“Wonderful week away!”
Review of West Bay Club

West Bay Club
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I recently returned from a week stay at the West Bay Club and we would recommend this facility to anyone who is interested in an excellent facility. The club offers a great daily breakfast, a relaxing pool area and a beach that is as fine as any on Provo. Rooms were cleaned daily, the fitness facilities were adequate, and the staff was kind and professional. The beach attendants especially go out of their way to see that you enjoy your stay. Charles, William and Jeffrey were all very kind in assisting us with water sports, towels and any other requests on the beach. Asha, Nando and a couple of the other attendants at the front desk were also very helpful in organizing dinner reservations and any other requests.

This hotel was offered at a modest discount to The Grace Bay Club and some of the other hotels in Provo that we found appealing. We found it to be an excellent substitute at the price point it was offered.

1  Thank Scott W

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I spent six nights celebrating our anniversary at WBC in early June. This was our first trip to Turks and this resort was perfect for us. We had excellent service in the restaurant and on the beach. Jeffrey, Wildy, Sean and all the guys on the beach were awesome! They taught me to paddle board, my husband to windsurf and also took us out on the hobie cat. We loved that WBC is located on a very peaceful portion of the beach with reefs we could snorkel within walking distance. We were in a suite with a washer/dryer and a full kitchen that we didn't really utilize to it's potential but it was nice to have the option. The resort is more intimate so we easily made friends during our stay. Many of these friends were on their third and fourth stay at WBC which speaks volumes. This will definitely not be our last visit to WBC and I'd highly recommend it. Thanks for the memories!

1  Thank inthe239
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was outstanding. Cadet, our regular waiter, was most accommodating. Good breakfast menu was always available as promised. The only criticism woud be the flies but that appears to be common to the Caribbean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This place is ridiculous. I am not sure exactly what I was expecting, but this resort greatly exceeded it. I can't say enough about the staff. Wildy, William, Charles, Jeffrey and a special emphasis on Sean. These guys went out of their way and beyond to give us anything we wanted down at the beach.

Up at the restaurant we were happy to be greeted every morning by Florence, Cadet and Junior. These were really the first smiling faces we saw when we got here and their friendliness really set the mood for the entire vacation. You really can not even walk from your room to the beach without 3 or 4 staff members making sure that you are wanting for nothing.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who asked me. This is the first review I have ever written, but I felt obligated to give some recognition to the people that made my honeymoon so special.

It is certainly possible to stay on the resort the whole time. I strongly recommend transportation besides taxis. We rented a scooter and had a blast! I think we covered every square foot of this island in the 10 days we were here. The most beautiful beaches are the ones that you find while exploring. The island is TOTALLY SAFE. We never ventured anywhere that made us feel uneasy. Even the "local bars" are heavily populated with tourists. Da Conch Shack and Buggalos are the best restaurants on the island if you are looking to feel some good vibes with some cheaper bills. The best food, however, is at Coco Bistro and Coyoba.

Caicos Dream Tours is superb. Captain Kwee deserves a shout out for making the excursion that much better.

If you choose this resort, you will not be disappointed. We will be back.

Jon

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed four nights. The hotel is lovely. Its small but had everything you need. The staff is really nice specially the guys in the beach. They go out of there way to help you. The rooms and bathroom are spacious. The only restaurant in the hotel is not the greatest but for breakfast it ok. I would have lunch and dinner elsewhere. The downside is that you need to take a cab everywhere you go and they
are expensive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anharin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Each year my husband and I travel to the Caribbean in search of the “perfect” vacation spot. While in years past, we’ve enjoyed discussing the pros and cons of each location, resort, etc. this year’s discussion was very brief in the area of cons. We truly feel that in the West Bay Club, we’ve found the perfect place. I’m going to outline different areas to give you an idea.

As we all know, good reviews also show the hard truths, so I’ll begin with those.

1) If you’re looking for crazy night life, this place is not for you.
2) If you drink yourself into oblivion, and don’t like to think about spending $7 per beer, this place may not be for you.
3) You will either need to rent a car or prepare to fork out more money for taxi service. This location is too far from everything else to NOT have wheels.
4) Only negative…the front desk is extremely hot…as in, about 15-20 degrees hotter than outside and no air movement. Not necessarily a negative for those staying there, but management seriously needs to address this as the front desk help are the front line for all requests from guests. They continue to smile and get their jobs done quite well but my heart goes out to them. It’s really, really warm up there.

Now…for a recap of the resort:

Rooms – The rooms are the cleanest we’ve ever stayed in. I assumed the place was brand-new because it was spotless. When we found out the resort is six years old, I was amazed. Their housekeeping staff deserves a serious pat on the back. We stayed in a studio room which was perfect. The main part of the room had a very comfortable king-sized bed, TV with satellite, dresser, and DVD player. There was a very functional kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker, dishes and silverware, and a small sink and mini-fridge. We made sandwiches in our room and kept beer and bottled water in the fridge. It worked great. One reviewer complained that they didn’t replace their shampoo daily…and they don’t. Which I thought was great so we weren’t wasting a half-bottle every day. For us, this was a positive.

Breakfast – Complimentary with our stay. A variety of breads, yogurt, cheeses, bacon, sausage, cereals, oatmeal, and muffins were served daily. The fresh fruit was amazing and we were impressed with the baked goods. They were the quality you would expect if you went to a bakery and purchased the items. Far better than what we expected. We truly enjoyed breakfast and I’m pleased it is so good especially since it is complimentary. Junior and Cadet serve you with a smile and make you feel like you’re kings and queens. A great way to begin each day.

Beach – Amazing. The soft, powdery-white sand is one of the widest on grace bay. We walked up and down the beach quite a ways and nothing compared. The beach staff go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Charles, Wildy, and William do a really great job. One reviewer commented that they waited until 11AM to get served a water…they are not waiters. While they WILL get you drinks, etc. and do it with a smile, that is not their sole responsibility. They’re also in care of all water sports, beach setup, etc. so if you’re dying of thirst, go to the bar and get one yourself…it’s less than 50 feet away. You’ll survive. The water is crystal clear and calm due to a natural break off the shore quite a ways. This is the nicest beach we’ve been to….and we’ve been to quite a few. I want to give an extra pat on the back to Wildy who went after a girl on a paddle board…twice. She refused his help the first time, continued to get too far out, and the second time he paddled her back is. SO far above and beyond what was expected of him but he did it because he’s a great guy who wants to make sure everyone has a great stay. WBC is extremely fortunate to have Charles, Wildy, and William work there. I’ve never met three men so happy with life in general. Each of them went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time.

Restaurant (Noodle Bar + Kitchen) – We ate here the first night because we were simply too tired to go anywhere. It was really good food. I had the coconut tiger praun and my husband had snapper. Both were excellent and we had the same outstanding service we got each morning at breakfast.

Pool – The pool was warm and appropriately sized for the size of the resort. It isn’t huge but it was quiet which was great. The pool area itself is very well designed with several alcoves that give you privacy and a couple of hammocks for those afternoon naps.

SPA – Spa Tropique has a shop right at the resort. I didn’t realize this when I booked with them but it ended up quite convenient! I’ll review them separately.
Bottom line: If you enjoy getting away for a quiet vacation, want a clean comfortable room, great breakfast, a beach that rivals any in the world, then this is the place for you. We’ve never returned to a location, let alone a resort, more than once but we’ll be back at WBC next year. It truly was an amazing vacation.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are a great bargain. You do not have a view of the ocean, but you have everything...
1  Thank wintertraveler2005
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised that this resort was exactly as described and then some. We paid for the ocean front upgraded room but we opened the door to an amazing 1 bedroom 1.5 bath condo complete with a fully equipped kitchen and a washer and dryer. The room smelled a little musty when we first entered but the air conditioner was cold and the room was clean and the musty smell went away quickly. The bed was extremely comfortable and didn't even bother my husband's back pain-he actually got to sleep in! The grocery store was a quick taxi ride away but there is a less expensive grocery store that the locals go to if you want to spend a little more on taxi ride and a little less on groceries.

This hotel is on a perfect area of Grace Bay Beach and the views are amazing but we quickly realized there isn't anything within walking distance and taxi rides add up quickly.

The beach is private and it was never crowded and it is beautiful. The resort offered a variety of non motorized water sports and provided lessons for those guests that wanted/needed training on windsurfing, paddle boards, catamarans etc. There is service on the beach if you request it. Wildly Williams was our waiter and he took very good care of us when we wanted it. The staff is really good at just leaving you alone so make sure you let them know if you want more attention and they will happily provide it to you.

Breakfast was included in the cost of room but any other meals or drinks were extra. It was always nice to see our waiter Junior at breakfast and we never saw him without a smile on his face. Cadet was another waiter at breakfast who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Dinner at the restaurant was very nice and featured a different menu from that offered at lunch with a variety of different wines available. Shaquille was an excellent dinner waiter and very knowledgeable about the menu items and provided wonderful recommendations.

We are planning on visiting Providenciales Turks and Caicos again and while West Bay Club was very nice with a wonderful staff, we will choose a resort that is closer to other activities the island offers.