“When we return to TCI we will stay here”
Review of Villa del Mar

Villa del Mar
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Villa del Mar exceeded expectations and for a price point on the island that can't be beaten. The apartments are of a high quality finish and only a few minutes walk to Grace Bay. I couldn't justify spending $500+ night to be a few meters closer to the beach so Villa del Mar was the perfect fit. All the staff were very friendly and met our every request quickly and with a smile. As others have said the breakfast is sparse but its adequate. It was great to have a kitchen in the studio but next time we will definitely go for a 1 bedroom. Our nightly rate worked out to around $200 incl tax. The pool on the resort is also very good for children. There is an IGA within walking distance and a lot of great restaurants along the beach. Be prepared for high food and drink prices though.

3  Thank PocitosGuy

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

This place is beautiful! My boyfriend and I had an amazing time here. The manager and staff, even the developer stopped us to say hello. Everyone was very professional and helpful! We loved The taxi guy, "fingers" and the guy in the beach setting up our tables, (the twins). Very professional and friendly to everyone. The pool is small but we had plenty of pool time. Great bartenders at the tiki bar, I love Captain Bill! The rooms were very nice, we had the studio that came with washer and dryer and microwave and a mini fridge. Please bring snacks this place is expensive. Overall this property is great. My only issue was the service charge and taxes, if you are on a budget this can throw your budget off. But the service was great and if that means all those folks get to keep their jobs then I'm ok with it! Great job Villa Del Mar!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Paulajillian
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My family and I recently (5/17-5/22) stayed at Villa Del Mar, C101. From the moment of our unfortunately delayed arrival, the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. Of particular assistance and guidance throughout our stay were Lynco, Tendra, Patrina, and Leisel. Our place was well-appointed and spotless, from the kitchen to the bathroom with tub and shower. The washer, dryer, and dishwasher proved to be very helpful during our stay, and we enjoyed having a large flat screen TV in the living room too. The relatively new property is perfectly located on a curving road lined with bougainvillea. A short walk takes you to the major shopping areas, as well as a handy Graceway Gourmet grocery store. We were sad to leave our island home, having had such a great experience there. We wished we could have stayed at Villa Del Mar on Provo permanently!

1  Thank AProfessionalNomad
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My teenage daughter and I spent 4 days at Villa del Mar and had a wonderful time. Our suite was beautiful, clean, well appointed. It had a kitchen with dishwasher, refridgerator, granite countertops. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a 2 bedroom suite with a lovely bathroom, one king and one queen, washer/dryer, tv, and a breezy corner patio. It was quiet and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and helpful with excursions. The hotel is across a small street from the beach which was not a problem. It was much nicer than staying at an all-inclusive with lots of noisy kids. And VDM has an area at the beach with staff, chairs, unbrellas, and towels. The location was an easy walk to restaurants, shopping areas, and the wonderful gourmet grocery. Yes, Provo is expensive; stock the fridge. It was worth it for the sugary beach and crystal water!

2  Thank Misty R
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I just returned from Turks and Villa Del Mar and I felt compelled to write a review for the first time. We came across a special for VDM on Jetsetter and decided to book it at the last minute. We expected it to be adequate, but we never expected it to be as nice as it was. We were traveling with our 8 month old and requested a room on the garden level near the pool. The room was immaculate, spacious, and modern. The mini kitchen allowed us to keep baby food cold, make snacks and small meals, which was a plus with a small baby. The grounds of VDM are beautifully manicured and kept up. There always seemed to be someone around making sure everything was in order. The pool was on the small side, but the resort was so quiet and peaceful that we were never in the pool at the same time as anyone else. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. There was a mix of clientele, from honeymooners to married couples to families with small kids. But this is not a 'kids' resort, and there was never a time when we felt like it was crowded or noisy. In fact, most of the time we felt as if we had our own private pool, that's how quiet it was. (Granted, it might have been the off season at the beginning of May, but I can't imagine it's that much different in the high season.)
There's no restaurant, but that was never a problem as there are so many resorts and cafes nearby. There's an outdoor bar with reasonably priced drinks. There are also two nice BBQ's poolside for the guests to use. This was great for us, because once we put our baby to sleep we were able to stay within baby-monitor range and still enjoy dinner outside instead of being stuck in the hotel room.
The beach is literally a 2 minute walk away and Carone is there to set you up with your towels, chairs and anything else you need.
We will definitely return to VDM. It's a great place to go if you want to travel with other couples or family members.
If we had one complaint, and this is minor, it's that the beds were not particularly comfortable. Ours was very soft, but that is always a matter of personal preference.
We couldn't see any reason to stay at a more expensive or glamorous resort, as the amenities are exactly the same. Grace Bay Club, which is one of the nicer hotels on the Island, is right across the street and the only thing it has that VDM doesn't is that it is right on the beach. That said, unless you demand a view of the ocean from the room, you give up nothing by staying at VDM, which is so close it could be the same property.
On a side note: Turks is quite expensive once you are on the island. Food is ridiculously overpriced and so are the markets. We literally went to Trader Joe's before we left and packed a suitcase full of snacks, baby food, pbj, etc. Definitely recommend doing that because if we had to buy all that stuff on the Island, it would have literally been hundreds of dollars. A bag of potato chips at the supermarket is $6 or 7 dollars, and a jar of peanut butter is closer to 10.
To sum up: Great vacation. Perfect hotel. We'll be back.
Thanks to everyone there!
Lindsay and Aaron and Ruby

Room Tip: Ground level rooms open up right to the pool, which is great for kids. Higher rooms didn't appea...
9  Thank aaron S S
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I want to start my review by saying that the staff at Villa Del Mar is second to none. I traveled to Provo during the first week of May, I booked my stay at Villa Del Mar because it was competitively priced and was just across the street from the beach. The rooms at the property are truly spectacular. I stayed in two different rooms during my visit.

The Studio Suite was great! I walked in and was immediately glad that I booked Villa Del Mar as opposed to the incredibly expensive properties that are directly on the beach. The studio offered a full balcony, stand up glass shower, full separate bath tub, very nice stainless steel kitchenette, and a washer and dryer. I could live in the Studio Suite and be 100% happy for the rest of my days.

Next was the 2 bedroom luxury suite. This was phenomenal!!! Once again, I walked into the unit and was very happy with the accommodations. The 2 bedroom offered a ton of space, 2 full bedrooms, a full stainless steel kitchen with Full Fridge, Microwave, Stove, Dishwasher, and all the glass and dishware that you could need. Once again, I could live here full-time and be incredibly happy.

The property is incredibly well maintained. There are two pools, a killer hot tub, great bar service, and has a very comfortable feel overall. I loved the way the property was setup. I really felt like everything was super easy and convenient. The last thing is the staff, I mentioned them at the beginning of my review, but I wanted to elaborate on my experience. I was very unfortunate and actually got sick during my stay, the staff made an incredible effort to do anything and everything in their power to make me feel better. They delivered ice to my room, brought me Chicken Noodle Soup, and even got me ibuprofen. They did not have to do any of these things, but they went the extra mile to make sure I was as comfortable as possible.

I can't say enough great things about Villa Del Mar, but if you are thinking about heading to Provo, make sure you book your stay here!

Room Tip: Every Room is BEAUTIFUL!!! Come by yourself or with your family and enjoy this incredible place
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank James F
Reviewed 28 April 2012

...and welcome we were, by the warm and friendly staff of Villa Del Mar. The studio suite was bright and modern and very clean, with a kitchenette, king size bed, bathroom with soaker tub and a deep balcony where you could catch a breeze and enjoy your breakfast. The grounds are immaculate and the pools and hot tub crystal clear, we swam every day and evening and enjoyed coconuts and drinks by the pool. There is also the beautiful white sand beach on Grace Bay, with service, sun beds, and loungers to enjoy. If you are on a budget, the Villa del Mar is priced reasonably without losing the luxury - try the off season you'll enjoy more privacy as we did. We had the trip of a life time and really got the feel of the Carribean. Thank you for making our week in paradise wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family