Stayed for 6 days from 6/13 - 6/19, first time on Provo. Picked VDM based upon previous reviews here on Trip Advisor, happy with our decision.
Provo is an expensive island compared to other islands with hotels/restaurants along a beach (i.e., Negril), however what you get with that price are no hustlers, lots of fantastic restaurants, friendly "belongers" and a family friendly environment.
We rented a Studio Suite at VDM. We were located in "A" building on the 1st level. We could walk right out to the kiddie pool. We basically had this pool to ourselves for most of our stay. The larger pool seemed to be more popular and we even tried the hot tub one night (could have been a bit warmer but still OK). Yes, there were kids at the resort but most were well behaved. VDM has the most comfortable pool chaise lounges in the world! They are covered with a white terry cloth cover which is changed every day. There were plenty of beach towels available.
The room was clean and spacious and the AC worked great - sometimes too great to the point I had to turn it off every now and then. King bed with nice linens, lots of pillows, very comfortable. A few things I did notice, there is no full length mirror in the room and there is no drawer chest to put your folded clothes.. so basically we lived out of our suitcases. Not sure if this was the basic set up in all of the studio suites but it was our room.
Bathroom was large with soaking tub and lots of fluffy towels.
Kitchenette had microwave, toaster, small frig and coffee maker. VDM provides Wolfgang Puck coffee (excellent) along with coffee filters. There is no dishwasher in the Studios, so I brought a small bottle of dish liquid with a couple of sponges to do dishes. The kitchenette really needed a few kitchen towels. I'd rather do my own dishes (so I know they are clean) and a drying towel would have been great.
The Studio suite also included a stack washer and dryer, loved this and did a few loads of laundry (brought my own laundry pods). I only used 1/4 of the clothes I brought down, will keep this in mind next time.
Housekeeping was efficient and did a great job in a timely manner.
The grounds of VDM were maintained very well, pools were clean, gardens were groomed and the staff were unobtrusive.
The room price included continental breakfast (7:30am - 9:30am) had various pastries, bread (for toasting with butter and various jams), bananas, oranges, cereal with milk, orange or apple juice and coffee, tea, hot chocolate. This was enough for us. We boosted our breakfast with yogurt and muffins purchased at Graceway Gourmet (within walking distance). 2 4-pak of Chobani Yogurt and 4 muffins were $26.00! A few days we bought the obligatory Almond croissants from the Caicos Bakery (delish!) although beware of the Custard filled donuts they also sell, they are huge and filled to the max!
Friday nite was the Manager's Party with lots of strong rum punches and snacks (peanuts and assorted chips). The bartender Capt Bill was friendly. We met the manager, Alan, very pleasant gentleman.
We rented a vehicle during our total stay. There was plenty of parking at the resort (right outside of our unit).
The walk to the beach was not a long one. Right across the "street" and through the Grace Bay Club to VDM's beach area. We only spent a few hours in total on Grace beach, we were too busy visiting other areas of the island (loved Sapodilla Bay, beach at da Conch shack and Bugaloo's) and spending time at the pool loving those loungers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales