We arrived on December 19 2010. unfortunately one piece of our baggage was 'lost'. The reception staff at Villa Del Mar went above and beyond to help us out with following this issue up. After numerous calls by ourselves to the airport, the bag turned up after the receptionist (Patrina) personally rang the airport and got them to find our bag!
We stayed in a 'deluxe studio' which was more than adequate for our needs. The king bed was comfortable, the bathroom was huge and extremely clean and luxurious, and amenities included a toaster, kettle and fridge. There are two pools and a small bar but we did not spend too much time at the hotel. There is free wifi but it is quite slow. Just across the road is Grace Bay Club through which you can access the world's most beautiful beach.
One thing I would not recommend is taking the shuttle to IGA - it is very expensive at $12 per person when the Graceway Gourmet is basically the same and within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Mar is the perfect island retreat for a vacation filled with endless sunshine and delightful diversions. Located on Providenciales (a.k.a. Provo), the most developed island in the Turks and Caicos chain, Villa del Mar is just steps from the 12 mile strip of sugary fine sand and cerulean blue water known as Grace Bay Beach, internationally recognized as one of the world's top 10 beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Mar Hotel Providenciales
- Hotel Del Mar
- Del Mar Hotel
- Villa Del Mar Turks And Caicos/Providenciales