First trip traveling to a condo hotel and were skeptical if we would enjoy. Wow -- we were completely wrong. We loved having in-suite laundry and enjoyed our daily trip to the IGA Gourmet (nearby) to purchase small snacks and light meal options which we could keep in our well stocked kitchen.
Villa del Mar is really a lovely little condo hotel. First, for those worried about it not being on the beach - it is steps away and if you are staying on the higher floors, you will have an ocean view. Of all the hotels we visited in the past while in Turks, VDM is near/on one of the most gorgeous sections of white sand and blue turquoise water. The beach itself will not disappoint and you will forget the 60 second walk you took to get there as you approach the water. The hotel is small and cozy and the staff are brilliant. Always helpful and smiling, they really try to give 5 star service. We were definitely pleased with their attention to details and friendly nature.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and we found it perfect for our needs. It was very well appointed and the amenities inside the suite were just like home. At the time of our visit, the hotel was very busy and we became acquainted with some other couples/families who were staying in the complex as well. We had an opportunity to see their suites and were thankful that we chose the two bedroom option rather than the less expensive 1 bedroom and studio. The studio was very small and since it is probably the most frequently rented, we found that it looked tired and in need of updating.
We never swam in the swimming pool but, it was very inviting and the water was always warm. All the suites face the pool so, we think that there could be some noise at times for those staying on the lower floors.
Villa del Mar has their own section on the beach and they offer cold water at their desk and umbrella service. Food can be ordered and brought from Seaside cafe and we did so on several occasions.
All in all, we enjoyed our experience immensely and would definitely consider a return visit. We would recommend this hotel to everyone - travelers on any budget because it is a clean, friendly and a location perfect option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, West Indies and Agoda so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales