We have just returned from a week at Villa del Mar. We rented a 3 BR unit which is essentially a 2+1BR lockoff. We liked the configuration as we could put the kids 3 - 13, 10, 8) on one side and have some privacy but still open access across units. The unit worked perfect.
The unit is not on the beach but is literally a 2 minute walk. As others have said, the guys at the beach are great and will get you hooked up on any excursions that you want to take.
We were easily able to walk to Coco Bistro, Caicos Cafe, Via Veneto, Upstairs Cafe, Seven, and Caicos Bakery to eat, among others.
The breakfast is a true continental, but functional. We went to the bakery many days.
The reasons we rate Villa del Mar so highly are as follows:
1. Great setup of room
2. Great beach setup with towels, chairs, umbrellas provided.
3. Nice pools with a low volume of people.
4. Unbelievable location in the middle of all the nicest restaurants.
5. Love daily maid service. If you time share, you forget how nice that is.
6. Great price. Walk across the street and your price easily doubles for the view. Go to Sandals and the price gets crazy, and you end up staying on site and not enjoying all that there is to do on the island.
We usually spring for the high dollar hotel, but, in reading the reviews for Villa del Mar, we felt like we could get a good spot to stay and still explore the island. We feel like we did.
Not so good things? My only criticisms would be the following:
1. Breakfast is free and advertised as continental, but it is basic. Don't expect much.
2. They need to stock more pool towels. We had 2 occasions where they were out.
All in all, we loved our stay. I would do it all over again and save the money to stay here versus the other places we saw as we went for dinner, etc. Great hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales