“Perfect small hotel in ideal location with standout staff”
Review of Villa del Mar

Villa del Mar
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
des moines iowa
“Perfect small hotel in ideal location with standout staff”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Extremely friendly staff makes this hotel a stand-out. Or maybe that is just the way everyone is on TCI because truly everywhere we went the local staff was so welcoming!!?? Hotel was clean, well-appointed and stocked, ideally located and just the right size. Housekeeping provided us laundry soap upon request for machines in our room. Plenty of towels and fresh linens each day. Soft beds and good sheets. Nice morning breakfast included and although as others mentioned each morning is the same—who cares-- it is complimentary and there are lots of options. Two small pools with rooms around make a nice break from the beach. Pool water got a little too warm some days. Literally across the street from the beach. Great service beach side and hotel centrally located on Grace Bay. Every question we had, the staffed answered. It seemed like they really wanted us to have a good time. Fellow guests were all also really friendly. Would help to identify the smaller pool as adult only to give people without kids a space of their own. I believe it was meant to be that way but not really sure as there were no signs or mention of this. Hooked us up with good tours and fair taxi rides.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed at several resorts oceanfront from very nice to luxury. I booked last minute and for the first half of the week was alone (heaven). I was hesitant to be at a resort across the street but for the cost of Villa del Mar and the fact that I knew the area I thought I would give it a try. I almost do not want to post a true review for the fear that it will not be available when I want to go back. The beach access is literally right across the street from the office right through Grace Bay Club. You may as well be staying in one if their back side rooms. Ok. Room was lovely and exactly as described. I stayed in a studio with a pull out sofa. Son said sofa was great. I had a fridge, toaster, coffee maker with as much yummy coffee as I could make., microwave and and everything else I needed. You can walk to the Graceway supermarket easily and not feel it's too far. Breakfast is included in the rate so you don't need much. Breakfast is adequate. Breads and cereals and fruits. It was Easter when I was there and on Good Friday they had hot cross buns. Lots of chocolate in the lobby too! The bathroom was spacious and very nice. Bed comfortable. My little patio was very close to the adult pool at the back. The resort did not keep to the rule this was for adults only but I think if I had decided to complain about it they would have. I go to Turks for the beach and I was very relaxed so I did not care too much. Had I been wanting to read by the pool I would have spoken up. The back adult pool became very warm like a huge hot tub. My son loved it at dusk. Just an FYI but not very refreshing. One fact that needs to pointed out is that they do pipe out terrible music. I think it was a local, easy listening station. I asked them to turn it if for me and they did. Front pool does have kids and this tends to be a family resort but if you do not want to hang by the pool too much and you are here for the beach it's so worth it.
Back to the beach access. Literally cross the street, walk through the Grace Bay Club and the beach area for the resort is just to the left. The beach attendant has fresh cold water, towels. Information and he will get you drinks and find from neighboring resorts if needed. They have loungers, tables, chairs umbrellas. It was perfect. Stay far over to the side if you want to be quiet. I used the facilities of the a Grace Bay Club when I needed to. I had lunch at their Jar bar twice. I like to walk up and down the beach daily and it's a central spot to do so. I preferred Provo 10 years ago when it was not so crowded but I love good, chic restaurants too so I have to out up with a few more people. The beach is just so wonderful. I will return again to go in this most beautiful water. Maybe split the time between Provo for the sophistication and then a resort on a smaller island for the peace. From Villa Del Mar you can walk to Anacoana, Coyaba and Coco Bistro, Caicos cafe and others for a great meal. A short cab ride gets you where else you need to go. If you want to putter around the shops( few but that's good) then it's all within walking distance. For the money, this is a gem. If you just want the status of a big resort or you have to have an ocean view it's not for you. Free wifi and cable. A couple of nights I stayed in with pate, cheese and wine and a movie. The resort is building a second resort next door. I am concerned the beach area will be too full when that is done but for the moment this is where I will return to. I will put my money in to a great dinner and stay at this lovely, boutique resort in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in building A if you want to be near the back pool which is supposed to be for adults only.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank leigh b
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel rooms and gorunds are pefect, although we did have an issue with one of our rooms but the staff responed very quickly and we got everything settled. The hotel staff is excellent and area is in a great location, right accross the street from Grace Bay Hotel which allot more than Villa Del Mar but i'd stay VDM first... beach is just a min walk and you will not be dissapointed... having been to ST Thomas i have to say Turks is better..

Room Tip: try and get higher floors and the buildings run A (first unit) B ( middle) C (end) i'd ask for t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pbruno33
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was our first trip to T&C and VDM did not disappoint! The condos were great - very clean and friendly staff. We had a 2 bedroom on the first floor - this provided easy access to the pool area and breakfast each morning. Breakfast was a cold continental - pastries and banana bread, various cereals, bananas and oranges, oatmeal, bagels, coffee, tea and juice. The pool areas are nice with both having a very gradual entry, which is nice for the toddlers and babies. They always had clean towels available. The staff at the beach was awesome - they were always there to get an umbrella for you, chairs or even help grab you food or drinks! Even with 2 little ones in tow, the walk to the beach was an easy one! VDM is in close proximity to many restaurants, and a small grocery store. The only somewhat negative comment I would have about our stay is that the fire alarm went off 3 different times (2 times at night and once in the afternoon). It was taken care of quickly, without any real incident either. We will definitely return to VDM when we return to T&C on our next trip! Thanks, VDM, for helping make our stay in Grace Bay so great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We came to villa de mar on 5/5/15 for our honeymoon and this place is amazing everything I could of wanted for a room. We had our own private balcony overlooking the pool. And this place is very close to the beach which is nice highly recommended for anyone

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mount Kisco, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My family (including a 5 and 2 year old) stayed here for just one day at the end of a week stay at another resort. Although it is not on the beach, it has a lot of positives. We booked a king studio which had a sofa bed too. There is a small pantry (like a typical hotel room) with a small fridge and a washer/dryer. The best part of this place, other than a great value, is (i) the pools are perfect for small kids with a large shallow end, (ii) the beach (the heart of world famous Grace Bay) is a short walk through the gorgeous grounds of the Grace Bay Club (I have to give them an excellent review too since their staff were so nice to treat us as if we were their guests even though they new we were from across the street) and (iii) free continental breakfast (great coffee!). The only negative is that our room was a little musty but this can be expected in the humid islands. Great value. Totally recommend.

Room Tip: Any room second floor and up since all first floor rooms look directly to the pool - a little lack o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ericraheem
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our 5th visit to Provo, TCI and the first time we stayed in the same place twice. Not to say the other locations weren't good, far from it, but VDM just added that little bit more of what we were looking for.
We stayed 24-31 Mar 2014 and had a 2 bedroom first floor suite for my sister and mother, this came with a full kitchen including diswasher. My wife and I stayed in the adjoining studio with a kitchenette. There was an exterior door that could be locked so that both rooms could be left open for ease of movement between units. But if more privacy was required both rooms could be secured separately. The 2 bedroom was on the outward side of the building and allowed for a wonderful cross breeze through the unit when the side windows and patio door were opened.
The staff, again, were fantastic, shout out to the Manager (CAPERS RULE), cleaning, front desk, grounds keepers, bartenders, beach attendants, all were friendly and helpful. I wish I would have wrote all your names down so I could mention each of you...I hope you all had a chance to taste the Maple Syrup Candy!!!!!
The pools were great, both are walk in (6 inchs of water to approx 5 ft).
The hot tub is also nice we used it a few times..
Distances to every where that we walked (by GPS)
Graceway Grocery - 720 m
Caicos Bakery - 380 m
VDM beach chair area - 280 m
Salt mills gym (free pass if you stay at VDM)(I need to get back and buy their Tshirt) - 1.2 KM just a nice warm up run
Jimmy's Dive bar (my personal favourite) - 640 m
Hemingways restaurant (the Sands) - 1.7 km via road/ 1.48 via beach
Bay Bistro (Sibonne resort) - 2.5 km via road/ 2.2 via beach
All in all VDM gives you great value. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family