgiving and was very pleased with everything the WBC had to offer. While this resort rooms are somewhat expensive, I was fortunate enough to find a great rate on Expedia and able to stay here. My room, while it had no views was spacious, quite, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The wifi service is excellent as well. My co-worker and I ate at the hotel restaurant most days and nights and we found the food to be on par with many of the finer fare offered on the island. Breakfast is included and you can get cook to order eggs and sides as part of the buffet. The prices were quite reasonable and actually bit more on the less expensive side for the level of service and quality of food. The beach was spectacular and the staff very friendly out there as well. I know there are several options in the Turks but I highly recommend the WBC, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Oceanfront views are amazing, if you can do it get one of the ocean front suites.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bitpals
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The rooms are very large, it has a nice size area of beach. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The continental breakfast which includes eggs, bacon, sausage was a pleasant surprise. The internet connection in our room was very fast, faster then any hotel or resort I have stayed in. The pool is very clean, the grounds are very well maintained. The staff on the beach always made sure that you have a towel and if you didn't bring one they would put one on your chair for you. If you dont mind a nice walk the shopping areas are about a mile and a half by beach which we walked several times or take a taxi which we waited about 5 min for and it was at the resort. Overall perfect vacation.

Room Tip: The studios face the pool if you want a ocean view than choose the other rooms. We were very happy w...
2  Thank bamammo1979
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Let me start off by saying that we traveled with a group of 13. So we were split into different rooms by family.
The check in was a little rough. The rest of our party had their reservations waiting for them to check in. It took about 30 minutes for us to get checked in (thank god I brought my confirmation number -- I did book through a travel agent). However, Cathy, at the front desk took care of business and found our reservation. She was very nice and gave me little updates along the way. I think the issue had to do more with the computer system.
There was someone that took my rental car and parked it for me and got our luggage up to our rooms. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. We stayed in room 201 with all the comforts of home!
We had a few little hiccups along the way with our room, but honestly, nothing that was a problem for me. Our room safe had a slight issue, but they had someone come fix it. The battery popped out of the back inside the safe leaving it locked because I couldn't enter my access code. All I had to do was call the front desk and they immediately came to fix it. The other small issue we had was my mom & dad's room the shower wouldn't turn off one day and then the next day they couldn't get it turned on. The resort hired a plumber to come out and fix it. So honestly, no big deal! I appreciate the way the resort handled our "issues" in such a timely manor.
The breakfast few in the morning were so pleasant every morning -- Rose and Marjorie were so good to us each day making sure we had enough coffee and orange juice!
James was our waiter the first night we got in and had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. I also saw him working in the bar and was also always so pleasant to talk too. He has a great personality and was always smiling!
The gentleman working on the beach work very hard for tips! My mom had a broken foot and Walde (I think I spelled his name right) offered to carry her across the beach to where the rest of our party had our beach chairs set up. Walde and Edwuardo (who is moving back home to the Philippians in December) went above and beyond for us. Please make sure to tip them well if they get your chairs and beach towels all set up for you. Like I said, they work really, really hard for their tips.
The WBC was always clean and well kept. I could not say more wonderful things about staying here. We really, really enjoyed our family trip and I hope to make it back someday!

Room Tip: The higher floors add to a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the West Bay Club, was there during the off season and my stay was blessed with perfect weather. Neither hot nor humid. Staff is very attentive and rooms are clean.

For food you can eat either at the West Bay Club, go to the neighbouring Gansevoort or BeachHouse hotels which both have nice restaurants. If you walk a bit past the BeachHouse, past the abandoned construction site there is an awesome spot for drinks and food called Somewhere. This place has happy hour and offers great views from their second floor patio.

3  Thank Leo F
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The new management for the West Bay Club is now the same as Grace Bay Resort and I could not be happier with the new management. The staff are all wonderful here and have made us feel completely welcome and they are attentive to every detail. The property is exactly as everyone else has written. It is perfect in every way! I am thankful to be here in the off season and enjoy the peaceful environment and the laid back atmosphere. The reason that I am writing is because of the new chef, Joseph. He came from the Grace Bay Resort, and he has been here for one month with the new management. He also has culinary chef experience from another luxury beach resort, Amanyara. I specifically did not want to eat at the West Bay Club due to the many previous reviews that I read about the restaurant. I mentioned this when I checked in. I was immediately informed that Joseph would make anything that I wanted for dinner. I decided to try the restaurant because of the new chef. I am glad that I did! He will prepare anything you desire, even if it is not on the menu. I prefer a healthy, nutritious selection of food. He asked us what we wanted for dinner that evening. I was extremely pleased with the taste and the appearance of my dinner. Joseph prepared a free range chicken breast (succulent!), with a papaya chutney, accompanied by whipped potatoes, and sautéed fresh garden vegetables. The conch chowder and grilled pineapple dessert were also delicious! I do hope that others will also give the new chef an opportunity to prepare a dinner of their choice. It is convenient to dine at the resort, rather than taking a taxi or driving to another location for dinner. All of the staff do their best to ensure a perfect vacation! I can't wait for dinner tonight! Ps. The location is the best on the beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple