“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Tucson, Arizona
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This a condo property rented as a hotel rooms and it is great! I stayed in a studio and it was spacious, clean and beautiful. I was on the second floor but I think higher is better. Mine had a kitchenette which was perfect. All of the staff were incredibly kind and helpful throughout my stay. They set up all my tours and gave great recommendations for local restaurants.
They are in a great location literally a minute walk from the beach where they have a attendant with towels, water, chairs, umbrellas and even some floating tubes and lounges for the water! Everything i needed was within walking distance, great restaurants, grocery store and the beach!
The only downfall is the continental breakfast....cereal, bagel, banana bread, banana, orange, coffee, tea or juice....after 5 days I was over that meal.
Stay here, the price is way better then the other resorts but if you are willing to not be on the water it is perfect!

Room Tip: Higher floors would have even better view and more privacy if your curtains are open.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Coppeliat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wish I could give 6 stars to the Villa Del Mar - and 10 stars to the staff!. The staff of VDM went out of their way to make our wedding week special from pedals on the beds to champange on our wedding day. Easy walk to the beach through one of the nicest resorts on the TCI - The Grace Bay Club. VDM has its own 'beach club' next to the Grace Bay Club and twins Kerone and Lerone did a great job taking care of us on the beach. Spotless grills are available at the pool if you want to cookout (and we did!). The preperty is small but manicured - 2-5 grounds people were always working on the landscaping. Each of the 3 buildings over looks a beautiful pool. The pool house is the breakfast location in the morning and the bar during the afternoon and evening. Quinton Dean, local musician and Prince's touring guitarist played at the managers reception on Friday ("Alan - you're awesome"!). I'd recommend VDM for adults, couples, and families w/ small children. Families with teen age children may want a property with more to do ie Beaches Resort. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SCJazzGuy
washington dc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My Wife and I stayed at Villa del Mar in early MAY 2014, we rented a 2 bedroom as the 1 bedroom units were sold out . We were told that it had a full kitchen with all the amenities. Upon check in they gave us a ground floor unit which was fine. We were pleasantly surprised by the resorts close proximity to the beach, the Grace Bay Club (where we enjoyed their many restaurants and amenities, Grill Rouge, The Lounge and Anai Spa), shopping and dining. The rooms are very spacious with large balconies and bathrooms. Each unit is equipped with washer/dryer and kitchen area for with fridge / ice maker, dish washer. etc. I highly recommend shopping at graceway supermarket (10 - 15 minute walk)
This Hotel is nice on the surface, pleasant grounds and rooms but the small details of problems pile up quickly

Housekeeping was definitely not up to par. We found garbage from previous guests (baby wipes lid on bottom of night table all week and the shower wasn't cleaned properly ALL week.

First thing right off the bat walking into the room
need to check email and have a cold drink. ...................NO internet, and NO Ice.

I need internet as I am self employed (we only book a hotel with internet)

They gave us the password to the room next door which had a REALLY low signal. This took 3 days to urge the manager Tendra to fix, my wife told her the signal was weak and she took that to mean it is great. Tendra came over day 3 and installed the new wifi herself as no one was able to find 3 minutes to do this for 3 days ...

I do not mind broken things It is how you handle it that is important to me.. They did not agree

It took a day to have the staff come look at the ice maker, they said just lower the bar on the machine... I said no water in the tray means no ice can be made.... then they sent someone else to look at it who said it is broken and needs a part... on day 3 a real repairman showed up with an interpreter.. they spent about 45 min taking it apart to tell me it was broken and would be a week for the part to arrive...

The desk told me to go to the tiki bar by the pool ...When I went to the tiki hut to get ice the female bartender told me to bring my room ice bucket... I told her it was filthy and in the dishwasher. she said come back when it is clean.

I explained the whole situation to the gentleman at the front desk ... LYNCO and requested that he have someone send me a bucket of ice, he said We do NOT do that!!! I was told "We do not have room service!"

I thought that i paid for a room with functioning appliances but I guess that I was wrong...

Then the dishwasher missing its (2) screws to hold it in place tilted forward and spilled water all over the floor.

The cabinet had broken doors and the decorations were a bit chipped up ...

To be fair the real-estate manager Alan tried to console us... but no offer of any rebate or amenity besides a bottle of wine and a bucket of ice.

The balcony bulbs burned out so so no use using it at night in the dark. there were dead bugs in our bathroom wall that never got cleaned off by the maid, thick dust on top of every picture.

The continental breakfast is lame, you can get some juice and small pastries, but by 8:30 it is slim pickings...

The young lady out at the desk was very nice and she tried to help me with what the island has to offer for a tourist but their knowledge and advise was limited.

All of this could possibly be due to the laid back culture on the island.

I travel quite extensively 3-4 vacations a year in the Caribbean and Mexico so I am not shocked by pretty much anything.

We had a very relaxing time on the island and truly enjoyed the beach on Grace Bay which may just be the most beautiful in the world. We would recommend the island to any one who is looking to lose yourself for a few days and leave mainstream behind.

The pool was on the small side The towels pile up the bin with no fresh ones each day ... but the beach is a better alternative. The beach is literally 2 minutes away. You have to cut through Grace Bay Resort for access. I did see the beach attendant sleeping one day

OH and the pool ... Hope that you like ELVIS and old time music. hound dog, love me tender... Mr. Postman etc... There were 4 adults reading at the small pool and this is blaring way too loud ... how about some soft Caribbean music that I can not hear from my bedroom with all the doors closed

Front pool does have kids and this tends to be a family resort but if you do not want to hang by the pool too much and you are here for the beach it's so worth it

Coco Bistro could not get a reservation, but I recommend Caicos Café, Coyaba, etc.

The maid kept putting the pans in the dishwasher without cleaning them and we could not as we had no sponge... the last day a magic sponge appeared on our counter.

FINALLY... I had a 330 flight out .. so I asked for late check out since I had problems - I thought that they would help me out ... I explained 11 am would not be the best how about 12:30... the nice girl at the desk called around trying to contact someone of authority and after pleaded with 3 different people (no manager on site that day) to accommodate me ... She turned to me with an expression of victory and said you can check out at 11:30

DO NOT expect good service here

Room Tip: ground floor for easy pool access top floor for a view and quiet factor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank drjonesphd
Director-VDM, Director of Development & Operations at Villa del Mar, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Guests:

We welcome all guest comments and appreciate the time it takes to provide balanced feedback about your stay at our property. We apologize that we did not meet your expatiations. However, we must respond to your comments and to correct some of the inaccuracies.
Villa del Mar is proud of our award winning customer service and the level of engagement our staff has with guests. As you can see by the reviews which came before and those which followed yours, our property excels at providing a high level of customer service and, if I may say, great satisfaction. While it will be clear to readers that your feedback stands out on its own and, by that very fact, is potentially exaggerated and/or embellished, a response is necessary.
First of all, we are pleased that your internet situation was resolved. We informed all our guests prior to check-in that we were conducting an internet service up-grade which only took one day not three. We have an exceptional housekeeping staff and your suite was inspected and was in excellent condition prior to your arrival. As well, you will recall that - in response to your concerns - we made several attempts to provide you with another upgraded penthouse suite, but surprisingly not only did you did not accept our gesture, you seem to have forgotten to add it to your review.
In response to your comments about the breakfast choices, we offer a deluxe continental breakfast containing a wide variety of cereals, pastries, homemade banana bread, bagels, breads English muffins, juices, coffee and tea included in your room rate. We are very proud of our beach captains and beach service. He was not sleeping but texting with his head down due to the sunlight. We are the ultimate choice for travelers who want to experience the very best of Provo without breaking the bank. We couldn't be more proud of the niche we serve and the joy we bring to so many guests. It also must be noted that you indicated that you were a TA senior writer and if you did not receive a dinner for two or a drastic reduction in your room rate that you would be posting a “very negative review”. We contacted TA management to express our concerns regarding this behavior.

Sometimes we have periods in our life where we cannot see the good things around us let alone recognize the efforts made by those around us to accommodate our requests. Perhaps your visit was clouded by such unfortunate circumstances.
The world is a magnificent place with so many wonderful treasures. We hope you will discover and delight in them on a future vacation.
Warmest regards,

Alan Lawley
Director of Development & Operations
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Villa Del Mar From May 16th to the 23rd. The management does everything right. Clean, cared for rooms, excellent service, it is really flawless. I give VDM 4 stars instead of 5 just because there isn't a restaurant and the pools are small. Ocean access is easy and the ocean is amazing. We have a 4 year old daughter and she loved it. VDM is within walking distance to so much for adults and older children. For our child some of the walks were a little long. I can absolutely see why everyone reviews VDM well. It is terrific and the Turks and Caicos are amazing. They may be a bit quiet for some people, but it really is a piece of paradise. Turks and Caicos isn't cheap, but it also isn't out-of-control expensive. VDM really seems to be the best hotel value on T and C.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

First time in Turks & Caicos...didn't want to do stay in an all inclusive resort. A friend's co-worker visits TCI several times a year and raves about Villa Del Mar so we decided to give it a try. Excellent location, wonderful staff, clean rooms, very nice pools, beautiful landscaping safe and quiet. We stayed on the top floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, washer/dryer, huge patio, full kitchen. The complex isn't on the beach but we could see the ocean from our patio. The beach was BEAUTIFUL.
Tip: Bring snacks...TCI is expensive. Villa Del Mar offers a complimentary breakfast from 7:30-9:30 and a wonderful bakery was a 5 minute walk from the complex (bakery prices were very reasonable). The breakfast included fruits, bagels, pastries, milk, juice, tea, coffee, cereal, muffins, etc. We would grab breakfast and eat it on our patio; enjoying the view. The beach is a quick walk across the street. Villa Del Mar provides complementary towels, chairs and water on the beach. An employee will set up chairs and umbrellas, provide floats and a pump to inflate your personal floats, obtain food and drinks from a nearby beach cafe. The food is a bit pricey which is why I suggest purchasing snacks for lunch and definitely packing some in your suitcase. Possibly pack a collapsible cooler. A grocery store and major bank (ATM) are about a 10 minute walk from the complex.
Lots of restaurants were 5-10 minute walk from the complex. Dinner prices were comparable to pricey restaurants in the states. But Lunch was pricey compared to the value of what you received. Fish and chips with a local beer would cost $35. Next time we will bring lunch snacks and purchase bread, beer and lunch meat at the local grocery.
The employee at the beach can hook you up with excursions (paddle boarding, kayaking, etc)...very convenient.
I can't think of any downsides....it was a perfect vacation, relaxing visit and I will return next year.

Room Tip: I loved being on the top floor with the huge patio. Late at night we would lounge on the patio furn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I did a lot of research before booking at Villa del Mar. I had been to Turks and Caicos the year before on business and was not looking forward to staying in the same accommodations as before, though I needed to find something that was in the same price range due to restrictions on my expense account. I cannot stress how much happier I was with Villa del Mar.

The ground floor room was fantastic, with parking right outside the door. The room was well appointed with a very handy kitchenette. There was a grocery store not far away to pick up lunch ingredients and snacks and whatever else you would need. The beach is two minutes away and stunning!

The staff was amazing -- very polite, helpful, and efficient.

Just around the corner is a fantastic restaurant called Coyoba. It's about a five-minute walk. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent.

I would definitely highly recommend this to anyone looking to travel to Providenciales.

Love, love, love Villa del Mar.

Room Tip: When I was there, there was no restaurant on site, though they did supply a very nice continental br...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GrandCaymanCarol
des moines iowa
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Extremely friendly staff makes this hotel a stand-out. Or maybe that is just the way everyone is on TCI because truly everywhere we went the local staff was so welcoming!!?? Hotel was clean, well-appointed and stocked, ideally located and just the right size. Housekeeping provided us laundry soap upon request for machines in our room. Plenty of towels and fresh linens each day. Soft beds and good sheets. Nice morning breakfast included and although as others mentioned each morning is the same—who cares-- it is complimentary and there are lots of options. Two small pools with rooms around make a nice break from the beach. Pool water got a little too warm some days. Literally across the street from the beach. Great service beach side and hotel centrally located on Grace Bay. Every question we had, the staffed answered. It seemed like they really wanted us to have a good time. Fellow guests were all also really friendly. Would help to identify the smaller pool as adult only to give people without kids a space of their own. I believe it was meant to be that way but not really sure as there were no signs or mention of this. Hooked us up with good tours and fair taxi rides.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends